Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

A poll to help the poll

A poll to help the poll  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Mon Calamari Cruiser as whole or only as a base?

• Mon Calamari Cruiser similar to the minifig scaled Imperial Star Destroyer
    • Mon Calamari Cruiser similar to the Hoth Rebel Base

Since there is a lot of confusion about whether the Mon Calamari Cruiser would be a whole ship (like the minifig scaled ISD) with a hangar with an A-Wing and a control room or only some sort of "base" (like the Hoth Rebel Base) with a hangar with an A-Wing and a control room in "A poll to decide a star wars set for february 2009, It will be a Toysrus Exclusive" I decided to open a poll for which you'd prefer.

Thanks for yours votes and comments are welcome of course, too! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

EDIT: I voted for the MCC as a whole ship because that would be absolutely :wub: and because the minifig scaled ISD was awesome but needs something to fight against.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Well i think with the budget Lego has outlayed i think it might be the whole ship, but who knows.

Personally i voted for the arrest of palpatine. :sceptic:

Definitely the whole ship, that would be awesome. :wub:

I would love to have those minifigs, that's why I want them to make this set so much. :sweet: But Palpatine's Arrest would be really cool as well. Oh the agony of deciding... :sing:

I'd prefer the ship, but it seems like LEGO is going to give us a control room and hangar, not the entire ship. A lot of people are going to be disappointed because they're assuming it's going to be like the Republic Cruiser.

I want the base because my Star Destroyer was fragile and not fun to play with. I took it apart. The Echo Base still stands with additions though. I don't think that LEGO could make it as a ship anyways; Home One is too curvy. I hope that they suprise me though.

Edited by filefolders

Both sets would suck compared to the real thing, but I think that as a ship it would have better peaces, so my vote goes there.

While I would seroiusly love it to be like the ISD, they only said that it would include a control center and an A-Wing, so don't get your hopes up like everyone did over the Hoth Base (myself included).

Come on guy's, is this really a poll? :hmpf_bad: I mean, sweet Star Destroyer :grin: Size or cheese Hoth door :wacko: style? (Not to offend those who didn't get their Hoth last time, but really, you guys are getting it for the figs :blush: right?) A door, and not even a good one at that. If this is a choice, we would all be collectively insane not to take a Minfig style whole ship. (Also, not wishing to offend those individuals whom believe they are insane, in character or out...) I doubt we will get a ship either. But, if this is more a petition to get Lego to make it a ship, it will have allot more bearing. BTW, no doubt I am sure you are all wondering how I cast my vote... Well, voting is a private affair, and.... :devil:

Thanks to Oki Wan for pointing out my spelling error... I have dispatched a garrison of 501st Troopers to... make sure he does sweat! :pir-wink:

Edited by Palin Jax

I don't see how there could be any doubt that this set is not like the ISD or Republic Cruiser as it clearly states in the description of the choice what is included in the set:

Cruiser Control Room and Hangar with A-wing

But since this is a thread about opinions rather than facts, here is what I think: It should be this way. :sadnew: Why? A couple of reasons:

Price - A whole cruiser would surely cost more than just a room, the usual small hangar stuff, and a starfighter that is only worth about $15 itself. Also, I hate the fact that all the good figs are usually in the most expensive sets! :hmpf_bad: It wouldn't cost as much to get an Ackbar this way.

Accuracy - Let's face it: Except for the control room and the hangar we don't know anything about the interior of this cruiser! So, I would rather have TLC concentrate on a detailed and proportionally correct version of these two parts of the ship than a nice looking exterior of the whole thing with tiny versions of them crammed in it and some made-up other parts of the interior (like in the Republic Cruiser :hmpf: ).

Parts - What kind of parts would the whole cruiser have? Grey plates patched on a Technic construction and some grey greebs. :thumbdown:

What kind of parts would a control room and an A-Wing have? All the cool, differently colored parts you can expect to find in such a place/vehicle! :thumbup:

I think that we can use monitors, furniture, windows, hinges, etc. much better for our MOCs than grey plates and Technic parts! :wink:

Swooshability - I don't know if this is an official term, but I know this: A complete model of the Mon Calamari Cruiser would be much harder to swoosh than an A-Wing, possibly harder than the Republic Cruiser even! :sceptic:

Opportunity - Getting a new minifig-sized A-Wing would mean quite an opportunity for us! Those who missed out on the last one would have the chance to catch up, and those who already have one or more of them and would be getting this set just for the Ackbar fig could expand their armada! A-Wing armies ON! :grin:

There you have it! Of course, a complete cruiser would have its benefits, too, but this would make more sense to me!

