Holodoc

A new post office

indexed.gif B-OM-5A

May I present my last months work:

A new post office!

pict0040.jpgpict0002.jpg

I wanted to build a really cool building with columns at the entrance. The lionheads was a "must-use", too.

So I finally came up with this post office, because I only own the columns in yellow. :blush:

If you say "Mmmmh, yellow and tan?", let me tell you that the whole building used to be tan before it was used as a post office.

For identification purposes it was painted yellow at the basement later on. :tongue:

Let´s have a closer look:

On the basement you´ll find two counters. One for stamps and letters, the other one for parcels and heavy freight.

pict0005.jpg

There are lockers and a small table to fix the stamps on the letters or even write the latest note.

The right window is used for advertising purposes.

pict0032.jpg

Outside at the front there are two post boxes for local and international letters. A stamp machine is added to the right of the building.

Currently some precious freight is handeld, but you still may enter the post office, just ignore the security officer. :wink:

pict0037.jpg

On the back of the building we see a post bike and a postman is just returning from his morning route.

Somebody left two parcels on the pushcart. It´s getting more and more difficult to find qualified personnel... :hmpf:

pict0033.jpg

My building is a real modular building - it can be added with the set 7731! tn_7731-1_jpg.jpg

The van then can be steered to the kind of "drive in loading" on the left of the building. There is a garage door that opens to the ceiling and closes if there is no mail van present.

pict0029.jpg

(For a better overview I took away the door)

Now let´s move on to the first floor.

I tried a new style here - there is no living area in this building! It´s just a temple of work. :devil:

pict0018.jpg

This is the place where all the letters are weighed, sorted, stamped and put to their outgoing folders.

pict0024.jpg

But there has to be some recreation. First a small espresso machine will help you keep your eyes open and if you've drunk too much, there is a closet in the back.

Look, the boss is taking another cup of coffee - again!

pict0021.jpg

pict0020.jpg

There are stairs leading to a second floor, but its all mess there. Old machines, lost letters :blush: and stuff like that.

You don´t want to see that. *makes jedi hand move* :grin:

The complete street so far: (Yes, I DO know there is the Green Grocer missing. I will take care of that in two weeks! :tongue: )

pict0042.jpg

pict0043.jpg

pict0044.jpg

Wait - I have seen that guy before... If only I could tell where...

All three parts of the building:

pict0015.jpg

The brickshelf folder.

Comments are welcome!

I have larger versions of the photos shown here but I didn´t want to waste precious web-space. If anyone is interested in larger versions or detailed cut-outs, let me know!

Fully detailed buildings ON! :sweet:

Wow! I really like this. :wub: The interior is absolutely perfect! I'm really impressed how much you fit in. I'm not so sure on the yellow/tan blend though. Oddly I have no interest in asking what's at the top floor... :wacko:

Well, since I´m a Toydarian an´ mindtricks donna work on me...

What´s in the top floor? :tongue:

Seriously, this is an excellent building! I really love it.

Seeing wonderful creations such as this really makes me want to go and buy some city sets, too. It blends so perfectly in with CC and MS. Looking forward to seeing the whole street including GG.

That's the best Lego toilet I've ever seen (ok it's the only one I've ever seen but it's still brilliant). I love the mail sorting area too, some brilliant touches on the interior, great stuff!

Wow, you've put in some exquisite details like the WC! :thumbup: I think it looks very good in combination with CC and MS. :wub: I don't care so much about the yellow and tan colour scheme. I don't find it looks bad. I mean in real life it has often been this way: a post office moved into the earth floor of a big house. Then yellow was also used for that floor since it is simply the colour the post uses. So why should the floor above it not be tan?

May I present my last months work:

A new post office!

pict0040.jpgpict0002.jpg

I wanted to build a really cool building with columns at the entrance. The lionheads was a "must-use", too.

So I finally came up with this post office, because I only own the columns in yellow. :blush:

If you say "Mmmmh, yellow and tan?", let me tell you that the whole building used to be tan before it was used as a post office.

For identification purposes it was painted yellow at the basement later on. :tongue:

Let´s have a closer look:

On the basement you´ll find two counters. One for stamps and letters, the other one for parcels and heavy freight.

pict0005.jpg

There are lockers and a small table to fix the stamps on the letters or even write the latest note.

