Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

Why did nobody ever tell me...

Agreed, this is a little bit late to post this! Still, I've gotta say it.

A few days ago, I picked up Doc Ock's hideout for the windows (keep an eye out for them). After building the set, I realized it was fantastic. The windows are PERFECT. I think it's here I should note that these are the only sets where I actually enjoyed putting stickers on pieces. I can't explain why, but it just wasn't that bad. Anyway, these windows, while stickered, are great for almost ANY modern building. It comes with great life preservers in black and is constructed just about entirely out of bricks. Not to mention, a ton of amazing figures (I'm addicted to those nice suits for minifigs...). And above all, a 32x32 blue baseplate that made my latest project so much better. Well worth the $50 tag, even though it's on discount on a lot of places!

So needless to say, I went back the next day and got two more sets - Street Chase and Fusion Lab. Street Chase, while not exactly a great standalone set - the 'jewelry store' is kind of silly ;) - comes with some really useful stuff. Street lamp, trike, three different-colored jewels (I have a rather large collection now...) and above all - the STREET SIGNS. These are just so perfectly simple that I can't help but admire them. Great for any town! The finishing touch for me was the criminal with the red jacket on - it has a tiny little Classic Space symbol embroidered on the chest. A little Easter Egg for fans!

Fusion Lab was also fantastic. The ambulance is nice, and comes with a 3-piece stretcher (actually has 'wheels'). I slightly wish that the sides weren't stickered, and a couple points off for multi-part stickering. Still, the ambulance driver is black - my first black fig, save for TIE Pilots :P. Harry, again, comes with a nice suit. My collection grows (you're next, Mr. Malfoy)... The building itself is pretty cool. The fusion machine part is a lot of fun - I can't help but put a figure on and press down whenever I pass by. The front, though, makes it - black shuttered windows and a black door. My first real windows in a LONG time. The window above the door has a sticker on it that has a great ironwork pattern with 'OTTO OCTAVIUS Incorporated' written on it. Again, a neat finishing touch - a dark blay trash can. Just perfect.

Today was Train Rescue. This looked to me to be the second-worst of the lot, only slightly above Bank Robbery (which I didn't pick up). I was mistaken. The train car is so cool, even if it has no door or real train wheels (that wheel/track system that it does use, though, is interesting - I'm trying to think how I can use it). Tons of blay windows. Also, it comes with a printed 1x4 tile control panel that's fantastic. I love it! The track itself is pretty non, although the spiderweb and 'danger' signs are fun touches. Again - I cannot help slamming the poor train car down the track into the spiderweb whenever I pass. It's a lot of fun! However, the icing on the cake is Jonah Jameson - the Daily Bugle editor. Another suit for my closet, of course - and a nice one - but what I'm after is the thing in his hands. The newspaper. As far as I know, the only newspaper ever made by LEGO.

I absolutely adore these sets for their figures, their use of bricks and NO <insert that tiresome argument> pieces whatsoever, the playability of every set, and their absolutely amazing Town accessories! Apologies if this was a bit long and pointless, but these are seriously some of my favorite sets in the new colors so far. If you have the chance, buy them while they're still around!

Another suit for my closet, of course - and a nice one - but what I'm after is the thing in his hands. The newspaper. As far as I know, the only newspaper ever made by LEGO.

Vikings and Ninja have no need for newspaper !

This random thought brought to you by "There were town lego's ? What did you do with those ?" Foundation.

Also brought to you by the letters "Arrrrr" and "Aye"

Akkh

sounds cool that you got that set BJ :)

Well worth the $50 tag, even though it's on discount on a lot of places!

I saw it on sale in Target today for A$39 which is US$30... At the moment...

I've seen all these Spider Man 2 sets on sale at Target in Southern California over the past few weeks. They were clearing out their Harry Potter stuff too. Hogwarts castle was $41. The Spider Man train set was $10. There are still some left (at least there was a few days ago)...

OK - BJ you are to blame for this.

I bought 4855 and 4857 *wub*

Now I have to buy MORE :P

What great parts packs.

I think the spiderman 2 sets are ok. not the best, but pretty good for some guy in tights :-D

Too bad Megabloks got the license, but i'm glad I got a lego mini fig and juniors version of spider-man.

Too bad Megabloks got the license, but i'm glad I got a lego mini fig and juniors version of spider-man.

has anyone seen or heard of what Megabloks will produced in Spiderman 3?....

or is this a sensitive "no-no" issue that cannot be discussed in this forum?

may b better to stick with lego ;)

may b one day you will appreciate Megabloks in retrospect just like the lego spiderman 2 series, BJ ;)

has anyone seen or heard of what Megabloks will produced in Spiderman 3?....

or is this a sensitive "no-no" issue that cannot be discussed in this forum?

may b better to stick with lego ;)

may b one day you will appreciate Megabloks in retrospect just like the lego spiderman 2 series, BJ ;)

Yes, they have the spider-man movie license. I just don't like the quality of their blocks and set designs.