Btw, if we don't get the whole cruiser (or no Calamari set at all), then the chances are even higher that we will get something even better soon: A UCS Mon Calamari Cruiser! :sweet:

Come on guy's, is this really a poll? :hmpf_bad: I mean, sweat Star Destroyer :grin: Size or cheese Hoth door :wacko: style?

:look: Hm... I think I prefer cheese over sweat! :grin:

But honestly, I don't even care about any of this as Choice 1 is absolutely the way to go for me! :wub:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I'd like a whole ship, but that probably would've been mentioned in the description. :tongue:

Not sure how a whole ship would work, either- All those weird lumps and roundness of the ship make it really hard to build.

Btw, if we don't get the whole cruiser (or no Calamari set at all), then the chances are even higher that we will get something even better soon: A UCS Mon Calamari Cruiser! :sweet:

I must disagree with you, Oky Wan Kenobi!

A MCC as an UCs version would be only nice for collectors but otherwise it would be :sick: because it wouldn't include any new minifigs, no playability and no nice interior :thumbdown: and it would be very, very expensive!

(I'm really no friend of UCS sets how you perhaps noticed :laugh: !)

I'd like a whole ship, but that probably would've been mentioned in the description. :tongue:

The description is - in my opinion ambiguous :sceptic: since it could mean that the whole set consists of only a hangar with an A-Wing and a contorl room or it could mean that the Mon Calamari Cruiser includes all these things.

I mean: There was/is much place in the minifig scaled ISD. If the MCC would be similar to that then there would be emough place to include a little hangar with an A-Wing downstairs and a little control room upstairs :wink: . Of course then the set would either be more than 150 Euros or it would contain less minifigures since they are the most costly parts of the sets how I understodd it. But what other minifigs than Ackbar, Mon Mothma, an A-Wing pilot and a Rebel Worker do we have to expect :wink: ?!

If TLG doesn't release it as a whole ship I hope they will in the following years becuase it is a must!

In any case if TLG doesn't give us the MCC as a whole ship next year I bet that we'll get the RBR as a to the minifig scaled ISD similar ship since 10 years LEGO SW has to be celebrated with a big OT vehicle :wink: !

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I don't see how there could be any doubt that this set is not like the ISD or Republic Cruiser as it clearly states in the description of the choice what is included in the set:

But since this is a thread about opinions rather than facts, here is what I think: It should be this way. :sadnew: Why? A couple of reasons:

Price - A whole cruiser would surely cost more than just a room, the usual small hangar stuff, and a starfighter that is only worth about $15 itself. Also, I hate the fact that all the good figs are usually in the most expensive sets! :hmpf_bad: It wouldn't cost as much to get an Ackbar this way.

Accuracy - Let's face it: Except for the control room and the hangar we don't know anything about the interior of this cruiser! So, I would rather have TLC concentrate on a detailed and proportionally correct version of these two parts of the ship than a nice looking exterior of the whole thing with tiny versions of them crammed in it and some made-up other parts of the interior (like in the Republic Cruiser :hmpf: ).

Parts - What kind of parts would the whole cruiser have? Grey plates patched on a Technic construction and some grey greebs. :thumbdown:

What kind of parts would a control room and an A-Wing have? All the cool, differently colored parts you can expect to find in such a place/vehicle! :thumbup:

I think that we can use monitors, furniture, windows, hinges, etc. much better for our MOCs than grey plates and Technic parts! :wink:

Swooshability - I don't know if this is an official term, but I know this: A complete model of the Mon Calamari Cruiser would be much harder to swoosh than an A-Wing, possibly harder than the Republic Cruiser even! :sceptic:

Opportunity - Getting a new minifig-sized A-Wing would mean quite an opportunity for us! Those who missed out on the last one would have the chance to catch up, and those who already have one or more of them and would be getting this set just for the Ackbar fig could expand their armada! A-Wing armies ON! :grin:

Agree with all of this ^

I'd rather have a Tantive VI

I think you should of worded choice number two's description something like this, "Mon Calamari set with just the Hangar and Observation Deck potion of the ship.", this way the poll would

not be so one sided. :classic: Worded as it is, of course I voted for choice number one.

