Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Interactive Apocalypse Part 4.5: Xenu's Sea Fortress

Hello and welcome back to Interactive Apocalypse! *skull*

p1220567.jpg

If you STILL haven't noticed this exciting adventure, here is a LOAD of backstory for you to eat up:

The Introduction

Part 1 - Safe Season

Part 1.5 - Strangers

Part 2 - Surviving

Part 2.5 - The Deadzone

Part 3 - Mistakes

Part 3.5 - Captured

Part 4 - Where Loyalties Lie

Last time you voted to go back and rescue your girl and vehicles, as well as get a wooden leg. The journey was long and dangerous, but you managed to get back to your old base in time. You quickly convinced a shocked Sondra to bring the ATV and Jeep out, each of you driving them to the East in search of the rumoured second survivor clan. It was this moment that brought you most sadness, as Sammy the Weaver had to be let go, he would slow you down too much:

p1210137.jpg

On the horizon as you left you could see Dragonator's team descending upon your base, seems they thought you would head back east too. Then you spied something monstrous, a horrible machination of Dragonator's, massive, and on wheels....

After surviving an attack by The Swarm and a vicious Trondosaur attack you reached the most amazing sight you had ever seen: The Ocean!

It was beautiful, and after a long drive along it you spied what you came to find: The second survivor base!

p1220505.jpg

After carefully avoiding a clan of Sky Reavers in the clouds (see down for them), you found a way down the cliffside and on to the beach. The sand was green and disgusting, but the base was just offshore:

p1220506.jpg

It was well fortified, much more than your old base, and its water location kept it out of The Swarm's way:

p1220507.jpg

After scanning the beach you found a raft to take you there, as you, nor Sondra, could swim:

p1220508.jpg

Before getting in the raft you left the ATV and Jeep well hidden behind a rock wall:

p1220509.jpg

You and Sondra, though both hardened survivors, were both nervous at the thought of who could be in the base:

p1220510.jpg

After all, Dragonator had tortured you, and was a maniac, there might be Mutants, members of The Swarm there, or some other terrible person:

p1220511.jpg

But you continued on, this might be the only safe place left for you, as Dragonator was a powerful foe, and your decision to betray him came at a most terrible cost...

p1220512.jpg

The Sea Fortress:

p1220513.jpg

I'm really happy with it, I think I have bested my other IA creations:

p1220514.jpg

The front, with hanging skeleton, drawgate, boat dock, guard dog, fishing rods, equipment and more:

p1220520.jpg

The side dock with boats, side entrance (the weak point), rat, oars, equipment and spider web:

p1220523.jpg

Rear area dock, with defense gun, hanging skeletons, rear door, fishing rod, shark, ladders, spider web and dock section:

p1220529.jpg

Door closed and Door open.

The mass of support beams underneath:

p1220538.jpg

The top section, with defense guns, carrot torches, equipment and guns galore, beds, ladders, chains, stairs and decapitated heads:

p1220543.jpg

p1220545.jpg

Crude bed in the middle here:

p1220551.jpg

Boiling pot and tower inside:

p1220554.jpg

Top floor with crude bed, chair, equipment, torches and ladders:

p1220562.jpg

And now, the inside, with maps, food, staircase, spider, rat, crude beds, table, chairs, equipment and more:

p1220544.jpg

The side dock side, with ladder to top floor, side door, rubbish basket and crude bed:

p1220582.jpg

Other side with equipment, food, rat, spare basket, two crude beds, table and gas can:

p1220577.jpg

Front door open and side door open.

The whole thing again:

p1220586.jpg

A normal day shot and Another.

Stumbling aboard the Fortress, Sondra close by, you were quickly surrounded by a group of survivors. Before they attacked, a familiar voice sounded, telling them it was okay, as their leader revealed himself to be the one and only Commander Xenu!

p1200650.jpg

Though you had rebuked his offer to join his base many moons ago you now see it would have been a wise choice. Still, he welcomes you to the team:

Arlene, his strong willed wife.

