hollisbrick

Bionicle flogging a dead horse

Is bionicle flogging a dead horse?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should bionicle go?

• Yes, leave the poor dead horse alone and stop beating it
    • No (various reasons for this)
    • It's alright...some of the new ones are pretty good i guess (mayby)

Actually I used to be ubsessed until they keeped on making more and more and more then i got over it..

I actually didn't atart hatng them until 7 months ago when i came out of a mini dark age and I saw that they were still around.

Really? Well, then I guess I WAS wrong. :blush: Good to see that you understand now, anyway. :classic:

As long as Bionicle is selling well, it obviously makes sense to keep the line going. That means there are still a lot of fans out there. I've never been interested in it even though I'm a big Technic fan (actually, I think it should have a separate subforum from Technic/Mindstorms, as they have almost nothing in common), but that's just me.

Nothing's flogged if it has great innovation. Much as I hated Exo, they tried 5 times harder than Bionicle did to survive. Lego has made no effort to stop flogging, but I remember and love many of the older Bionicle characters, from way back when I was 6. I loved the Rahi and Toa, but only got 4 toa and no Rahi. No sense in buying that stuff now.

I dont really think it is flogging one

it was up until about 2006 when it never caught my attention but i have to say the set designs have far improved since 2006

and I think lego is doing a good jobwith this line making alot of money,I got into the line in late 2007 when the sets appeared good to me and the story line too

I don't see why you started this flaming topic there are some useless posts in my opinon

My 2 cents :sadnew:

actually, I think it should have a separate subforum from Technic/Mindstorms, as they have almost nothing in common

It would be nice, but there really isn't enough interest on EB for that.

Like many others, I say keep it around. A fan of a company isn't obliged to love every product line it produces, even if it is an ongoing theme. This could be compared to other companies aswell, toy or anything related. Just look at hot wheels. They've been producing vehicles for how long? :blush:

Anyways, I see no reason to really get rid of it otherwise. The youngster's buy it up, and, there are older fans who get them too. If we got rid of bionicle, what would we make in place?

Oh. And think of the idea in general. Action figures you buy, but when you get bored of them, you can combine, take apart, build to super giant's.. the thought at this makes me want to take a crack at my old bionicle building days.

It's a cool theme, just not my forte, and, it's making money. 'Nuff said, it will not die. :wink: