SirNadroj

Anything Goes (Temple of Doom Intro)

theaterindex.gif

To start, please excuse the terrible photography. I haven't mastered wihte-on-white yet. I'd rather deal with a bath-towel background than washed-out photos. ;)

Willies Scotts' song from the opening of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom:

1-73.jpg

2-68.jpg

3-60.jpg

Thanks. =-)

Ha! I am working on that same scene for my LEGO Indy Temple of Doom movie!!! The dragon head is a masterpiece!!! But with the Willie figure, I suggest Mary Jane's body from SpiderMan, dark red pants, fleshie arms, Marion Ravenwood's head, and Juno Eclipse's hair. Funny, in the Lego Indy video game, Willie has Marion's head, and Marion has some other head. I am trying to make all of my minifigures as close to the figs in the video game as possible.

P.S: I saw Speed racer. :sick:

That is a sweet little scene SirNadroj, I love the design of the dragon head! :wub: Some very clever uses of parts as usual, and the custom minifig looks great! :thumbup:

Very nice! I'm just glad she doesn't sing...

Its nice that we can fast-forward through that intro.

Aww, I liked the intro!

Umm, if I were to do this, I'd base it more on the game itself. I'd say any red dress would do, but Trixie's outfit would more suit the dancers with her. Take a look at the screenshots; you can see them. It looks pretty durned close to it.

But still, it looks great! And I'd suggest getting any yellow hair if you can, preferably a yellow ponytail, and Marion's head, as well as a red dress and red legs. :sweet:

That is pretty cool! I just noticed the rebel helmets as the eyes and had to comment! Keep up the good work! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by darthperson8

Very smartly done! :sweet: Now build the rest! :tongue:

:laugh:

I think if LEGO made a Temple of Doom set, this would clearly be the first one they chose. :tongue:

Excellent and clever as always, buddy! :sweet::thumbup:

Brilliant use of those Rebel helmets as dragon eyeballs. I have those same pieces used in a WIP that is going to take me a while to finish. I hope I get it completed before someone else comes up with the same technique :cry_sad:

Dragon is great. Good job here!

Though, I don't think Willie Scot is winning me over here, but for a purist version, its fine :thumbup: !

Very nice! I can't wait to see your Mola Ram minifig. :sweet:

EDIT: Just noticed the use of Rebel Soldier helmets. Very cool!

Edited by Flatfoot Thompsen

Very interesting! that dragon is very clever, especially with the rebel helmets and mini biocles tail thingies! :thumbup::tongue:

Wow nice head thing. The towel doesn't look that bad actually. plus I love the robots in your sig :tongue:

VERY nice work, Sir N. It might be a stupid question cause I never took notice if your minifigs were, but is this one customized? Never seen any parts like these. And if it is, how did you do it, and first of all (cheers so far): did you ever thought about selling them? :classic:

VERY nice work, Sir N. It might be a stupid question cause I never took notice if your minifigs were, but is this one customized? Never seen any parts like these. And if it is, how did you do it, and first of all (cheers so far): did you ever thought about selling them? :classic:

I'm afraid it isn't customized. Well, it's a purist custom, if ya follow me. :wink:

The torso and legs are Trixie's from the new Speed Racer theme, and the head and hair are Juno Eclipse's from the Rogue Shadow. :wink: The hands were custom inserted.

I'm afraid it isn't customized. Well, it's a purist custom, if ya follow me. :wink:

The torso and legs are Trixie's from the new Speed Racer theme, and the head and hair are Juno Eclipse's from the Rogue Shadow. :wink: The hands were custom inserted.

I am purist and was wondering.. :classic: (noticed Juno but didn't know the rest) I was searching on BL for these but they are so new that no one had them I guess. And I really didn't like the speedracer at all :thumbdown: so I didn't take notice of the minifigs.. sorry! and thanks trooper!

Cool!

This is a really good recreation of one of my favorite indy scenes. (don't ask me why :tongue: )

The dragon head is a masterpiece.

Dr. Brick

Really great creation, I particularly enjoy the all-white dragon head. (Though I believe the moving cloth was in its nose, not in tis eyes :tongue: )

I would like to suggest however the use of this http://peeron.com/inv/parts/973px154 torso?

Seems a bit more chinese doesn't it?

But, your MOC is just fine as it is. :thumbup:

Ditto. And to make matters worse, her attack in Lego Indy the Video Game is screaming.