Sign in to follow this  
Badsneaker

New Member's MOC

indexed.gif V-LP-2F & V-LC-03D

Hi,

Here are a few pics of some LEGO vehicles I have made.

1st up is my LEGO SWAT van:

2614035330101579773S425x425Q85.jpg

2222231690101579773S425x425Q85.jpg

Next up is my redesigned LEGO recycle truck:

2444007530101579773S425x425Q85.jpg

2514859950101579773S425x425Q85.jpg

I have a few others I'll post later. Hope you guys like it!

The SWAT van looks very neat and detailed, the color scheme works very well and the lights on front look pretty distinct. :thumbup:

It would be interesting to see a pic of the interior too, if thereĀ“s one, of course.... Yippee ki-ay on! :grin:

Your recycle truck looks fantastic too, very massive and realistic, well fitting for some heavy duty communal work. :classic:

Excellent work Badsneaker, the SWAT vehicle is my favorite :wub: of the two its massive, got a good colour scheme, and overall has a nice look. The SWAT team holding onto the side is something new, but I guess its so they can get on and off easily :thumbup: . The recycling truck is also well done but I think you should give it a more definate colour scheme, such as orange completely along the bottom and top with white in the middle or the actual truck would be all white with an orange dumper. Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys,

Here is a SWAT van with the guys hanging on the sides:

2742359030101579773S425x425Q85.jpg

I've got some more stuff I'll post later. I will get some interior shots of the vehicles too.

Great board here, some real cool MOC's!

Hi, Badsneaker

I like the vehicles.. The SWAT team look suitably menacing and the recycle truck is really sturdy looking. Good roof on the SWAT truck, it has plenty going on and the section over the cab fits in neatly.

You seem to have integrated them in to a city well - I've had trouble getting 8 wide vehicles to work as they're too wide for the road markins on baseplates, but this seems to help in the case of a SWAT team (for maximum menacing power!!).

Did you take the pic of the real SWAT team from your window..if so what have you been up to??!! :wink:

Hi, Badsneaker

I like the vehicles.. The SWAT team look suitably menacing and the recycle truck is really sturdy looking. Good roof on the SWAT truck, it has plenty going on and the section over the cab fits in neatly.

You seem to have integrated them in to a city well - I've had trouble getting 8 wide vehicles to work as they're too wide for the road markins on baseplates, but this seems to help in the case of a SWAT team (for maximum menacing power!!).

Did you take the pic of the real SWAT team from your window..if so what have you been up to??!! :wink:

LOL that definitely wasn't me taking the pic of the SWAT van!!!

I agree the 8 wide trucks are a little too big for the baseplates. Remember these plates are essentially the same design since the late 70's when a LEGO tractor-trailer was still 4 studs wide! Its funny how LEGO makes larger trucks now but the roadplates are still designed for 4 wide cars and trucks.

I'll get some pics posted tonight with these trucks rolling in my city.

Very thought-through and mean looking vehicles you've got there. I can't help but thinking that they look somewhat anime/manga style inspired, with the big vehicles being truly big and massive.

They actually look like they belong in their own little universe. You don't happen to have one, do you?

They actually look like they belong in their own little universe. You don't happen to have one, do you?

You know that is same question my wife keeps asking me every time I am building LEGO!

More pics of the recycle truck.

The roof pops off, the printed 1 x 6 slopes and various orange pieces came from Bricklink. Scratchbuilt from the wheels up using some original LEGO truck parts and enlargening the rear dump section. I think I may need to go a little larger on the dump section. Longer wheelbase maybe.

2925454270101579773S425x425Q85.jpg

Room for 2 community workers and a sleeping section for those long hauls...

2760273640101579773S425x425Q85.jpg