darkrebellion

A poll to decide a star wars set for february 2009

YEESSSSS! palpatine's arrest! why wouldnt you vote for that??? i hope it wins! it comes with mace windu, which i never got my hands on, and hopefully not LULS. Purple Lightsaber, ON!! and kit fisto, evn though i have him, its good to have spares :thumbup: maybe he will even have improvements (although i the fig is so great already). but the brown paint on his tentacles wears off easily. and palpatine... :wub: i cant wait to get that fig... and then theres also saesee tinn and agen kolar! i could care less for agen kolar, but saesee tinn would be an awesome fig! maybe evn an anakin fig, like someone said before... my JSF anakin is getting damaged, and he has the comlink thingy, so id rather have him without.

:wub: everybody vote for palpatines arrest!! :thumbup:

I thik the arrest of Palpatine will win purely for being such a good minifig set. Only 9 months until we find out the result!

I'm afraid you're right and I couldn't be more BORED with the prospect.

Some more Jedi Minifigs and some office furniture...let me clear some space on my display shelves right away for that :hmpf:

The other two choices aren't all that hot either, but I guess the Mon Cal cruiser idea is the best. A-Wings are always fun, especially if we get one in a color different then the standard red. (Blue anyone?) The A-wing could be the new Jedi Interceptor deino2.gif

Plus, Admiral Ackbar as a Minifig beats Agen Kolar and pre-Sith Palpatine any day :wub:

Whilst choice one is so tempting, and really, choice two is ney on insulting... Choice three is in my estimation the wisest choice. Given time, I believe we shall see choice one, so this being a balancing act, shifted my decision to the right. Second, don't just think of it as an A-wing hangar... I foresee an Army... Arrayed all in white and black, (and ok, some old greys... worn and demure as ever) standing in formation, their lord bowed in anticipation awaiting the arrival of His master... The droll of the Imperial March played for background... An form slave-turned-Admiral, once more a slave, now chained like a kath at the side of his dark Master feet.... the broken remains of a derelict A-wing pushed aside to make room... Do ya feel it!

I voted for Arrest of Palpatine!

Imagine:

Palpatine, Seasse Tiin, Agen Kolar, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto and Anakin Skywalker.

Or else:

Moncalamari Cruiser!

Admiral Ackbar, Bridge and an A-wing.

Both are just Brilliant!

Edited by THE-FORCE

Mon Calamari Cruiser set.

Admins, frontpage the poll maybe?

Ackbar so On

copmike

ackbar_b.gif

Hmm, this is a little too vague for me to choose. :sceptic:

Palpie's office is the clearest- it says minifigs and a little scene.

Slave 1 is a harder- we know it has Slave 1 and a landing platform, but is it just a platform? Will this be like Cloud City? What minifigs will there be? Will Boba have the rare arms and legs printing? :oh:

The Mon Cal cruiser is clear on the set- the hangar and the control room. But how will TLC make that without it looking terrible? Seems really hard to do. Also, minifigs, ships, etc.?

Meditate on this, I will. :yoda:

Choice 1 on! I've always wanted a set like this, and now we just might get one. With this we would get 3 new figs(palpatine, agen Kolar and saesee Tiin) plus two rare ones(Mace Windu and Kit Fisto.) :classic:

I have to wonder if all three choices will be produced this year, but we are just voting on which one TRU will carry as an exclusive? :sceptic:

Choice 1 FTW! :thumbup: Besides we can always paint like a head band on one and say it is another jedi if we get multiples.

Choice 1 all the way!!! :sing: I mean, come on, the other choices would be just rehashes (except for getting an Ackbar fig with the Awing, but who likes Mr. "It's-A-Trap" anyway! :tongue: ), and what could be better than a set with a new PT Palpy fig, a (new?) Mace fig, and some other Jedi all in one effordable set?! :sweet: I reallyreallyreally hope this dream will come true! :wub:

This was definately a hard choice. :sceptic: Personally, I thought they all sounded like good sets and I would not mind no matter what the outcome. I guess the best choice for me was the mon calimari cruiser. :thumbup:

I voted 3 times for the arrest of Palpatine and 2 times for Admiral Ackbar. :tongue:

Star Wars Aliens on! :alien::yoda::vader:

Choice 3, hands down. Choice one would only get us a new figure or two, and choice two is just pathetic. :thumbdown:

Choice three, however, would likely get us a brand new space cruiser - possibly in the style of the Imperial Star Destroyer playset. And of course, it would bring Admiral Ackbar into minifig form for the first time! :sweet:

I have to wonder if all three choices will be produced this year, but we are just voting on which one TRU will carry as an exclusive?

.... I REALLY like the sound of that. :thumbup:

Choice 3, hands down. Choice one would only get us a new figure or two, and choice two is just pathetic. :thumbdown:

Choice three, however, would likely get us a brand new space cruiser - possibly in the style of the Imperial Star Destroyer playset. And of course, it would bring Admiral Ackbar into minifig form for the first time! :sweet:

No, choice three would get you the bridge and another A-Wing. It's not a minifig style ship in the vein of the Republic Cruiser or the ISD.

Either 1 or 3 would do me. Choice 2 seemed to be pathetic in comparison.

So for me it was a choice between an Admiral Ackbar fig or a Mace Windu fig. I couldn't make up my mind.

I voted for both.

Ooh! Such a tough decision.. You know I actually wanted a Palpatine set right from the beginning.. Yet a Mon Calamari scene? That could be brilliant! The thing is, as much as I've wanted a Mon Calamari ship, I think it would just end up being an undersized replica lacking interactivity. Oh wait - *reads the description*. Ah hah! So we've already had the Slave I, and a Cloud City set, I see no purpose for a further remake. So..

I'm going for the Mon Calamari Cruiser! Why? Because it's a control room and hangar. A control room would be very nifty indeed, and a hangar is always welcome. Palpatine rules, but it'll just be one big minifig fest [which okay, is awesome, but I want a memorable set as well as quality figures]. There's my vote! And it's a trap? Nah, but it's awesome =).

-- Andrex

That's very nice that we are allowed to choose our favored Lego SW set! :thumbup:

I totally agree with you, Grevious!

I of course voted for option 3, too: Mon Calamari Cruiser because it is - beside the ISD and the RBR the most popular, most interesting and most important bigger ship!

That would be :wub: :wub: :wub: if it would come with a little hangar, the control room, General Ackbar, Mon Mothma, some of these aliens which look like Darth Maul, some Rebels, a little transport vehicle and some Rebel Workers!

Option 2 would be very coul, too, since I only own the "Old" Slave 1 from 1999 ( :hmpf: ) and I don't own the Cloud City. But I doubt if TLG would design the Cloud City I would like it to have: With a big plexiglass window in the room where Han and Leia wait for Lando. And by the way: Since there should be already included the Slave 1 in this set I doubt if we would see a lot of the Cloud City! :sceptic:

In option 1 I'm not interested and surely won't buy since I only collect episode 4-6 sets.

BTW: What does that mean that it'll only be available from ToysRUS.com "nationwide"? I jope that it won't be an Exclusive that then wouldn't be available in Germany because that would be very :thumbdown::sad: !

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I agree with most replies in that 1 and 3 seem to be the best choices. I think I will vote for 3 though because I don't have very many OT sets and I would love an Admiral Ackbar fig. :wub: :wub:

But frankly any of these sets in my opinion would be fantastic!

The thing it, it looks to me as if Star Wars LEGO fans really fall into two main categories.

1) People who want fun SW LEGO sets, ships, and scenes with cool Minifigs

2) People who want cool Minifigs

I'm afraid those of us in category 1 who are looking forward to a fun and unique building experience will be ground under the tyranny of the masses who just want every SW character ever in Minifig form. So I really hope we end up with something with a vehicle instead of a glorified battle pack. Perhaps toss Anakin's Airspeeder into the Palpatine set or something.

I voted for option 3. Although, I am not a big Star War fan, but seeing the hanger and the admiral.

Great to see that LEGO is collecting our views :classic:

voted for choice 3. But choice could be really good too

you know what'd be great? that choice 1 wins the poll but by such a close margin from 3 that TLC decides to realease a full MCC to compensate :sweet: That way, we'd get a nice office with cool furniture and then a fantastic set

Day dreaming ON

Edited by yellost

I hope the 1st one Arrest of Palpatine wins :cry_happy::thumbup: if not i hope the Calamari one wins (hope if it does win we get a new diffrent colour a-wing :wub: )

I wish they had a "better" option then the 2nd option maybe like Hoth or something would be better :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Darth_Legois_619