Piranha, the only friendly mutant known, who can breathe underwater but has difficulty above, hence the breathing apparatus. (Thanks to Piranha for letting me use him)

Sparks, the engineer, she is a kind girl who lacks fighting skill but makes up for it in sheer technical genius.

Ian Ded, a cybernetics expert who made himself a robot arm after being infected by a Weezlet (there you go Hinck, someone touched one! :-P , and thanks to iamded for letting me use him)

Yin Katara, a nervous woman who has some skill in bladery, and is Piranha's girlfriend.

Skeets Murthog, the teams strategist, lost his legs to a Swarm attack and with the help of Ian Ded now uses a floating platform. Side view of him.

Captain McCoy, the light spirited but tough captain of the small boat fleet.

And Weapons Bot 99, their defense bot, though they welcome your better one, which was brought by ATV.

And a couple of new creatures for you.

Firstly, the Zebra Eel. Named after the nearly forgotten striped animal for its black and white patterning, the Zebra Eel is a fast but stupid fish that is very good to eat, and often fished for by Commander Xenu's team:

p1220617.jpg

The Sky Reaver:

p1220620.jpg

A terrifying creature that eats its prey by literally tearing them to shreds by swooping down with a fixed open jaw. It is a strange creature, its lack of feet and strong wings make it a permanent flyer, never resting. It is found over the sea:

p1220622.jpg

Another shot, this is one of my favourite animals so far:

p1220629.jpg

And lastly, the Giant Two-Bird:

p1220631.jpg

A distant cousin of the more terrifying Black Dragon, the Giant Two-Bird is an awkward creature:

p1220633.jpg

A massive bird found across the known coast, often across large cliff faces where they nest:

p1220636.jpg

Notorious for their two heads, and odd wings, these giants are a sight to behold:

p1220639.jpg

Don't get close though, looks can fool, a threatened Two-Bird WILL attack:

p1220635.jpg

But as you celebrate to a better life away from Dragonator, away from The Swarm, and with the woman you love, you hear a thundering sound in the distance.

Scrambling to the top of the Fortress with a periscope, Xenu looks back at you after viewing whatever it was, with a look of uncharacteristic horror and hatred.

"You imbecile!", he screams at you, "Going back to your old base was a fool's errand, they followed you!"

In horror you too look through the periscope to see the thing that scares him so much. You do see something, a monstrous thing with wheels....

Can you survive?

p1220658.jpg

Hope you enjoyed and comments appreciated!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Huzzah! What a kick-megabloks base! :-D That thing is really fantastic, I love it! It's so cool, all the defence turrets, ladders, equipment, crates and barrels, the strong look of it, the fact it's on the water, those awesome boats, the neat scenery, the doggy, the Sky Reaver, the characters, they're all very really fantastic! :-D :-D I love it! *wub* And I'm in it! Yaaaay! :-D Looking forward to the next episode so very much! Decisions to be made, a giant wheeled contraption to be revealed, probably a cool fight, I can't wait! :'-) Fantastic job, Batbrick! *y* *y*

~Peace

... I'm left speechless! (Well, for a few seconds, anyway :-P )

Wait, what I meant to say was: *knight* Haha! You shall never escape! Muhahaha! >:-) *skull*

That is amazing Batbrick! An awesome effort, I don't know where to begin! This unknown thing on wheels sounds interesting... >:-)

The base is simply... wow. Details galore! I will point out just a few of the bits I like. ;-) Firstly, chains! They're everywhere! Go chains! :-P The fact that the place is out on the water is kinda cool, I like the way you've built it up on the pylons, with the dock extending around it. The actual base is just stunning! *wub* Firstly, it is well designed, with a strong architectural plan. I like how you used the wooden panels, it is hard to use large pieces like that without making it look to dull, and this certainly isn't dull! Another nice use of bars etc, that all adds to the re-used parts feeling. And then the details. Ladders, treasure chests full of interesting goods, cobwebs, torches, random skulls, chains, more ladders, weapons, barrels, guard dog, shark ( :-P ). It is all just overwhelming! Nice use of green plant elements too, and the skeletons look neat. X-D Really top notch! Oh, and the boats are really nice too, I like the guns that are attached, and they just seem to fit right on in.

