JimBee

The Star Wars Comic Game-Season One

This a game/ comic where our sigfigs take part in the SW universe. It is like the TIE army game, but with comics and some other differences. This story takes place during the clone wars. I will start out the story, and whoever decides to take part in the game will pick up from that, whether it has anything to do with the previous posts or not. (please try to stay with the story as much as possible; as I don't want everyone off in their own little story. You can start out with a separate story, but you have to come in contact with another member at some point) you will be using pics of SW sets and customs with captions (I don't care if you don't post the pics directly here, as long as we can see them by link. NOTE: make sure that your folders are public before you post if you are using brickshelf) i also recommend that you stay away from using a lot of pieces from other themes in your customs, as some of us don't have all themes, but all who participate in this must have SW sets. (you can use pieces from other themes if you absolutely have to).

Rules: (bold= very important)

1. No spamming, no nonsense, as always (see community guidelines)

2. There aren't any main characters, so don't ask

3. Each player is expected to post pics for the story at least once in each chapter.

4.You can provide speech for other players, but don't take it to the extreme. Example: killing them off or making them look dumb.

5. Try using sets mainly from Star Wars. If you use a different themed set, don't expect anyone to have it.

6. All comments not related to the story (e.g: notes on a MOC) should be typed in a different color (it doesn't matter which one, as long as it doesn't blend with the background), like this. This does not apply when we are in-between chapters.

7. Have fun

8. Joining in the middle of a chapter is forbidden. You can join the game when a chapter ends, and before a new one starts (I will set a deadline). Also, if you want to leave the game, please PM me, and we can arrange to have you killed off or something similar.

9. If you would like to join, please provide (in between chapters) a picture of your character and some background of him/ her. Remember, you only get one character.

10. Make your posts worth the read, and try to actually contribute (no useless, short posts that don't add anything to the story.

11. Any suggestions for the rules can be sent to me via PM.

If you confused, please speak up, and I or Oky Wan Kenobi will help in any way we can.

List Of Players:

JimButcher

MacK (Dead)

Oky Wan Kenobi

Palin Jax (Off to do some personal business, permanently)

Lt Col Thok

wouwie13

Vader's son (Moda Annix) (Presumed dead)

BrickBreaker (Xela Mirinatan)(Dead)

Simonjedi (Garviel Loken)

Skipper 24 (Dead)

The Death Star (William Jones)

Adam

JamieDodger (JD)

Bob the Construction Man (Bob Artigulu)

Pr0visorak (Pr0)

BPac21 (BP4C)

Sounds like a fun idea, I may join in (if I can), but how often would you have to post, once a day once a week, and would there be misions participants would have to complete.

If I do decide to join my avatar will be my charecter:

recon_vehicle_016_2.jpg

Edited by MacK

@PSPguy, why not?

@MAck, thank you, you would have to post as often as you can

Sorry, I'm busy with the tie army.

Plus, it takes a great deal of effort for a picture for nearly everything.

Good luck!

@PSPguy, why not?

Well really how different is this going to be from the Tie Army Thread?

PSPguy, im not trying to be rude or anything :wink: its a comic, and you dont have to join if you dont want to :wink: its supposed to be fun, i want this to be less straightfoward than the TIE army gaMe. :classic:

imperialscouts, there doesnt have to be a pic for everything. you could even do only one pic for a post, and just a few for your beginning. but if the TIE army story attracts you, ok. you could do both, but... alot of dedication! :wink:

Let me quote Vader directly:

Remember theirs only one Tie Army and one is all we need.

Point made.

Sounds like a great idea JimButcher! I would be in the TIE army thing but.... I can't do stuff like that very well but this yes!! This is on my number!

Edited by commandosevy

Point made.

I was looking for that qoute. So yeah...

I was thinking about this thread while I was doing homework, and I thought what if we opened it up beyond Starwars? I mean what if the comic was basically just a comic on advantures of EB members we could have some comics that take place in the pirates era, castle era, and of coarse the Starwars, I'm sure we could link it all together.

