Sign in to follow this  
Tohst

Harry Potter MOC - North Tower

Wow! That is fantastic! The roof is an amazing example of SNOT, and I love the spiral staircase. Absolutely amazing work! :grin:

Struth! Look at all dem stairs! *huh* Really though, that looks great, it's so massive, and the roof is very cleverly done! Great job! :thumbup:

~Peace

Thanks for the kind words.

The roof went through 3 major rebuilds and looks very different from my original thought. On close inspection there are still imperfections (such as the occasional white or other color peeking through) but there comes a time when I just couldn't pull it all apart again.

-Tohst

Wowsa, that looks like some hard work has taken place there. Great tower, the stairs are amazing and the roof is cool. HP Moc's are great. Thanks.

Oh and I love your chamber too.

What an impressive and marvelous work.... the whole tower looks amazingly beautiful! :cry_happy:

The way you incorporated these windows to the structure of the tower looks smooth, and the winding staircase´s very

well done indeed, and the red works great. That towerette looks like a neat and charming addition too, although it doesn´t

fit completely with the scale or realistic approach of the tower, perhaps.... :classic:

WOW! I'm so into Harry Potter, and I see you are too. That is a really amazing tower! I am about to build my own Hogwarts, and what I see here is encouraging me... This is something I want to build too, but yours is so perfect. I simply don't have those techniques.

The staircase and the roof are more than awesome. Good work!

Are you gonna make more of these buildings? :classic:

Edited by Matn

I can only say that this tower is a true beauty, really looks great. Nice cone roof.

Front

Are you gonna make more of these buildings? :classic:

Yes! Now if I could only win the lottery I'd have the time to work on them in a timely fashion. By the time I finish the next one the 8th movie will have come and gone. I'd really like to do the entrance to Hogwart's with steps leading up to the great hall. And maybe some landscaping and...and...and...okay, so I need the lottery to afford the pieces too. And thanks because people looking forward to more work by me and it encouraging them is probably the nicest feedback I could get.

That towerette looks like a neat and charming addition too, although it doesn´t

fit completely with the scale or realistic approach of the tower, perhaps.... :classic:

I completely agree and I agonized over whether to include it or not. But I couldn't help but picture a little wizard in that tower working on something (well something small) that was so dangerous he didn't want to put the rest of the castle at risk. The mental image of just that pit of the tower blowing up or melting or being covered in plants or dissapearing was too much for me to pass up. Plus the engineer in me liked the challenge of getting it to stick out like that without (too much) droop.

Oh and I love your chamber too.

Thanks! Be sure to read the photo titles on those three pictures. The (lack of) humor is the best part.

Again, thanks for the comments. They are always appreciated. I'm hoping to have time this week and next to furnish it so I'll let you know when those pictures are up.

-Tohst

Wow, just, *oh2* wow *oh2*

Incredible, I really like the structure and all those stairs, imagine slipping on a wet floor right at the very top :laugh:

That looks very nice. Was the north tower not the tower of the ravenclaws?

BTW: I also like your version of the statue of Salazar.

That,sir, is awesome. The detail is amazing, and being a harry potter fan, I can tell its very accurate. Great job.