Sign in to follow this  
Oky

LEGO AGENTS - Mission 1: Jetpack Pursuit

Hi y'all! Guess what happened today? When walked into my Toys 'R' Us in Fullerton, CA, just to buy a simple Tiny Turbo racer, what do I see? All the Agents sets sitting on the shelf, ready for the taking! :cry_happy: I didn't have too much money with me, so I just got 2 of 8631 Mission 1: Jetpack Pursuit! It's a really cool little set, so I thought I'd review this puppy for you! :wink: I shall proceed in the order of the instructions. So, let's get started!

2500767464_33eab327ac_b.jpg

The Minifigs

Let's begin with the minifigs, Saw Fist and Agent Chase! They are really cool, some of the coolest minifigs I have seen in a while! :wub:

I took off Saw Fist's wig & chainsaw so you can see his head and cybernetic arm better! :wink:

2500767604_20bcf29c0a_b.jpg

Here is a back view of Saw Fist, and - SURPRISE! *oh2* Agent Chase has a double sided head! :oh: One side with his cool "mission face" with sunglasses and headset, and one with his casual Bruce Wayne type face :grin: (note, though, that it is not really the Bruce Wayne face). His wig, btw, is Mutt's hairpiece in black! Very neat!

Poor Saw Fist seems to be forced to always drag his chainsaw around for it is way too long to just hang down from his shoulder like a normal arm. :sad:

2500767630_6a0d6628fb_b.jpg

The Snowmobile

Next up, we have the snowmobile, a sleek little vehicle with only minor design flaws!

2500767486_47d6e5d0da_b.jpg

The container with the jewel is attached to the vehicle by a single stud, so it doesn't fall off, but is easy to pick up!

2500767528_1e3e81613c_b.jpg

In the pic below you can see the only two tiny design flaws: Thanks to the exhaust pipes, the laser cannon (or whatever it's supposed to be) can't be lowered any further than this. :hmpf_bad:

Also, the corners of that slope-ish piece that the handle bar rests on are sticking out a little at the sides. :sceptic:

2500767566_90448df680_b.jpg

Other than that, it's pretty well done! :thumbup:

The Jetpack

Finally, there is the Jetpack! IMO, a name like Autogyro-pack or something would make more sense, but whatever. :sadnew:

2499977667_b20f377f8b_b.jpg

Although a little bulky, the Jetpack is very well designed!

2499977675_2c4934c96f_b.jpg

The rotor can be tilted back, and at the lower back of the Jetpack, there is hook with which you can grab the container with the jewel from the snowmobile.

2499977685_393eea85c9_b.jpg

What I like best about the Jetpack is that although it is attached to the minifig in kinda the same way as that of the Riddler, this one doesn't rotate around. So, the Agent is being held in place steadily! :classic:

2499977691_324cdeb2c0_b.jpg

"See ya later, chainsaw-cyborg-dude!"

2499977703_5d10284dcf_b.jpg

Stickers

This set comes with a surprisingly large sticker sheet. :sceptic: The reason is that half of it are extra stickers! :oh: There are two large Agents logos and one Inferno logo - perfect for Agents MOCs! :sweet: There are also a star and a small, round sticker portraying the number of the mission. :look:

2499977707_ba3a193586_o.jpg

The star seems to be part of some kind of game where you collect the stars from all sets on an Agents ID that you get from the Mission 5 set. I don't know, though, if you get any gain from this except for becoming a full-status Lego Agent! :tongue:

2500424425_898ab2b7f6_b.jpg

Below, you can find the list of parts from this set! Click here for a better quality pic!

2500424421_9758aee74e_b.jpg

That's pretty much it! :wink:

I hope you liked this review and will run straight to your next toy store to get one or more of this set! :grin: This was my very first set review!

So any questions, comments, or requests? Any more pics you want me to take? Would you like me to exchange the chainsaw with something else, or do you want me to try the Agent's new hairpiece out on another fig? If so, just tell me! :thumbup:

See ya!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thanks for the excellent review Oky! Judging by this set, the line is going to be promising. I really like the figs and I'm glad to see that robot arm is actually a new arm mold. Awesome!! Can a minifig hand fit in the end or just the chainsaw attachment? Could it fit an Exo-Force robot claw? There's a lot of detail in the torsos and I like that the Agent's suit is like a moto-cross uniform. I love that the snowmobile has a working tread. Copmike, Ras and I tried to build a snowmobile with working treads, but we ended up using chainsaw blades in the end.

Great work Oky! :sweet::thumbup:

That's a great review for your first one. I think the jet pack if far to bulky it could do with some minimising but that’s life. I assume that you can’t fit a standard hand in the chainsaw arms are the hole would be to large but would you be so good as to confirm this for me? Overall I quite like the jet ski and the ability to lower the arms to much doesn’t both me. How much was it just so I can get an idea of the price?

Finally thanks for posting this review so quickly.

This is MUCH MUCH MUCH more promising than the 2008 Batman set for $10.00. The vehicle looks like someone took time to design it, but the Batman one looks like :cry_sad: . Lego dear Lego, where is the quality for Batman??!?! I really like the new cyborg arm, and the propellers on that thing : ), it is a really promising line although I would get rid of all those bionicle pieces.

Thanks for the great review Oky Wan :wub:

The two vehicles look quite nice for a small set and the minifigs look great! The two sided head is nice, although it would've been nice if it was a new head rather than the standard frowning face. The cyborg looks good, nice and cartoony, I like the printing on his back. The belt on the hips should be useful, not to mention the robotic hand. I assume that anything that fits into a 1x1x1 cylinder can fit in it? I hope so :sweet:

Thanks again Oky. Any chance you can get any more sets? :sweet::blush:

Thanks for the review.

