23 - 25 Jul German GP (Hockenheim) Fernando Alonso

30 - 01 Aug Hungarian GP (Budapest) Mark Webber

27 - 29 Aug Belgian GP (Spa-Francorchamps) Lewis Hamilton

10 - 12 Sep Italian GP (Monza)

24 - 26 Sep Singaporean GP (Singapore)

08 - 10 Oct Japanese GP (Suzuka)

22 - 24 Oct Korean GP (Yeongam)

05 - 07 Nov Brasilian GP (Sao Paulo)

12 - 14 Nov Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina Circuit)

2010 season changes Though not as dramatic as the rule changes introduced for the 2009 season, the revisions for 2010 could still have a significant impact on the teams’ relative performance…

Refuelling

The biggest change for the 2010 season is the banning of refuelling during races for the first time since 1993. Pit stops will not become a thing of the past, however, as drivers still have to use both dry-weather tyre compounds during a Grand Prix. Of course, those stops will now be much quicker, quite possibly under four seconds.

The change requires cars to possess a much larger fuel tank - up from around 80 litres to something nearer 250 - and has a major effect on race strategy, with drivers having to pay more attention to tyre and brake conservation. To accommodate the bigger tank, the cars are likely to feature wider rear bodywork and a longer wheelbase. As a result, the weight distribution will be quite different to that of a 2009 car.

Points system

In place of the previous structure, which saw the top eight drivers scoring 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 point respectively, from 2010 the top ten finishers in a Grand Prix score points. The change has been introduced as a result of the expanded grid of 13 teams. Under the new system, the race winner takes 25 points, with 20 and 15 being awarded for second and third places respectively. The next seven finishers will score 10, 8, 6, 5, 3, 2 and 1 point respectively.

Weight

The minimum weight of the car has been raised from 605kg to 620kg. The initial thinking behind this was to offset the disadvantage faced by taller, heavier drivers in KERS-equipped cars (the additional weight of the KERS system meant they were left with less flexibility in terms of weight distribution than their lighter rivals). By mutual agreement, however, teams are now not expected to run KERS in 2010.

Narrower front tyres

When slick tyres returned to Formula One racing in 2009, the tyre size remained unchanged. In terms of contact area, this meant that the fronts gained proportionally more grip than the rears. This has been addressed for 2010, with front tyre width reduced from 270mm to 245mm, thus helping to bring back a better grip balance. Also, the ban on refuelling means cars will be around 100kg heavier at the start of a race than in 2009, so Bridgestone will use slightly harder tyre compounds to compensate.

No wheel fairings

Teams are no longer allowed to use the wheel rim covers that became so commonplace in 2009. Their removal means one less thing to go wrong when pit crews are trying to change of set of tyres in less than four seconds, and could also aid overtaking by making the airflow immediately behind cars less turbulent.

More teams

Thirteen teams - 26 cars - will feature on the grid in 2010. This means a slight alteration to the knockout qualifying session, which will now see eight drivers (as opposed to five) eliminated in Q1 and Q2, leaving ten to fight it out for pole in Q3. The ban on refuelling means that cars will qualify on low fuel in all three phases of the session.

Testing

If a team declares that one of their current race drivers is to be substituted by a driver who has not participated in an F1 race in the two previous calendar years, one day of track testing will now be permitted, on an approved circuit not being used for a Grand Prix in the current season. This is to avoid scenarios such as that seen in 2009 when Jaime Alguersuari made his Formula One debut with Toro Rosso having only previously driven an F1 car in straight-line testing.

In another minor change, teams will be allowed six rather than eight days of straight-line aero testing per season. They will also have the option of substituting any of these days for four hours of wind tunnel testing with a full-scale (rather than the normal 60 percent-scale) model.

Edited by KimT
Race Calendar Updated

We had a Formula 1 topic going last year, but it was started with only a couple races left in the season.

Just got done watching the Spanish grand Prix. Ferrari is has really been on top of there game. Glad to see Lewis Hamilton is doing better since his horrible start last race.

And I'm relieved to see that heiki is safe and sound after his crash at 230 km/h !!