Now on to the minifigs. These are all really great. I love the various choices of torso and head, they are all very fitting. The hovering platform is really well built, and a nice use of the dwarf beards. My one criticisms is that one in blue with the robot arm, Ian Ded, he looks a little shifty, I think he should be dealt with... :-P

The brick built creatures are once again really awesome. Your building skills have become something remarkable, 'cause these are just fantastic. *sweet* I really like the two-headed bird, nice colour scheme, and the Sky Reaver is definitely my current favourite (excepting the Black Dragon, because dragons always come first ;-) )

There is so much more I could rave on about, but I had better keep control. I need chocolate... 8-|

Once again, a great effort, this was definitely well worth the wait! *y* I can't wait for the voting part! X-D

And now a message from your sponsor: *knight* You wont escape! I'll get you! I'll get you all! Where's my wife? I still haven't met her... 8-| Anyway, be warned! I will be victorious! *insert crazy genocidal homicidal maniac laughter* >:-)

:-D

Wow! It's so weird and scary, with all these skeletons and apocaliptic things... >:-)

I love it! *wub* lol

Wow, that Sea Fortress looks wonderful! *y*

An impressive construction, very distinct, and it adds some special adventure charm to your post-apoc scenery, somehow. :'-)

That offshore location´s a very good idea for a new setup, with many fascinating and exciting possibilities, and all these neat water crafts

are really nice. Your new creatures fit very well too, especially your plain cool Sky Reaver and that interesting Giant Two-Bird. Now I´m

looking out for the attack of the monstrous mutated kraken.... 8-|

All your MF characters look very good and well thought out too.... just let your incredible story grow on! *sweet*

That... base... is ... awesome! (Kept you in suspense there!)

There's far to many lovely details in there for me to evaluate. Just take it from me, they all rock. You've nailed the post-apoc feel with this one.

Your creatures are brilliant as well. I like the twobird the most, dunno why. It's just cool.

Excellent job, look forward to the poll.

a monstrous thing with wheels....

Ah, MOBILE DEVASTATOR! 8-|

Anyway, another great episode.

That base looks great!

Keep up the great work on these!

-Alex

Great job Batbrick I always look foward to the next update of Interactive Apocalypse. THe base is great its my favroite MOC you've made so far the charecters are also well done they look like apcocaylypse surivors. I wonder if we'll see a large battle soon between Xenu, and Dragonator. Can't wait for the poll *sweet* .

Wow, I love this new base!

Glad we have the girl now too. You're really making me wonder about this wheeled vehicle; I want to see a picture of it!! Could you post a teaser picture of the WIP which I'm sure you're working on right now?

Where's the poll? *sing*

The poll is in every second part, after I've shown what I've made since.

Huzzah! What a kick-megabloks base! :-D That thing is really fantastic, I love it! It's so cool, all the defence turrets, ladders, equipment, crates and barrels, the strong look of it, the fact it's on the water, those awesome boats, the neat scenery, the doggy, the Sky Reaver, the characters, they're all very really fantastic! :-D :-D I love it! *wub* And I'm in it! Yaaaay! :-D Looking forward to the next episode so very much! Decisions to be made, a giant wheeled contraption to be revealed, probably a cool fight, I can't wait! :'-) Fantastic job, Batbrick! *y* *y*

Wow! Thanks a heap iamded, I'm really glad you like it. You are possibly right in expecting a cool fight, we''l have to wait and see. Thanks again, glad to have you as a part of it.

... I'm left speechless! (Well, for a few seconds, anyway)

Wait, what I meant to say was: Haha! You shall never escape! Muhahaha!

That is amazing Batbrick! An awesome effort, I don't know where to begin! This unknown thing on wheels sounds interesting...

The base is simply... wow. Details galore! I will point out just a few of the bits I like. ;-) Firstly, chains! They're everywhere! Go chains! :-P The fact that the place is out on the water is kinda cool, I like the way you've built it up on the pylons, with the dock extending around it. The actual base is just stunning! Firstly, it is well designed, with a strong architectural plan. I like how you used the wooden panels, it is hard to use large pieces like that without making it look to dull, and this certainly isn't dull! Another nice use of bars etc, that all adds to the re-used parts feeling. And then the details. Ladders, treasure chests full of interesting goods, cobwebs, torches, random skulls, chains, more ladders, weapons, barrels, guard dog, shark ( :-P ). It is all just overwhelming! Nice use of green plant elements too, and the skeletons look neat. Really top notch! Oh, and the boats are really nice too, I like the guns that are attached, and they just seem to fit right on in.

Now on to the minifigs. These are all really great. I love the various choices of torso and head, they are all very fitting. The hovering platform is really well built, and a nice use of the dwarf beards. My one criticisms is that one in blue with the robot arm, Ian Ded, he looks a little shifty, I think he should be dealt with... :-P

The brick built creatures are once again really awesome. Your building skills have become something remarkable, 'cause these are just fantastic. I really like the two-headed bird, nice colour scheme, and the Sky Reaver is definitely my current favourite (excepting the Black Dragon, because dragons always come first ;-) )

There is so much more I could rave on about, but I had better keep control. I need chocolate...

Once again, a great effort, this was definitely well worth the wait! *y* I can't wait for the voting part!

And now a message from your sponsor: You wont escape! I'll get you! I'll get you all! Where's my wife? I still haven't met her... 8-| Anyway, be warned! I will be victorious! *insert crazy genocidal homicidal maniac laughter*

Woah.....Thanks dragonator for the huge paragraph! :-D I'm overjoyed youl ike my base, you are right, those wall panel pieces make it very hard to create a non-plain thing so thanks for noting that it isn't. Thanks for your comments on the boats too, I forgot to post the pics of them, here they are:

p1220598.jpg

p1220608.jpg

p1220614.jpg

Don't worry, you may get to deal with Ian Ded at a later date! Thanks again again again, I was hoping I improved on the brickbuilt creatures, of course you'll stay with the Black Dragon though X-D

As for the rolling thing, we'll see, I plan to make it very cool hopefully...And you DO have a wife : Clicly!

Wow, that Sea Fortress looks wonderful! *y*

An impressive construction, very distinct, and it adds some special adventure charm to your post-apoc scenery, somehow. :'-)

That offshore location´s a very good idea for a new setup, with many fascinating and exciting possibilities, and all these neat water crafts

are really nice. Your new creatures fit very well too, especially your plain cool Sky Reaver and that interesting Giant Two-Bird. Now I´m

looking out for the attack of the monstrous mutated kraken.... 8-|

All your MF characters look very good and well thought out too.... just let your incredible story grow on! *sweet*

Thanks as always Asuka, thanks for the Kraken idea, I'll give it a shot.

I agree the water location is a nice change, thanks for noting that, I'm trying to expand this world as much as possible.

Wow, I love this new base!

Glad we have the girl now too. You're really making me wonder about this wheeled vehicle; I want to see a picture of it!! Could you post a teaser picture of the WIP which I'm sure you're working on right now?

Thanks clonecommander007, I'm glad you like it. I haven't actually started the vehicle yet, but for plot purposes the Waterbase MUSt remain built when I've finished the wheeled contraption. I can tell you what kind of wheel it uses though, the viking ones in the second year sets, those huge bley ones *skull*

Thanks all for your comments!

Of course, you find the kick butt base once I'm dead :-|

This is awesome Batbrick! I love how packed with details this is *wub*

Those boats are awesome looking, so are the figs!

*sweet*

You won't let that go, will you?

Well, I finally love how you are making things better for our generic character!

*Reads the last line*

Oh, geez.....

*sweet*

Don't worry, maybe Batbrick can arrange to have your head found and stuck on a pole. :-P

Good job, Batbrick! The fortress is great, and it's cool to see members as characters. *y* Looking forward to seeing the giant rolling...thing. ;-)

mando_helmet_2.png (Hmm, how do I castle-ify this thing? 8-| )

Man Batbrick, you've done it again. X-D

Seriously, that's an incredible sight to behold with a massive amount of details. *wub*

This is awesome Batbrick! I love how packed with details this is *wub*

Those boats are awesome looking, so are the figs!

