Sign in to follow this  
BlueBard

Pier WIP

I'm working on a new MOC: A XVIII century pier. Well, just a "portion" of it :pir-tongue:

I'm going to use two of my Harbor MOC buildings again: the tavern and the white store, rebuilt in a bigger version. In fact I had the original idea of making a big tavern scene but finally I decided to make it more interessant with more buildings and some other surprises :pir-wink:

Here are two pictures of the progress: (sorry about the quality...)

wip01.jpg

wip02.jpg

And one of the workers: :pir-tongue:

wip03.jpg

I hope you'll like it! :pir_yoda:

Edited by BlueBard

The mini-figures constructing it look rather modern for builders of a XVIII century pier. They better do a good job all the same!

I'm just curious, but do you draw out floor plans for this?

I don't understand you :pir-grin:

You ask me if I have made a project of that or if I have inspired my MOC on real plans to do the floor? :pir-look:

The mini-figures constructing it look rather modern for builders of a XVIII century pier. They better do a good job all the same!

Ah, you know, for those builders you have to travel to the past, bring them here, find pieces of eight to pay them... Those modern ones were easier to find and cheaper! :pir-tongue:

By the way I remember I still have the projects for this MOC I did in Lego Digital Designer. I'll try to post it here :pir-devil:

I don't understand you :pir-grin:

You ask me if I have made a project of that or if I have inspired my MOC on real plans to do the floor? :pir-look:

Floor plans, as in you map out how the MOC will look on grid paper before actually making it, because many parts of this look too well made to be on the fly. Some level of preplanning seems to have been needed.

Floor plans, as in you map out how the MOC will look on grid paper before actually making it, because many parts of this look too well made to be on the fly. Some level of preplanning seems to have been needed.

Now I understand... :pir-grin:

In fact yes, I do some plans on grid paper, just to see more or less what is MOC lo going to be and the bricks I'm going to need. After that I use to do a project with LDD to take references and measurements. But I also use to improvise when I'm building so many things of my MOCs are really on the fly :pir-wink:

Here are the LDD projects: the base (with a little sewer in the middle and marks for the two buildings), the tavern and a store:

ldd_base.jpg

ldd_taberna.jpg

ldd_almacen.jpg

Comments are allways welcome! :pir-classic:

Well, let's post a comment! :pir-tongue:

I like both your buildings very well :thumbup: , but how about the interior? Not designed yet or are you doing the interior with real bricks only?

Benny :pir-classic:

Well, let's post a comment! :pir-tongue:

I like both your buildings very well :thumbup: , but how about the interior? Not designed yet or are you doing the interior with real bricks only?

Benny :pir-classic:

Thanks for the comment! LOL :pir-tongue:

The interior is not well designed yet (I still need some ideas) but I don't think I'll do a LDD project for that. I prefer doing it while I'm building the rest but I can say there will be a little kitchen, a wine cellar and a couple of rooms in the tavern, and a fireplace in every floor. However I don't have any ideas for the store's interior, apart "stocking" and maybe a little desk... Any suggestion? :pir-look:

I especially like the red and grey house. I already liked this colour combination with train engine shed 10027. For this house it's obviously excellent as well. I'm eager to see the complete version of that building. Moccing on!

This looks like a promising MOC in progress.

The part that I find most fascinating is the design and architecture of the white store.

Building a pier (or a elevated harbour) is also on my list, so I might need to borrow some idea's from you in the future :pir-wink:

You could maybe add some kind of a changing room for your shop if you sell some cloth?

I'm sure your pirates would be very happy if some ladies would try the one or the other piece of clothing in there :pir-laugh:

Benny

I'm eager to see the complete version of that building. Moccing on!
This looks like a promising MOC in progress.

Thank you very much, guys! :pir-blush:

I'm sure your pirates would be very happy if some ladies would try the one or the other piece of clothing in there :pir-laugh:

You gave me a real good idea for one of the tavern's rooms... :pir-laugh:

Looking at your poll about possible new species in the pirates theme I thought I really would like to put some sea gulls in this diorama MOC, maybe with a little nest in one of the roofs... :pir-blush:

I've been looking for ideas around there, on brickshelf and mocpages but nothing great... :pir-sceptic: (I think the best one it's this one from baronsat.com)

Stans.jpg

Nevertheless, has anyone any idea who could help me? Thanks! :pir-wink:

Looking good! :thumbup:

As for seagulls...

img_0002.jpg

And my very old one...

birds.jpg

MOC on! :pir-grin:

Well, those will be my seagulls. They're nothing spectacular, I know, just a bit of decoration :pir-tongue:

One flying over the pier (SlyOwl's model) and another one in a nest, probably in the tavern's roof.

seagulls.jpg

seagulls_bis.jpg

The final model will be nearly finished but I'm afraid I got a lot of job by now to finish it properly and take pictures :pir-cry_sad: I think I won't post it until the end of the next month... Anyway I'll try to take some pictures of the WIP and the MFs. Keep watching! :pir_yoda:

Edited by BlueBard

Is it just me or do Brick-Built birdies don't look so good? As cleverly as they are designed they don't really maintain that LEGO-animal aesthetic and look as though they're intended to be ornamental rather than organic, living creatures.

Well, those will be my seagulls. They're nothing spectacular, I know, just a bit of decoration :pir-tongue:
Is it just me or do Brick-Built birdies don't look so good? As cleverly as they are designed they don't really maintain that LEGO-animal aesthetic and look as though they're intended to be ornamental rather than organic, living creatures.

Well, ok they don't maintain Lego animals' look but in most of the cases those brick-built birds, cows, sheeps... or whatever are just a little complement of the general scene so their "Lego look" doesn't seems to be so important for me. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Waiting for new animal species from TLC I think those brick fellows doesn't look so bad :pir-sweet:

Very promising work, I look forward to seeing this when it is finished!

Thanks! :pir-sweet:

There are some shots of the first floor of the tavern completely finished and ready to be assembled to the second one :pir-wink:

wip04.jpg

Notice the main structure is also finished.

wip05.jpg

Here you can appreciate the sewer.

wip06.jpg

Comments are welcome! :pir_yoda:

Well, finally, yesterday I finished the store which is going to have three rooms, and a little surprise under them :pir-tongue:

The tavern is also completely finished, excepting some little things I think I'll change, like the first level's floor or some details in the kitchen. I was thinking on adding a street's top too like I did in the Harbor MOC but I don't find it really works so I must do some tests before... :pir-hmpf_bad:

I'm also waiting for some possible decals from the Monkey Island games and some others but if everything is ok the MOC will be able to be shown in one or two weeks :pir-classic:

I hope you'll like it! :pir-wink: Keep watching! :pir_yoda: