Sign in to follow this  
gylman

Bionicle 2005 playsets now available at S@H Canada

Canadian Shop at Home madness continues.

The 2005 bionicle playsets are now available. You know those half-system half-bionicle thingies.

Bionicle playset 2005

Wolf04 must be freaking all over the place.

What a crazy day. I saw more new stuff at S@H today than I have ever seen before. Stuff that was not supposed to be released for months!

Oh my, with my heart palpitating like this, how will I ever get any sleep tonight?

Gyl

EVEN MORE NEWS?!

First Dino Attack, then new Star Wars, then a strange, unexpected LEGO sale, and now BIONICLE...I don't know how much more I can take!

Unless I'm mistaken this belongs in the Bionicle Forum with its Bionicle Brethren... Now say that fast 20 times and see how it turns out...

Ughhh...

they look ugly. but I might get the battering ram just for the little spider things (7 of those little buggers in 1 set!) but other than that they suck. :/

Those are even more god-awful than I originally thought! I suppose the biggest one might be tolerable for the dark red pillars, but $70? Thanks, but no thanks.

I must say - I am not very keen about these Bionicle playsets. On the other hand, I used to hate Bionicle and now I like it quite a bit.... so maybe the LEGO company knows something about designing sets that I don't.

I won't be rushing to get these for now..... Vikings and the new Technic sets take priority. See how it goes.

Gyl

SHEEEEZUS KABEEEZUS!!!

8759-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

The central "head" part of the set has gotta take first place in the most <insert that tiresome argument> LEGO piece - ahead of the tray of that dump truck!

SHEEEEZUS  KABEEESUZ!!!

8759-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

The  central "head" part of the set has gotta take first place in the most <insert that tiresome argument> LEGO piece - ahead of the tray of that dump truck!

If this continues, the meaning of LEGO will be totally different...everything will be a huge <insert that tiresome argument> piece! (Oh, joy...) *devil*

I never picked Bionicle as a victim of juniorisation. Probably because the pieces seemed big enough as they were, but I guess these latest sets prove they can bigger.

Somehow this set reminds me of the MegaBloks Pirate and Castle sets, minus the intricate details on the pieces. I actually saw a display for those MegaBlok sets the other day.

The central "head" part of the set has gotta take first place in the most <insert that tiresome argument> LEGO piece - ahead of the tray of that dump truck!

Is it compatible with human-sized head to wear as mask?? :)

8759-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

If it were a bit cheaper (Like $15-20 cheaper), then I'd probably buy it for the pieces.

the bionicle set this yr is quite refreshing.... like all the other lego series this yr (city/ police/ fire/ construction/viking etc)....

i m never a big fan of bionicle... but honestly this yr's set nearly got me.... bionicle in the form of castle is impressive... i know a lot of ppl know don't like the big pieces (neither do i) but at least i can see lego is trying to broaden the bionicle's appeal....

the only reason why i won't buy the bionicle sets is because we hv been saturated with really good sets this yr.... i hv bought more new sets this year than the last 5 yrs combined...

i hv been addicted to the new police n construction n star war series... n my goodness... the viking n the new Vladek's Dark Fortress are coming out.... unless i win a lottery i don't think i hv much left for the bionicle sets....which is a real pity... cos i really like that spider/scorpion creature in the bionicle castle set.... may b i will buy it from ebay or bricklink if someone sell it separately.....

anyway this is a "nice" dilemma.... better to hv too many nice sets to choose from than.....you-know-what-i-mean...

If it were a bit cheaper (Like $15-20 cheaper), then I'd probably buy it for the pieces.

How much of the overall price do ya think this head part would cost?

Sadly, this one piece would probably be a lot cheaper (and quicker to produce) than making something similiar out of seperate blocks. :(

At the insiders tour, I went too ;) (was up V()()D()()!!!!) they had the big mask at the employee pick a brick I looked at it but I didn't want to waste any room in the bag, you understand...