And I would loke to congratulate the French in this GP !! When a French driver crashes like a retard in a French car its really the Marks Brothers playing with small cars :tongue:

This season is realy interesting !! Its not onl a 2 team competing and thats great !! BMW proved to have a fantastic car and Renault made great progress !!

Its going to be hot in Turkey in 2 weeks !!

F1 forever !!

:yoda:

BMW is defenatly uped there game this year. No doubt about that! I too was shocked to see Hinki Kovolians crash, but relieved he was ok. :classic: As far as renault goes......

Ya, i guess there doing a bit better than last year, but i still think its clear that they don't have a better car than ferrari, mclaren., or even BMW for that matter. Though i don't care for Fernado Alonso (Never will after the crap he pulled last year. :hmpf_bad: ) i know he's one of the few drivers that could give them another championship, but with the way things are going, that seem to be les and less likely. I mean, both Renault's DNF the last race to to mechanical failures. I understand that every manufacture has the mechanical problems every now and then, but they seem to have more, as well as more trouble getting there cars set up.

Oh well, its not over till its over, so anything can happen!

I've only been a true Ferrari fan since M. Schumacher began to drive for them in '96, but I've continued the romance and appreciate their continued success. BMW has joined the ranks of the top teams, great work, I pray that they continue so. How about Renault's showing in Spain !! They really showed incredible improvement, I guess it shows what a great development pilot Fernando is ( McLaren blew it in not giving him true #1 status ).

I truly dislike the freezing of engine developement as well as the common ignition systems. I know that Formula One is expensive but F! risks being turned into a spec series as virtually every series in the State are ( w/ the exception of the American Lemans Series ) and that may spell F!'s doom.

bfs (the babbler)

Loved the Spanish GP, it had it all! I'm from Australia, so you can imagine i'm pretty happy with Mark Webber this year. 3 points finishes!

When i saw Heikki in the tyre wall, i was pretty scared for him. so glad he's escaped major injury.

Despite whatever feelings people might have towards Alonso and Renault, I still believe! :thumbup:

Renault has proven that they have a car that can compete with the top teams.

Unfortunately one car "blew up" and the other one was hit by an inferior team (Bourdais) :tongue:

Next grand prix belongs to the blue and yellow team.

KimT

RENAULT ON!

Despite the crappy name, Force India had a great race (Sutil not included!!) with Fisi finishing 10th, only 2 places off the points.

And I am glad to see Hamilton back in the hunt at last.

I've enjoyed this season so far, too.

When the plastic sheet covered up Heike's car I had a nasty 'Senna' thought. It's amazing to see he survived with so little injury... the coverage I saw said he must have pulled 100 g's (but that's probably Martin Brundle talking rubbish!!)

Another good race from Kubica.. I really feel he was overlooked for the second seat at Mclaren and he's almost single handedly responsible for BMW leapfrogging Mclaren in the constructors.

It'll be a shame when all of the regulating from the FIA kicks in...I feel that F1 is richer (in content,not money...they've tons of that!) with the technology race between the manufacturers. It will be sad to see a cap on the R & D as this stuff eventually makes it to our road cars, especially all the gearbox things like paddle shift and semi-auto. Imagine F1 without the 6 wheeled Tyrell from '76 and the side skirt Ferrari of G. Villeneuve

I've only been a true Ferrari fan since M. Schumacher began to drive for them in '96, but I've continued the romance and appreciate their continued success. BMW has joined the ranks of the top teams, great work, I pray that they continue so. How about Renault's showing in Spain !! They really showed incredible improvement, I guess it shows what a great development pilot Fernando is ( McLaren blew it in not giving him true #1 status ).

I truly dislike the freezing of engine developement as well as the common ignition systems. I know that Formula One is expensive but F! risks being turned into a spec series as virtually every series in the State are ( w/ the exception of the American Lemans Series ) and that may spell F!'s doom.

bfs (the babbler)

I really fail to see any real improvment with renault. Ya Alanso qualified in on the front line, but his car blew up and he failed to finish the race along with his team mate. It still seems that renault cars aren't up to par with Mclaren, BMW and ferrari. And before that i think the best qualifing postion he has had has been 8th, and has failed to finish with a podeim spot. Mclaren did not blow it by not giving him "true#1 status". If he was as good as he claimed he was, then beating a rookie like Hamiltion shouldn't have been a problem. Alonso showed his true colors by blocking his own team mate, and talking smack. Mclaren is much better off without him, and its showing.