This way we would attract more people beyond Starwars fans (some people may not have that much Starwars Lego, even I don't have much built at the moment), a lot of players could also submit comics quicker 'cause they can use prebuilt MOCs from other themes for sets and props, and a with a wider variety of sets and themes it would be different from the Tie Army Forum. Every other rule would be unchagned, IMHO I think this would make the game a bit better as there may be more players, more opportunity for creativity, and there would be endless possiabilitys as to storylines. :thumbup:

On a side note would this game have to be preapproved by a moderator before posting it.

Its not really the tie army, its more like the republic army lol

besides its very "star warsy" to have a prequal after the original

If it is actually approved i'll possibly join.

Point made.

i understand, but i think this will turn out a little differently. like i said, i it will be a comic, and less straightfoward than th TIE army. the main reson i didnt join the tie army was because i didnt understand it, without pics, things like a batlle written bt several oeople is quite confusing. i also like PT better. with pics, im hoping for this to be easier. the chapters will also be shorter, so people can jump in and out frequently. :classic:

hmmm... I kinda like this idea... and here is why. This will give all of you guys with mad custom skillz a chance to actually make your MOC shine, like they should. I don't really wish to distract you from your original idea, and I might actually participate, after Kamino that is, cause rex.png isn't around before than, but may I make this polite suggestion. This will not work if you do it as a communication like thread. Truth is, each of us in the TIE Army thread is reacting off each other's posts once we have a story line. And don't be to hard on yourself. Posting in a thread like the "official TIE Army Thread" just takes some "putting yourself in the moment" type writing. Like when we where all kids, or if as for some of you still are leia.gif playing with stick imagining they were ligtsabers... Simple term would be pretending!

My polite suggestion would be a submission like contest thread... Not for prizes either, just the format mind. An editor suggests the theme for the month, week, biweekly, whatever, than people build their pictures. After the submission time limit expires, with possible dialog for that said picture is made, than the editor, whom ever we can find that would be dum... I mean brave enough to tackle this endeavor, would piece them together. This would be allot of work, so I think that it must be a more senior trusted person, and I exclude even myself from that great pool of potential talent.

But I make this only as a suggestion, because even I wish something like this existed... No undue pressure on Tarful either, because I know his intentions are still noble, but even he would agree that this is no easy task, requires oversight, and would be much easier, contents wise, if more people could contribute. But please, my other dear contributors, stay positive even in your disagreements with a thread like this. It is a very interesting and potential fun addition to this wonderful website!!!

*** I'm rex.png, and I endorse this idea!***

hmmm... I kinda like this idea... and here is why. This will give all of you guys with mad custom skillz a chance to actually make your MOC shine, like they should. I don't really wish to distract you from your original idea, and I might actually participate, after Kamino that is, cause rex.png isn't around before than, but may I make this polite suggestion. This will not work if you do it as a communication like thread. Truth is, each of us in the TIE Army thread is reacting off each other's posts once we have a story line. And don't be to hard on yourself. Posting in a thread like the "official TIE Army Thread" just takes some "putting yourself in the moment" type writing. Like when we where all kids, or if as for some of you still are leia.gif playing with stick imagining they were ligtsabers... Simple term would be pretending!

thank you, palin. i have thought of that there wont be any clones in the first few chapters, a downer for some of us, but every story has a beginning. take note that even though no clones existed 20 years before the battle of naboo, mandolarians did. unless thats after they were all wiped out. still, if thats the case, you can always make survivors. :wink:

You can use clone armor as mando armor. plus, someone could make a scene after the battle of naboo with master sifodyas on kamino requesting the clones.

on another note, palin, this is also for MOCs to get some glory. :wink: and the characters do communicate with each other, just differently than in the TIE army. i believe in the TIE army (im not to familiar with it, so correct me if im wrong.) that the players talk to each other over an intercom or something similar. ill have to check. in this game, the players have real encounters.

thanks people who endorse this, its very much appreciated! :wink:

Point made.

I agree, this idea just sounds like a Tie Army with pics, which is not that big of a difference to me. :classic:

on another note,

You stole my line! :angry::tongue:

-Tarfful

lol, hope you dont mind, tarfful. ive been using that alot lately... :classic::sceptic:

come on folks, i need abot 8-10 people to start. also an admin (s) who approves of this. if this gets enough support, that is.