On another note, TLG already specificly said that they're going to give us only the Hangar and Observation Deck portion of the ship, so this pol probably won't affect the actual set. :classic:

-Tarfful

EDIT: Took out about 80% of my post due to my realizing how foolish I was. :blush:

Edited by Tarfful

I'm sorry, Tarfful, but I will have to disagree with you. :sadnew: Although you are right by saying that we already know what kind of set this will be and that choice 2 might be a little misleading, I think that we all know what choice 2 really means and that you are kinda wrong about your view of this poll IMO: it's not a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" kind of thing, but more like a opinion, dreams, and wishes kinda thing. :wink: Therefore, I think there is a point to this poll: to see what kind of MCC set people would prefer! :classic:

Agree with all of this ^

I'd rather have a Tantive VI

Thanks! And yeah, a Tantive would be good (if it would have a better interior than the Republic Cruiser :hmpf_bad: ), especially if it's the one from EP III that includes minifigs like Yoda, Obi Wan, and... Bail Organa! :cry_happy: Maybe even with Raymus Antilles and pilot Jeremoch Colton! :sweet:

That would be great!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I'm sorry, Tarfful, but I will have to disagree with you. :sadnew: Although you are right by saying that we already know what kind of set this will be and that choice 2 might be a little misleading, I think that we all know what choice 2 really means and that you are kinda wrong about your view of this poll IMO: it's not a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" kind of thing, but more like a opinion, dreams, and wishes kinda thing. :wink: Therefore, I think there is a point to this poll: to see what kind of MCC set people would prefer! :classic:

Thanks, Oky Wan Kenobi! :sweet:

Thanks! And yeah, a Tantive would be good (if it would have a better interior than the Republic Cruiser :hmpf_bad: ), especially if it's the one from EP III that includes minifigs like Yoda, Obi Wan, and... Bail Organa! :cry_happy: Maybe even with Raymus Antilles and pilot Jeremoch Colton! :sweet:

That would be great!

Yes, a Tantive 4 would be absolutely :wub: !

I would in contrast prefer it to be an episode 4 set with Lieutenant Prello Scrambas :wub: , a Rebel Captain, Princess Leia :wub: , C-3PO, R2-D2, two Stormies, Vader and a black Imperial Officer :wub: .

But of course it should come with a nice and very well designed interior (and not like in the RC :sick: which didn't include any real interior :thumbdown: )!

Like already mentioned I bet that we'll get a Tantive 4 next year since there has to be a big OT vehicle for the 10th anniversary of Lego SW - and which hasn't be released until now and is one of the most popular and important vehicles - the Tantive 4 :wink: !

Klaus-Dieter

While the poll choices are a little unfair and slightly misleading I have come to realize, with the help of Oky wan Kenobi, that this is indeed not a useless poll.

I thought this poll served a different purpose other then it's true purpose, that more then anything was the fuel behind my outrage.

I have now seen the light, as it were, and have come to see that I was making a mighty fine megablocks out of myself in the process of typing my original post. :blush:

I will take my own advise and lighten up, and try to figure out the purpose of a topic or poll before I post my opinion in the future. :sweet:

I apologize for any illwill and or hurt feelings. :blush:

That would be great!

Once again Oky thanks for helping me to see the light.

On another note, a Tantive IV in 2009 would most definitely rock! :sweet:

I'd like to see a version with interchangable parts for the Ep. III (Blue) version and the Ep. IV (Red) version. Not to mention the figs from both versions in one set, now that would be a set worthy of the Lego Star Wars 10th Anniversary set title.

-Tarfful

EDIT: Spelling and grammer check.

EDIT 2: I noticed that when I called myself an a _ _ in my post it was automatically changed to "megablocks"... interesting.

Edited by Tarfful

Once again Oky thanks for helping me to see the light.

OKY WAN KENOBI

Enlightening people since 1988!

My Motto: "Yes, I am your only hope!"

:grin:

Nah, don't mention it, buddy! :wink:

On another note, a Tanive IV in 2009 would most definitely rock! :sweet:

I'd like to dee a version with interchangable parts for the Ep. III (Blue) version and the Ep. IV (Red) version. Not to mention the figs from both versions in one set, now that would be a set worthy of the Lego Star Wars 10th Anniversary set title!

Indeed it would! :sweet: I like the sound of that! :thumbup:

Would love to see Home One as a ship, but I think the general concensus is that it won't happen.

Just as long as I finally get my Ackbar, (and maybe Mon Mothma and Gen Madine too), I'll be :sweet: .

Bring on the fishy heads!!

I want a whole Mon Calamari cruiser!

Not something like the Hoth Base :sick: ,I donĀ“t want some walls,an A-Wing and additional stuff. :thumbdown:

Space battles with ISD and MCC ON!

I want a whole Mon Calamari cruiser!

Not something like the Hoth Base :sick: ,I donĀ“t want some walls,an A-Wing and additional stuff. :thumbdown:

Space battles with ISD and MCC ON!

Agreed. A whole Mon Calamari Star Cruiser is definitely needed more than just the command deck and an A-Wing.