I really fail to see any real improvment with renault. Ya Alanso qualified in on the front line, but his car blew up and he failed to finish the race along with his team mate. It still seems that renault cars aren't up to par with Mclaren, BMW and ferrari. And before that i think the best qualifing postion he has had has been 8th, and has failed to finish with a podeim spot. Mclaren did not blow it by not giving him "true#1 status". If he was as good as he claimed he was, then beating a rookie like Hamiltion shouldn't have been a problem. Alonso showed his true colors by blocking his own team mate, and talking smack. Mclaren is much better off without him, and its showing.

How do you figure that? McLaren is better off how? With a car smashing into the tire wall because it had a technical failure? Or the fact that Hamilton failed to push the speeder in his car and ended up below number 10? Yea McLaren is much better this year :thumbdown::thumbdown: The only teams that actually show some force is BMW and Ferrari.

KimT

How do you figure that? McLaren is better off how? With a car smashing into the tire wall because it had a technical failure? Or the fact that Hamilton failed to push the speeder in his car and ended up below number 10? Yea McLaren is much better this year :thumbdown::thumbdown: The only teams that actually show some force is BMW and Ferrari.

KimT

If i'm correct, Mclaren doersn't build there wheels. Outside manufacture. Could have happened to any of the teams. As far Hamilton, is this the same Lewis Hamilton that won the first grand prix of the year? Or placed second last year in points in his first year, and is second in points this year behind kimi? I'm not saying that Hamiltion hasn't made his mistakes, but he has proven that he is a very talented driver, and he will only get better as time goes on.

And only real teams showing any real force is Ferrari and BMW? Are you kidding? Mclaren is only 1 point behind BMW, and the next is williams Toyota and there 22 points behind. Not to meantion that Fernado Alonso is is 10th in drivers points, and renault is 7th over all with 6 points. So ya, mclaren IS much beter off.

Despite a bit of a shaky few grand prix I think that Mclaren are back on the ball, albeit a bit slower than Ferrari, but with all the spy shenanigans, Ferrari were bound to do better.

Turkish Grand Prix practice starts tomorow! Glad to see Hinki Kovalien is ok and will be racing this weekend!

I'm a F1 fan :)

My favourite team has always been Williams, even though in recents years they aren't what they used to be.

I like Fernando Alonso too :)

If i'm correct, Mclaren doersn't build there wheels. Outside manufacture. Could have happened to any of the teams. As far Hamilton, is this the same Lewis Hamilton that won the first grand prix of the year? Or placed second last year in points in his first year, and is second in points this year behind kimi? I'm not saying that Hamiltion hasn't made his mistakes, but he has proven that he is a very talented driver, and he will only get better as time goes on.

And only real teams showing any real force is Ferrari and BMW? Are you kidding? Mclaren is only 1 point behind BMW, and the next is williams Toyota and there 22 points behind. Not to meantion that Fernado Alonso is is 10th in drivers points, and renault is 7th over all with 6 points. So ya, mclaren IS much beter off.

I surely hope You forgot to see this weekend's GP :tongue:

It's pretty obvious that McLaren struggles to keep us with the Ferraris. Also a lot of the 'underdog' teams have started to fight for points. I guess that without a Ferrari handbook and blueprints McLaren is nothing but hot air and a stressed Ron Dennis.

I'll put a few dollars on Renault soon becoming a competitive team again. Watch out BMW - Alonso is breathing down Your new.

KimT

I surely hope You forgot to see this weekend's GP :tongue:

It's pretty obvious that McLaren struggles to keep us with the Ferraris. Also a lot of the 'underdog' teams have started to fight for points. I guess that without a Ferrari handbook and blueprints McLaren is nothing but hot air and a stressed Ron Dennis.

