Sign in to follow this  
Knightsword

New Custom X-Wings

indexed.gif

The black one was inspired by member of my RPG gaming group's Star Wars RPG character's X-Wing. The red one is from a pic of different textures/paint jobs for X-Wings in Star Wars Galaxies. Lastly the white and black one was inspired by my own Star Wars RPG Character's Delta-7 Jedi Starfighter.

Changed/Updated pics on 01/19/2009

First Custom, Black

X-WingTop_zps1261aefb.jpg

X-WingFront_zps476863a1.jpg

X-WingRightSide_zps1bd24f81.jpg

Second Custom, Red and Black

X-wing2Front.JPG

X-Wing2Top_zps1e15d8b6.jpg

X-Wing2Front_zps05bd6fe6.jpg

X-Wing2RightSide_zps78b43b1f.jpg

X-Wing2LeftSide.JPG

X-Wing2Rear.JPG

X-Wing2RightSide.JPG

Third custom, White and Black

X-Wing3Front.JPG

X-Wing3Top_zps72a11fea.jpg

X-Wing3Front_zps877b1543.jpg

X-Wing3RightSide_zps1e5c00c2.jpg

X-Wing3LeftSide.JPG

X-Wing3AttackPosition.JPG

Edited by Knightsword

They're pretty smart. Are they from any SW story or are just done for the hell of it?

The one criticism is that the grey brackets and white rubber bands stand out. They could really do with matching the colour schemes.

Yup bricklink all the way, cept for a few bits here and there, as for the neck brackets, other colors are hard to get, though the ones on the white and black one are gonna be changed to black. Thanks for the comments.

The color scheme of both of your X-wings works really great, and that MOD for the rear landing gear´s simple yet very neat too, well done. :thumbup:

The red X-Wing was inspired from a pic of different possible color options from Star Wars Galaxies, a red body with a dark colored nose and the rear part of the engines. I added the side and wing "stripes" and went with black laser cannons, over the white/gray ones in the pic.

The white and black X-Wing was inspired from the Delta-7 I had done, that belongs to a Star Wars RPG character of mine.

The landing gear mod was really a no-brainer, it is where they are located on the real thing. Still even moved they don't help very much with the front landing gear staying up at an angle, though thats more of a flaw of the ratchet pieces if any thing.

And again thanks for the comments, haven't been able to get to a place that carries rubber bands that size in black yet, so I been using the type that TLG uses. I'm waiting on 2 black neck studs (already have 2). for the white and black one, to replace the light blay ones. As for the red one I would like to get red ones for it, but to get them through Bricklink shops would be pricey. The black ratchet bricks for the cockpit on the white and black one will be replaced with white when I get the parts from Germany.

Thinking about it though I might go with the black neck studs for the red and get some white ones for the other, hmm.

i count two x-wings, vaders son. oh wait, did he do a black one before?

anyway, nice mocs! i actually like the white one the best. :thumbup:

There's another topic where you can see the third X-Wing Knightsword made.

Counting a red, a black and a white one I came to think there is a total of 3 X-Wings :wink:

Benny

That black T-65 could almost pass for the EU StealthX's in some of the later SW novels... if I were flying an X-wing, I'd probably have it painted similar to that. Nice work!