Sign in to follow this  
Jipay

My 14 years old boy MOC

We had a long long (long) discussion on the fbtb board with Apophys about a 13 years old boy that tried to create something but who was critiscized very hard by the old big wigs of the forum (including ACE).

First I would to say fbtb disappointed me really really much on this topic. I don't think they will find the old fbtb forum with reactions like this.

Well anyway, Apo and I thought about how we used to built when we were younger. I had no idea until I found pics of an F14 tomcat I tried to build when I was 14. The wings were moving (like on the real plane) and the landing gear were retractible.

f14.jpg

f142.jpg

f143.jpg

not bad, not bad!!! it's butt seems to be a little bit... erm.... fat...(or is this normal? i'm not into military stuff...) and the top is very plain, but the details of the rest of it (e.g. the guns/rockets/weapon thing [it doesn't have any laser weapon, right? ;)] at the wings' ends and the details you see at the last picture) is really nice (above all if you consider its a 14yo-boy's work!!!)

and that this wheels really are retractable - wow! i'm really bad in building non-static things, so i am really impressed...

oh, and another thing: nice to see some of your mocs, jipay!!! :D

Nice work Jipay, good to see your work from when you were only 14.

The plane looks quite cool and you used the parts well. I like the idead of retractable wheels, it adds alot more "playability" to the model. Does the cockpit open? as it looks like it is on a hinge. The nose reminds me a bit of a birds beak but it is very good.

I would love to see more work, especially work from when you were younger.

Jon.

yes the cockpit open and you can put 2 minifigs in it (as in the "real thing")

Yes the landing gear are really rectractible with a small mechanism I created.

If you are interrested in it I can post some pics because it's really dumb to create and it works really efficiently ;)

You suprise jonfett, I'm 13 and watch my pics!!!

My Brickshelf gallery

Actually it is Jipays moc from when he was younger, not mine.

And be patient, just because nobody has replied to your message yet it doesn't mean we won't. Give people time to post.

Jon.