I'll put a few dollars on Renault soon becoming a competitive team again. Watch out BMW - Alonso is breathing down Your new.

KimT

First off, no. I never miss a Grand Prix. Gota love Dish Network DVR!! :sweet:

Second, i find it funny on how your constantly dissing McLaren cause there behind ferrari, but hold the underdog teams as being more of a threat while being 29 points behind. Ferrari BMB, and Mclaren have a preety good jump over everyone else and that gap seems to grow with every race.

Yes, ferrari is doing fantastic. Props to Kimi, Felipe, and the whole team. If ferarri is smart, they will sign on Felipi Massa for another year or two as he has proven his worth to the team.

As far as Mclaren goes, ya, they might not be first, but they are no means out of the game. Hamilton still in second for points (Tied with Felipi). They seem to improve just a hair every race. Renault is a complete joke. Even with Alonso at the wheel, they can't seem to make any progress. Williams Toyota has a better chance than Renault does.

All in all, its still very early in the season to determin a solid winner in both manufactuer, and the drivers race. Although to be honest, it looks like its going to be between Ferrari, McLaren, and BMW for manufacture points. There the only consistant teams at this point. Ones things for sure though. Monaco is going to be hot! Whom ever is on the pole, will most likey take the win as there are very few places to pass.

Edited by 5150 Lego

Isn't it obvious why I "diss" McLaren? I'm a Renault fan and they stole our top driver and led the team into disaster :hmpf_bad:

But I am still sure that the golden age for McLaren is fading. They simply haven't got enough speed to compete with the Ferraris.

Also they've got to face the fact that BMW and several low-seated teams are actually fighting for points and might become more or less of threat to McLaren.

Still I believe that Renault has and will improve enough to compete with BMW since the alterations done by Renault and especially Alonso have proven that the Renaults can go fast

- just not enough to fight Ferrari or McLaren this season. But being number 3 is also good enough bearing the last season's disasterous score in mind.

I don't see the young Hamilton being much more of a talent that most other drivers...actually I think that Heikki Kovalainen is better. I know that he's is behind Hamilton pointswise, but still...give him this season with McLaren and he'll kick some next year.

Also I think that Massa is the one to win this year...Kimi got lucky last year and he just hasn't "got it" to be the best of the best of the best.

Just my two cents on this years season.

KimT

[it's a shame the American GP is gone...but then again...now we get night races :grin: ]

Isn't it obvious why I "diss" McLaren? I'm a Renault fan and they stole our top driver and led the team into disaster :hmpf_bad:

But I am still sure that the golden age for McLaren is fading. They simply haven't got enough speed to compete with the Ferraris.

Also they've got to face the fact that BMW and several low-seated teams are actually fighting for points and might become more or less of threat to McLaren.

Still I believe that Renault has and will improve enough to compete with BMW since the alterations done by Renault and especially Alonso have proven that the Renaults can go fast

- just not enough to fight Ferrari or McLaren this season. But being number 3 is also good enough bearing the last season's disasterous score in mind.

I don't see the young Hamilton being much more of a talent that most other drivers...actually I think that Heikki Kovalainen is better. I know that he's is behind Hamilton pointswise, but still...give him this season with McLaren and he'll kick some next year.

Also I think that Massa is the one to win this year...Kimi got lucky last year and he just hasn't "got it" to be the best of the best of the best.

Just my two cents on this years season.

KimT

[it's a shame the American GP is gone...but then again...now we get night races :grin: ]

Lol.. Ok. Sorry, but you have no one to blame but Renault for there horrid season last year. Alonso saw that Renault had a lack luster car and team and they weren't making any progress. He saw that McLaren had a better car and team, so he went with them. If he was smart (and he wasn't) he would have had a better attitude during his run with McLaren and would have signed on another year with them and had a real chance at winning another championship. But no, he gets mad cause he figured McLaren should have put him as the front runner and his team mate tied with him in drivers point in his first year of competion.

