Sign in to follow this  
F0NIX

MOC: A Swedish house

indexed.gif B-RV-3B

This is my latest MOC.

Building in progress. I think I'll redo the veranda.

Criticism and tips and hints will be nice.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=319422

Here are a few previews:

2008-05-18_0003.jpg

2008-05-18_0002.jpg

And the source for the inspiration:

original_02.jpg

original_01.jpg

More pictures will come later when my camera is charged and I have redone the veranda...

This is my latest MOC.

Building in progress. I think I'll redo the veranda.

Criticism and tips and hints will be nice.

I really love this! It's incredibly accurate (but in the wrong forum, so I moved it :blush: ) I love the way you pulled off the curves. That was really smart. I'm not a fan of the SNOT windows. I prefer them to be flush and the missing "cross" makes it appear like part of the window is hovering. I'd like to see the extra white plate added to complete the window and then build over that new height. I'd also like to see the wrap-around porch with a little more details. White columns and a white picket fence would match better, I think. Other than those two things, I think this is wonderful. It's nice to see a MOC from you. Excellent work! :classic:

Nice work, looks very promising. :classic:

What really annoys me about it though, is the dark blue columns on the porch, like Hinckley I think white columns would match a lot better. As it is now the columns kinda ruins the "visual impression". And as I said on IRC, (#brikkelauget on IRCnet for those who care :wink:) I think it could be a tiny bit bigger, so you get room for more details.

I really love this! It's incredibly accurate (but in the wrong forum, so I moved it :blush: )

Thanks for loving it and thanks for moving it to the raight place. I hope you excuse me since I'm not very familar with this forum yet. Not sure where to put moc's...

I love the way you pulled off the curves. That was really smart.

Thanks again. Well, it was pure luck. I was "droddling" around with bricks, and actually it was just this "problem" that I wanted to explore by building this house. I have thought of this problem almost every day since I saw the house for the first time when driving throug Sweden to get to LEGO World Oslo 2008 :)

First I was thinking of 1x1 round bricks with at thin tube inside, and tried a diffrent types of bricks. And just out of luck the first of those flexible axle fit at first try and it looked great, and filled the gap in the hinged walls nicely. (They are connected with small hinge plates).

I'm not a fan of the SNOT windows. I prefer them to be flush and the missing "cross" makes it appear like part of the window is hovering. I'd like to see the extra white plate added to complete the window and then build over that new height. I'd also like to see the wrap-around porch with a little more details. White columns and a white picket fence would match better, I think. Other than those two things, I think this is wonderful. It's nice to see a MOC from you. Excellent work! :classic:

I'm not a fan of SNOT'ing myself, and just because of that I want to explore and learn more about SNOT building technics. As you see here the windows are not perfect. The red column on one side of the window seems a bit strange, but it was either that or getting a double center. Is there any plates or bricks that are thinner than one tile? That would fit between the upper and lower part of the windows.

But this was the first attempt of this hous. Next version I think would be slighter larger. Normal windows (1x4x3 with two small 1x2x2 on top). The blue columns was just picked out of the bin just to have some columns there before I got a few pictures and went to bed :)

I don't have white round columns :( But the orginal has squared ones, so I'll go for that next. And offcourse a white picket fence.

-----------

Øyvind Steinnes

"Nothing is impossible, the impossible only takes longer time"

That´s a very original and distinct looking house MOC, pretty close to the real thing, a very interesting work indeed. :thumbup:

Perhaps if you could try to render that white line on the roof edges too it would add to the special charm of that neat building.... :classic:

Nice! Amazing achitechture, and an interesting subject at that. I have idea for the window gap: Use one of these and try to jam it in the gap... It is 4 wide, right? If it works, you're welcome :wink: . I think you do need to change those columns though.