Thanks a heap Exobuilder, I'm so glad you're dead! *skull*

You won't let that go, will you?

Well, I finally love how you are making things better for our generic character!

*Reads the last line*

Oh, geez.....

:-D , thats hilarious!

Don't worry, maybe Batbrick can arrange to have your head found and stuck on a pole. :-P

Good job, Batbrick! The fortress is great, and it's cool to see members as characters. *y* Looking forward to seeing the giant rolling...thing. ;-)

Thanks Mr. Mandalorian, i'm really glad you commented. Thanks for your words, I'm sure I'll find a way to bring Exobuilder back...

Man Batbrick, you've done it again. X-D

Seriously, that's an incredible sight to behold with a massive amount of details. *wub*

Thanks Zero, much appreciated.

Why is it that you have to be such a good builder, Batbrick? ;-)

Practice my friend, though I think I am not that skilled, I just love post-apoc :-$

Thanks again everyone, you are all so kind!

I really like the new base *wub* . And it's good to see more good survivors.

On the other hand... poor Sammy :'-(

Btw, is it just me, or do I sense a battle against Lord Dragonator's band in the air 8-| ?

Kepp it up, Batbrick *y*

LuxorV

Yet another great I.A.! I love the new base *wub* once again you did a great job *y* I expect the next one to be up quick being that most of Aus. is on holidays unless it is different in Victoria?

Thanks Mr. Mandalorian, i'm really glad you commented. Thanks for your words, I'm sure I'll find a way to bring Exobuilder back...

Like I said, stuck on a pole... ;-)

mando_helmet_viking_2.png

I really like the new base *wub* . And it's good to see more good survivors.

On the other hand... poor Sammy :'-(

Btw, is it just me, or do I sense a battle against Lord Dragonator's band in the air 8-| ?

Kepp it up, Batbrick *y*

Thanks LuxorV! I'm glad someone is sad about Sammy *laugh* *cry_sad*

And yes, a battle will begin soon....probably....

Yet another great I.A.! I love the new base *wub* once again you did a great job *y* I expect the next one to be up quick being that most of Aus. is on holidays unless it is different in Victoria?

Thanks hollisbrick, I will try to begin making the wheeled doom-thingy as soon as I can, but right now I am not on holidays. I don't live in Victoria either, I'm a Tasmanian *tongue*

Like I said, stuck on a pole... ;-)

Actually, I think i may do that...

I would also like to inform people that the next voting part (the next IA thread) will be the first full integer (no .'s in them) part to both have a vote and show a creation, as the voting depends on you seeing Dragonator's weapon. I'm sure you're all scared, but don't worry, dragonator loves being a homicidal genocidal maniac *grin*

Batbrick Away! *devil*

Hmmm, I do like being a genocidal homicidal maniac... *blush* *tongue*

Don't worry I'm only going to eliminate you... *skull*

To the Dragonator Wheel-thingy-of-doom!!! *devil* Muhahaha! *laugh*

By the way, I'm sad to see Sammy go too, he was a great mate of yours... *cry_sad* Although I was planning on killing him as well as you anyway... *oh3* *wink*

Thanks hollisbrick, I will try to begin making the wheeled doom-thingy as soon as I can, but right now I am not on holidays. I don't live in Victoria either, I'm a Tasmanian *tongue*

Batbrick Away! *devil*

My bad *blush* I thought you were someone else *wacko* Now i know where you live your gonna feel what it feels like to be stalked *skull*

I figured coming here may lead to a huge battle.This base is just pure genius and great, far better than my post-apoc creations. I just have one question. Can the thing on wheels even get to them if they're in water? Can't wait for part 4.5 *classic*

Can't wait for part 4.5 *classic*

Don't you mean part 5?

P.S.- I'm all for Exobuilder returning as a decapitated head.