I'm looking forward to some of the new parts and ideas in this line. The figures look great.

The actual sets themselves don't really appeal though.

This set looks wicked! Thanks very much for the sweet review Oky Wan! The pics are perfect, great quality and the perfect size, well done! This sets got everything, a new hairpiece, tank treads, a gem, well, I could go on but you can all see everything from the great pics. Thanks again Oky! This is one set I'll definately be getting! :sweet:

~Peace

Huhm .. i like the idea of the agent-ID .. but offcourse all they want with that is that you buy all six sets .. but it can be a good idea for children, they wouldn't think of "hey they get all money only because i have a little card with stars" or something. Well, not to rant, i think it's good. Also, can you make that name yourself? maybe set 5 comes with a extra stickersheed with all letters, that would be nice "Agent Rupee" :tongue: A very nice review Oky Wan Kenobi.

=Rupee

Thanks, guys! :blush: I really tried to make it a good first review! :grin:

Now to answer your questions:

The robot arm can fit EF robot claws and anything that a minifig can hold in his hand or that would fit into a 1x1x1 cylinder, so normal minifig hands are too small to fit. TLG is using the robot claw idea for the main villain of the Agents line! :sweet:

2277064732_69273213e7_b.jpg

Do you still want me to try it out and take pics? :classic:

The price was 10.99 USD at the TRU I bought it at. I bet it'ss be a dollar less on S@H! :hmpf_bad:

And I'm sorry, but I probably won't get any more sets any time soon. :cry_sad: I have to save my money for all the other good set that are to come. :hmpf: But if I would get another set, it would just be the one with the helicopter and the all-silver car! :wub: If anyone gets this set, can he/she PLEASE review it? :cry_happy: Thanks!

Any other questions I can answer for you guys?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Oky Wan, thanks for this wonderful review! I really have mixed feelings towards Agents set. Haha, but I love the Agent mini-figure. The double-sided face is great and I love the sunglass look. It's nice that they made use of Mutt's hairpiece which is personally my fave hairpiece at the moment :sweet: The jet-pack is neat. Making use of the additional secure backing onto the mini-fig is really very smart.

Nice first review Oky Wan :thumbup:!

I´d say this is better than we first thought. The minifigs looks cool and the overall look is ok. And the excaustpipe is a new peace also I think?

Agents On

copmike

I kind of like the set. As said it has a very cartoonish style to it so I'm guessing the kids are going to love it. And as a parent I'll love it if the construction isn't to fragile. ;)

I'll probably be getting a few for myself but only as parts pack.

And the excaustpipe is a new peace also I think?

Yeah and it's all over this years releases. From what I've seen so far it's found in: racers, Speed Racers, Mars Mission and Exo-Force sets. I just wish that instead of a 2x1 plate with an exhaustpipe in each end they would have made it an 1x1 plate with a single exhaust. That would have been a lot more useful.

OMG OMG OMG.

Im coming to the US in just under two weeks, really hope I see them somewhere!

Does anyone know what NY Times Square Toys R Us is like for new sets?

Is there any chance u could post pics of the comic and the box i love legos box art and instruction art?

I love the way the bad guy has a special attachment on the jewel case JUST to allow the Agent to grab it with his hook. It's like the two of them sat down beforehand and drew up the plans for the vehicle together...

CYBORG: "OK, and then I'll make my getaway in the special snowmobile and you can follow me..."

AGENT: "...And I'll scoop up the jewel and return it to foil your plan".

CYBORG: "Perfect. See you Tuesday?"

Dr. S.

Good review! Thanks Oky Wan.

Hmm, although I really like the villain (not just the new arm, I think the color is very... villanous, as all Bond-villains with class have minions in uniforms. It's even possible to fill out their numbers with Exo-force grunts of the same color) I'm not that hot for the agent himself, his uniform... nah. It doesn't even look like clothes, just give the man a suit or some nifty leather.

I think I'll try to grab some sets from the agents line just for the new parts (to begin with... MOCs may follow, who knows?) when they are available in stores here in Sweden. Haven't seen them yet, though Indiana Jones just got here so there might be some further waiting for me.

Now I want to see reviews of the other sets :)

Thanks for a very good review! Agent line seems better all the time... Looking forward in seeing review on Mission 2 Gold Chase (and new pictures of the jet) really soon!

Hmm, interesting set. Great review! I might pick this one up for the wonderful parts.

~VBBN~

What a lovely set, thanks for that fine review, Oky Wan Kenobi! :thumbup:

The MFs´re wonderful, that helipack looks solid and well done and I especially like the slightly asymmetrical design

of the neat snowmobile. A very playable little set for sure, and the most interesting part´s for sure that new cool MF arm.... :sweet:

They are already on the shelfs? That's kinda weird, since there aren't even the instructions online yet :sceptic:

Yay, Oky Wan!

Wow, the Agents line is looking good so far. The jetpack is pretty nice, and the minifigs... :wub:

My dad was in Portland just yesterday, and If I'd have called an hour sooner, he might have been able to get to the TRU... :cry_sad:

Thanks for the great review Oky Wan! :thumbup:

At first I didn't think I liked the Agents sets but the more I see them the better I think they look. I will definitely pick up 1 or 2 of the sets.

I really like the jet pack, and the figs look great. That double face is very nice. TLG should make more figs with these faces in my opinion.

Great review!Thank youvery much! I think this line is much more promising than most orginally thought it would be. I'm onmy way to see ifican find the big rig right now!

Thank you for the nice review. It has some big pieces I don't like, but the minifigs are good.

WOW lovin this set I think I will get all the agents sets if they are as good as this. The snowmobile canon isnt to mush of a problemo because the agent guy is flying and the canons pointing up. Thanks for the review!!!