The right window is used for advertising purposes.

pict0032.jpg

Outside at the front there are two post boxes for local and international letters. A stamp machine is added to the right of the building.

Currently some precious freight is handeld, but you still may enter the post office, just ignore the security officer. :wink:

pict0037.jpg

On the back of the building we see a post bike and a postman is just returning from his morning route.

Somebody left two parcels on the pushcart. It´s getting more and more difficult to find qualified personnel... :hmpf:

pict0033.jpg

My building is a real modular building - it can be added with the set 7731! tn_7731-1_jpg.jpg

The van then can be steered to the kind of "drive in loading" on the left of the building. There is a garage door that opens to the ceiling and closes if there is no mail van present.

pict0029.jpg

(For a better overview I took away the door)

Now let´s move on to the first floor.

I tried a new style here - there is no living area in this building! It´s just a temple of work. :devil:

pict0018.jpg

This is the place where all the letters are weighed, sorted, stamped and put to their outgoing folders.

pict0024.jpg

But there has to be some recreation. First a small espresso machine will help you keep your eyes open and if you've drunk too much, there is a closet in the back.

Look, the boss is taking another cup of coffee - again!

pict0021.jpg

pict0020.jpg

There are stairs leading to a second floor, but its all mess there. Old machines, lost letters :blush: and stuff like that.

You don´t want to see that. *makes jedi hand move* :grin:

The complete street so far: (Yes, I DO know there is the Green Grocer missing. I will take care of that in two weeks! :tongue: )

pict0042.jpg

pict0043.jpg

pict0044.jpg

Wait - I have seen that guy before... If only I could tell where...

All three parts of the building:

pict0015.jpg

The brickshelf folder.

Comments are welcome!

I have larger versions of the photos shown here but I didn´t want to waste precious web-space. If anyone is interested in larger versions or detailed cut-outs, let me know!

Fully detailed buildings ON! :sweet:

Great building, Holodoc! I really love all of the small details, such as the letter sorting on the second floor etc.

You are not the only one to take care of that in two weeks, lets hope they have more than one:wink:

You have seemed to spend more time detailing the upstairs loo than some people spend on their entire MOCs and shows. The details of the interior are amazing. Just to mention a few more things: the security camera in the laoding bay and the clock in the mail sorting room. Lots of great details.

I do have a few suggestions for the outside though. The top looks a little weak compared to the rest of it. I took a long and hard look at it to see what I was missing, and I think I've got it figured out. I see a drainpipe in the front, but the building doesn't have any gutters anywhere. Of course there are buildings where you don't see them, but in your case parts of there roof overhang the walls and in that case a gutter is in order. That's not just a practical thing; I think it'll look better.

The yellow and tan is fine. I know yellow is the colour used by the German mail and it works, somehow.

Cheers,

Ralph

Wow great work! :thumbup:

The interior, the exterior, all the litle details...marvelous! :cry_happy:

I also like the way you tell the story behind all the things going on, almost makes me think you work at the post office :tongue:

I'm impressed you get in so much detail in such limited space and still it doesn't look overstuffed. Very well done.

It looks very good I must say, the interior detail is very good, though I've never seen two members of staff at my local post office! The sorting office counter is well made, I wouldn't have thought of using that piece for scales. It’s also always good when someone remembers the ever important call of nature! The only reservation I have is like Sinner with the tan/yellow combination it just seems to clash too me.

I don´t think it clashes. As someone mentioned before, these things happen. You take an ordinary building and move a post office inside, the building gets painted yellow. At least where the post office itself is located :sweet:

What a great MOC.... that´s for sure the most detailed and accurate post office I´ve ever seen rendered in LEGO bricks! :thumbup:

A plain wonderful facade with a lot of fine and realistic details on front and backside as well. The interior´s functional and

very detailed too, you managed to accomplish an actual environment without making it look overcrowd, simply brilliant!

The color scheme´s also marvelous and fits well to your layout. The only thing I miss a little´s a heli pad for your neat roof....

