Review: 7625 Indiana Jones - River Chase

Set ref: 7625

Name: River Chase

Number of minifigs: 4

Number of pieces: unknown

Price: 22,90€

A general view of the set:

7625_01.jpg

We’ve got an amphibious vehicle, a small boat, an observation post and a dark green croco (so beautiful! :blush: ). For the figs, we’ve got Indy of course, Marion and two Russian soldiers, nothing special here.

In the back of the tree, there is a box, to put some things:

7625_03.jpg

The amphibious vehicle is very nice! The proportions are really great (not too big, not too small) and there are a lot of details everywhere, like the propeller:

A back view:

7625_02.jpg

An inside view:

7625_04.jpg

The small boat is a dark grey Zodiac, but the details are nice too, giving it a retro look, in the same way of all the Indy vehicles:

7625_05.jpg

The outpost has a net to permit to the bad guys to capture some nice guys and girls…

But it seems that the girl Marion is scared of the nice croco!

7625_06.jpg

So Indy comes and help her pushing the Technic axle with this round inversed tiles, which push out the net and capture the croco. Now Marion feels happier!

7625_07.jpg

And she takes a can of oil and whacks the poor croco, without defences! Who has said Marion is a nice girl?

7625_08.jpg

So, I’ve bought this set like an add on to my city. In fact, the elements of this set can easily be integrated in a town layout. I plan to use the outpost for my forest section, and the amphibious vehicle is always a nice touch of originality in a layout.

Yes you can use all those military things without creating an army in a layout: just put the violent parts out, and you’ve got nice things, like a biologist car in the case of the amphibious vehicle!

Is that a laptop it's on? Does it come with the set? :tongue:

Seriously though, it looks liek it has some good pieces, particularily the soldier's clothing and the crocodile hehe.

Hooray for new Indy sets, lets hope the film is as good (it will be).

:skull:

Nice review, I like what I'm seeing in this set. I liked the little comic, Marion should be arrested though :hmpf_bad:

nice little review here alex, i like your idea to make the aquatic car into one for a geologist!

I really like the little details in this set such as the little petrol can and the propeller at the back of the car, a must buy in my view!

thanks again! :wink:

Set ref: 7625 Name: River Chase

I swear it is supposed to have Stickers on the Side of the Car, Boat, Oil canister and Windscreen?

I like this set, looks Brill! :classic:

I swear it is supposed to have Stickers on the Side of the Car, Boat, Oil canister and Windscreen?

I expect it does, but alex54 has left them off it, like I do.

:skull:

wow, this is a fantastic set, I love the Dark Green croc and other features. Marion is good to have again and I love her new torso, and those commies look great as well. Thanks for the review alex54.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I plan to use the outpost for my forest section, and the amphibious vehicle is always a nice touch of originality in a layout.

Yes you can use all those military things without creating an army in a layout: just put the violent parts out, and you’ve got nice things, like a biologist car in the case of the amphibious vehicle!

Or just put it up on blocks next to a trailer and you've got a nice trailer-trash section of town...

Steve

...commies look great as well.

Haha! Commies :sweet:

This set really looks great. I really see what you were saying about the whole retro thing. Reminds me a bit of a Dino Island set, myself. Except without the dinosaurs. Always without the dinosaurs... :cry_sad::tongue:

This is a must get, does anyone know when these will be released in the US?

<Faramir-<

Edited by Faramir

What are those bricks with the guns attached supposed to be? Great review and set btw...

My favorite part of this is prob the amphibious vehicle! Looks really neat!

Nice to see another (different) torso for Marion...

Sweet review again, Alex! Great pictures, I loved the little comic with the croc. :grin: You're quite right here too:

Without the gun, that vehicle is a nice little amphibious car with a tent (I assume) strapped to it, some tools, a spare tire...

The little tree hut is quite cool, and a nice touch with the box in behind there. I love the design for those gasoline cans too. :thumbup:

Thanks again, Alex! You're lucky to be getting these sets! :laugh:

~Peace

Thanks for the review! I really like this little-ish set, quite alot of detail, it reminds me of sets from the late 90's :sweet: More Soviets are always welcome too, and the new torso for Marion is nice, as is the new dark green alligator :wub: All of the neat little accesories are great too, a cup, shovel, binoculars and of course the cans of gasoline :thumbup:

Again, thanks for the review, alex :classic:

Is that a laptop it's on? Does it come with the set? :tongue:

Yes it's a laptop, and it was in the set! When I opened it, I understood why this little box was so heavy! :tongue:

Asus is my official sponsor, so I have to show the logo! :tongue:

I have to add that I don't have put on the stickers...

Great review Alex :thumbup: After seeing these pics i'm really looking forward to getting this set, i really like how lego has designed the gas tank :laugh: that's just so good.

Finally a different shade of green for the croc, it's about time and more than welcome.

The vehicle looks good and a fun build, though i'm not that fond of that commie tree :wacko:

Merci Beaucoup for the great review Alex !!

Where did you get the sets ?

That set is called River Chase :wink:

This is a great set !! I love the amphibious vehicle with all the darj green part !! I agree with you that the the dark green croc is fantastic !!

I'm also happy to have a dark bley Zodiac and a new Marion Torso.

That "tree hut" is a fun feature where the playability doesn't screw the design !!

I really love the commies !! Its fun how Lego reuses those fleshie heads and I really don't mind at all. So its evil for evil since one of the commie has the zazi face :laugh:

I also love the ptrol cans !! ingenious !!

I still have rants on that set:

* Why oh why another similar Indy !! Arghhh I can't stand it !!

* Why oh why the same Marion head !!

Can't wait to have those sets !!

:yoda:

What are those bricks with the guns attached supposed to be? Great review and set btw...

Some people have obliquely mentioned this in their responses to the set/review, but to specifically answer your question, it's supposed to be a jerrycan, a.k.a. a gasoline (petrol) container...

A very fine review of a really great set, thanks alex! :thumbup:

This set has everything, a croc, very nice MFs, a neat tree trap, a cool zodiac and a marvelous and very detailed amphibious car in a beautiful color scheme. :wub:

The only thing I´m not colpletely sure is the design of that jerrycan (thanks for the right word and the interesting link, Kingboy :thumbup: ). Although the

use of the revolver´s pretty clever indeed and fits well too, it´s still clearly, well, a revolver.... very unusual and interesting for an official TLC design. :look:

This set looks good. About the jerry cans, I like how they give me more pistols. This may be the only Indy set I get from this batch. I'll just have to deal with the fleshie heads... (Exchange them for yellow.)

Like Stealth Hunter said. This will be good for army building.

Silent Help