I'm potentially interested in a good SW roleplaying game here on this great board. Only concern I have is that I can't keep up mocing as I don't have that many parts and am not to gifted with creating anything space-related :sceptic:

Benny

alright, simonjedi, just show us a pic of your character/sigfig and a backround on his history please.

vaders son, thats not much of a problem. you can use natural environments also, such as a wood floor as a desert, or grass or snow. this is also not all space. on the contrary, (for me anyways) it takes place on the ground. thats for my character.

while were at it, hows about a background for JimButcher?

He was born on naboo. there, he trained in the naboo defense group as a pilot and commander, although not an ace at the former. during the invasion by the trade federation, he was one of the main leaders in the underground resistance. he fought alongside captain panaka and queen amidala when they took back theed palace while the gungans distracted most of the battle droids far away from theed, in the plains. the naboo were victorious, and the nemodians were placed under arrest for the time being.

after the battle of naboo, Commander butcher moved on to bigger things. he was hired by the republic as a spy to gain vital information for the government. Once, he was on a recconisscense mission on surviving mandolorians. he surveyed them very closely without their knowledge. after the misson, of course the republic concluded that the surviving mandalorians are neither a threat nor a help to them. but butcher gained something more from that mission. he learned the ways of the mandolorians, and from that he created a unique fighting style.

years and many missions later, an acciedent happened. butcher was on an assasination misson with his parnter, but they got captured by the target, a bounty hunter known as jirraan dane. he tried to inject butcher and his partner with poison, but butcher's resistence was so great that the power of the force burst from his body in the form of a deathwave, killing dane. but he also accedentially killed his partner, and swore he would rid the universe of thugs and mercineries to his death day.

of course, the jedi proved that he was force sensitive, but could not become a jedi because of his age. he also wasnt powerful enough to lift heavy objects or throw or pull living things with the force. but he could do more than he ever imagined. he could do gymnastics as easy as if he were running. he could also read others minds if he looked them straight in the eye. he had also created his own blue lightsaber with a stolen crystal without anyone's knowing, bound to fight evil for the rest of his life.

there you have it!

Sounds kinda like fun, JimButcher, but I fear I wont join for two reasons :cry_sad: :

1. I am so busy with college that it will probably be too much stress for me to build and post something all the time, even though I visit this site multiple times a day already. Midterms are coming up and I am getting a major eye surgery done on May 8.

2. I have no clue what the heck life was like before Episode 1! :tongue: And what I have seen in comics so far, I didn't like. So I don't even care. Only thing I care about outside the movies is the Clone Wars! :wub: HEY! How about we change the setting to that? The CW would be a much more exciting era to tell stories about and make comics for! I would seriously love that! :sweet:

Also, I ddidn't follow (and therefore never understood) the TIE Army game, so I have no idea how such a game is like. :blush:

Sorry!

But if I should understand the game and find enough time to participate, these would be the kind of characters I would want to be:

1. A bounty hunter. :skull:

2. A Podracer driver. (There were podracers back then, right? :look: )

3. Somebody who works on some kind of high-end technology, like a droid or starfighter engineer.

Who ever he would turn out to be, he would live on Corruscant! :wub:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

its alright, oky, school should come first.

but if you do decide to join, life before ep 1 is the same thing almost. or, since its a game, we could make it how we want it to be. :classic: and dont worry, the clone wars will come soon, after ep 1, but i dont want to rush though this. :blush:

and this is a role playing game (RPG), so you would interact with characters though the comic. and the customs dont have to be elaborate at all. you could take a couple lego trees and a green rug (or real grass) and there you go-a forest!

just some tips! :blush:

Okay I'll join, (though I may only be able to post a few times :sceptic:), you've already seen my charecter, but basically I'm an officer in th Republic's army ( we can pretend they had a small army before the Clone Wars right), I'm in charge of a legion of ground forces, and I'm often sent to areas where there is hostile presence such as small uprisings and such. I often take risks, but usally manage to succed, and am a weapons expert.

Edited by MacK

great, mack! good story. flatfoot thompsen, could you please show us a pic of your character? remember, make it SW related, and provide some background please. :wink:

now im wondering if we should start it...before people lose intrest...

ok people, deadline for joining in the first chapter is May 1.