Not because it would add to the astounding amount of realism of your sheer amazing building, just because for the opposite

effect.... your post office looks almost too good to be true.... :laugh:

Very nice building indeed. Makes me want to build a modular building to add on to my street (of buildings already mentioned)

The story was a nice touch, and added some atmosphere to the building. Great details inside as well!

Thank you all very much for your replies. :wub:

I´ve updated the brickshelf folder when I realized the roof was a bit underrepresented.

pict0001.jpg

Well, since I´m a Toydarian an´ mindtricks donna work on me...

What´s in the top floor? :tongue:

Darn - a Toydarian! I should have known. :hmpf:

Here you go:

pict0011.jpg

There is simply - nothing! :tongue: It´s just the roof. :laugh:

Seeing wonderful creations such as this really makes me want to go and buy some city sets, too.

It's never too late my friend!

First I did not want to mention it, but for all you nice guys replying here's some kind of an easter egg:

When I was posting pic0040.jpg, that's the first pic you see in this topic, I noticed I had placed two analog clocks.

One right above the front door and the other one on the wall of the first floor. This was the only photo where you can see both at once.

The problem was: Both clocks didn´t show the same time! :blush:

So I photoshopped one of them. If you find out which clock I changed, you will win - err, nothing.

But I will call you a smart guy! :wink:

Holodoc, your post office is superb! :blush: This is what I called a real post office. Seriously, TLC should consider making something similar and merge it with the postal theme along with postal van and mail plane.

The post office is filled with so much amazing details. The outer look is done with a mixture of vintage and modern look. The yellow bricks actually is able to complement the tan bricks pretty well. The interior are filled with wonderful things such as counters and workstations. You have taken most of the details that what a real post office offer. What impress me the most, is the garage at the back of the building. Best of all, the mail van is able to fit in very nicely. I am sure you have taken its height as your design consideration too. :wink:

It's a great MOC, for sure, great detail, how does the car get back there tough? Some alley?

First I did not want to mention it, but for all you nice guys replying here's some kind of an easter egg:

When I was posting pic0040.jpg, that's the first pic you see in this topic, I noticed I had placed two analog clocks.

One right above the front door and the other one on the wall of the first floor. This was the only photo where you can see both at once.

The problem was: Both clocks didn´t show the same time! :blush:

So I photoshopped one of them. If you find out which clock I changed, you will win - err, nothing.

But I will call you a smart guy! :wink:

The one on the top floor.

Stauder.

The one on the top floor.

OK, you´re a smart guy! :thumbup:

:laugh:

That's an excellent MOC, Holodoc! :thumbup:

I really :wub: :wub: :wub: that!

Despite form that I presonally dislike CC styled buildings this post office is absolutely amazing because it has such a nice and well designed front, the interior is awesome and there are so many nice details and additional stuff :oh: !

Very, very well done :thumbup: !

Klaus-Dieter

Impressive Post Office!! How did you source that many bricks for the project? Do you know how many bricks it is? Looks almost twice the size of CC! I can imagine LEGO charging a small fortune for something that detailed :)

Very, very well done :thumbup: !

Thank you K-D!

Especially for you the following might be interesting:

I forgot to mention I'm

displaying the building at the Lego Shop in Oberhausen

(Centro) from the 2nd of June for about 1 month. I take part in the "Window into the Community"-program.

Impressive Post Office!! How did you source that many bricks for the project? Do you know how many bricks it is? Looks almost twice the size of CC! I can imagine LEGO charging a small fortune for something that detailed :)

I haven't counted the bricks, but your impression misleads you.

Have a look at the first photo on this page: It's smaller than the CafeCorner! :look:

But you would have to pay a fortune anyways. The interior makes the piece count go high.

But if you're willing to rebuilt it: Buy one 4954 tn_4954-1_jpg.jpg and two 4996 tn_4996-1_jpg.jpg and you're 75% there. :wink:

Thank you K-D!

Especially for you the following might be interesting:

I forgot to mention I'm

displaying the building at the Lego Shop in Oberhausen

(Centro) from the 2nd of June for about 1 month. I take part in the "Window into the Community"-program.

Thank you very much for that information, Holodoc! :classic:

I'll write you a PM.

Klaus-Dieter

Damn. Just when you move from NRW to Bavaria, something cool is going on in Oberhausen :(