So now he back with a team that might have made better progress than last year, but still doesn't have what it takes to win a championship. And i while ya, there are some other teams out there fighting for points, its not in a postion that really threatens ferrari, BMW or McLaren. I mean com'on man. 29 point differnce, and you think these teams are going to be a threat? :look: Not any time soon.

The point gap has justs increases with Ferrari, McLaren and BMW with every GP,while the "low seated teams" hover in the same spots moving farther away. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see some underdogs come up and complete with the big boys. I was (and still am) a ruting for the Force India team. But i just can't see how you think these teams are all of a sudden going to be a threat to Mclaren. :hmpf: Again, Renault is a joke. Yes, they have made Improvments this year, but not nearly enough to be a threat. And if they can't be a competitive with Alonso at the wheel, then sorry, theres just no hope.

Hamiltion still has alot of fight in him. He's still a competive driver, and remeber that this is only his second season so he still has much to learn and things that he can improve on tomake him a better driver. As far as kovolian goes, yes. He has also proven that he is a very talented driver. Weather or not he's better than Hamiltion has bet to be determained.

Still think that Felipi and Hamilition have a good chance for a drivers championship this year. But i do agree that Kimi got lucky last year. Though i don't think that luch has had anything to do with his sucess this year. I think he's more than capable of winning a second championship in a row.

Again its still to early in the season to atain a winner. Going to be very interesting.

Man i wish that the states would get a GP again. Damm politics!!

P.S. Oh, and kimt, i love your signature! :sweet:

it's going to be another championship this weekend. monaco is one of my favorite races. do you think there will be more casualties this year??

it's going to be another championship this weekend. monaco is one of my favorite races. do you think there will be more casualties this year??

Well i certainly hope there no casualties. Monaco is defenatly one of the best GP's of the year, but also one of the most difficult. Ussually the qualifing determains the race since its so hard to pass on Monaco. Congrats to Lewis Hamlition, Kimi Riakanion for qualifing 2nd and 3rd, and Felepi Massa for taking the Pole! Should be a good race!

Edited by 5150 Lego

:cry_sad:

Force India's Adrian Suil was running 4th with 10 minutes to go when Kimi Riakonen crashed into the back of him! Gah, to think the best chance they've had in ages to score points ruined! *sigh*

Edited by Lord Of Pies

:cry_sad:

Force India's Adrian Suil was running 4th with 10 minutes to go when Kimi Riakonen crashed into the back of him! Gah, to think the best chance they've had in ages to score points ruined! *sigh*

..... AAnd there's still a good possibility that he might get penalized 5 spots for that too. The Force India team lost out on millions of dollors in sponsorship money since they didn't score any points this race.

But man, what a race!! Without a doubt the best GP of the year so far! Congrats to Lewis Hamilton for a fantastic 1rst place finish! I knew he still had it! Not to forget about his teammate Kovalien. Came from last to 8th. Although ferrari didn't do as well as i'm sure everyone thought they would have, Felepi still got a podiem finish. Congrats to him. Kimi just wasn't on his game today. Bad for him, but good for everyone else i soppose. Renault? :tongue: ...no improvment as ussual. Even ferrnado Alonso knows there no hope for a chapionship with them. BMW on the other hand is proving there a force to be wreckened with! The Canadain GP is going to be good!

It was an amazing race :sweet: the best so far this year Monaco is always exciting in the wet.

I was really dissapointed when Sutil was shunted out finishes like that mean so much to the smaller teams it can be worth millions in sponsorship

:sad: Man,sad sad day for Lewis Hamiliton. Rear ends Kimi Rikononin the pits and takes himself and the Ferrariout of the race. Noone to blame but himself. What a dissapointment. :sad: 36 laps to go with Rubens Barachello leading. Even with his mistake, i'm still ruiting for Mclaren! Go Henki!! :wub: Hopfully Fellipi Massa can makeup some spots as well! But we may very well see a major upsetthis race!

Canadian GP was a great race (except for the fact it started at 3am here and I had to work the next day... :cry_sad: )

I felt Lewis' crash really showcased his inexperience, although I was surprised Kimi was so calm. Great result for BMW although I was cheering for DC the whole race (Red Bull Racing and Mark Webber :thumbup: ).