Sign in to follow this  
brickbitz

Review: 7888 Batman - The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise

Nice review--I'm surprised these are out already. I'll probably end up passing on this one. Even with the surprise. :)

The Batman minifig have a detailed and cool torso. Thanks for the review brickbitz.

Edited by darkrebellion

That is a very nice and quick review! Thanks for giving us a quick summary. :classic:

Not much comments on this set, as I do not really go into Batman theme yet. However, the ice cream truck in the set interest me. Apart from that, nothing much yet. Who knows, maybe I will change my mind in the future. :tongue:

Nice review, brickbitz. :thumbup:

I actually think this kit is really very nice for the size. True, you only get three figures, but it seems that's a norm in most batman sets. Besides, everything else is great. The tumbler looks like an amazing build - they really nailed this tank of a ride. :thumbup:

And the Ice cream truck... :wub: Plus, this set does seem to have some neat pieces in it (trans green popsicles and lime hubcaps, anyone?). I think this far beats the rest of the batman lineup this year, which seems quite disapointing overall. :sadnew:

Edited by Grevious

Great review, as always! Although I know you don't take many pictures in your reviews(IMHO, :thumbdown: ) but can we see a little more about the Tumbler? Is that little windshield down near the bottom front a third seat? What is in the framework of the back, behind the cockpit? I know there's a blunt shooter and flick fire missiles, but is it all framework? :cry_sad:

Although I know you don't take many pictures in your reviews(IMHO, :thumbdown: ) but can we see a little more about the Tumbler?

I'll get some set up tomorrow in better light. To be honest there isn't a lot to see, most of it is just basic technic blocks underneath with all the slopes built up on top.

Thanks a lot for the review brickbitz. I really love this set, sure the figs are annoyingly not new, but the ice cream truck is fantastic and the Tumbler is a marvel of black slopes. I see now that it is far too huge though, I reckon I will either keep it that way as a "mega tumbler", mod it to become another Battank, keep it as a model Tumbler, or pull it apart and use the bits to make a Tumbler like Wetwire's awesome one. Love those popsicles though, and those wheels are very nice, so overall as a loyal Batfan I love the set, even though it could've been better.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Nice review I really can't believe that it is out already! I love that new Batman suit and the tumbler have they made the posicles before? This is sure a must have!

A nice review of an interesting set, thanks brickbitz. :thumbup:

A great new Batman, a funny ice cream truck and a pretty detailed Tumbler. And although I wish that vehicle would be just a bit smaller

I almost wonder that it´s not even bigger, compared to TLC´s other Batvehicles.... :tongue: And well, the interior could be better too....

I'll get some set up tomorrow in better light. To be honest there isn't a lot to see, most of it is just basic technic blocks underneath with all the slopes built up on top.

Some more pics of the tumbler.

PICT0826.jpg

PICT0832.jpg

PICT0828.jpg

PICT0830.jpg

PICT0831.jpg

PICT0833.jpg

:devil: The Tumbler is massive!

I'll struggle to fit it into the Cave, but never mind. The figs are nice, the Tumbler is pretty accurate (or at least, it will be after I've MODed it), and Joker's tainted ice cream van is so very Joker.

Thanks for the review, btw.

Hey brickbitz, I love how your review is not biased 10 :thumbup: ups. In the end, you said, "Overall slightly disappointing." Most people post reviews only with praise, but I'm glad you take both sides :classic: . Enjoyed the review just like others have, thanks so much :sweet::thumbup: