Hinckley

The Elflands Contest

Hey, you missed the final V :hmpf_bad: ! That's definetly me you're speaking about! :grin:

Well the post was meant to stir him, and I like you, unless you want to be an enemy.... :look:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Entry posted. I just realised I used the same hair technique as LegoJoe.. :blush:

Good luck to everyone! :sweet:

No, what it sounds like is a certain admin about to go off the deep end. :wacko:

(I swear, it's the third time he's misidentified someone in a thread in the past day or so)

Speaking of which, I, ImperialScouts, fully endorse this post. :thumbup:

Was I called? :look::blush:

Hi everybody! I am about to post my entry and am counting the pieces right now. I need some help with that, though!

How many pieces is a skellie? Is a treasure cove 1 or 2 pieces? And does a cape count as a piece?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Well the post was meant to stir him, and I like you, unless you want to be an enemy.... :look:

Just joking. I don't want to be an enemy to anybody :sweet: .

LuxorV

Hi everybody! I am about to post my entry and am counting the pieces right now. I need some help with that, though!

How many pieces is a skellie? Is a treasure cove 1 or 2 pieces? And does a cape count as a piece?

a skellie is three and a cape is one :wink:

a skellie is three and a cape is one :wink:

Alright, I thought so, thanks!

Well, my entry is posted! Hope you like it! I was going for a magical look as the only thing we know about the elflands is that it is a "deep woodland of mystery and magic", and I am quite happy with it, even though it ended up looking very belvillish. :hmpf_bad: Oh well, it's my first castle/fantasy MOC after all :hmpf: (except for my Hogwarts MOC! :sweet: ).

Good job, everyone, there are some beautiful entries out there! :sweet: I will probably not be able to compete with most of ya! :hmpf_bad::tongue:

Please tell me what you think and if my piece count is off! :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

My entry is now posted. I hope that some people here will like it. :classic:

I wanted to make a small, hidden and cosy border post for the elves.

PS: Many thanks to my beloved girlfriend for helping with the box pic with her Photoshop skills :blush::wub:

Edited by Nikola Bathory

My entry is almost complete, I just need to order a few parts off of bricklink and take some photos. I need a net from the batcave set and some leafs. I think I emulated the style of an official set quite nicely.

Contest ON! :thumbup:

very nice entries from everyone i just have 1 question for svelte_corps, what torso is that your are using for the nymph is it a custom or an acutal lego torso if so what set is it from i really like the design of it

very nice entries from everyone i just have 1 question for svelte_corps, what torso is that your are using for the nymph is it a custom or an acutal lego torso if so what set is it from i really like the design of it

Hi Naith, the torso is from the new Speed Racer 8161 Grand Prix, from the 'Gray Ghost' fig I think. It's very nice, all decorated with chains! Great for a castle torturer or Houdini too!

I don't think this question belongs in this thread though, mods may want to move these posts back to the contest discussion...

Awesome entries so far guys! You have 3 more days and no extensions will be given for this contest...*cough* UB *cough*

cool elves rule! Ill try my best!

Sorry, the contest closed last week. You can vote for you favorite entry here.

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who voted for me! I was very surprised and thrilled that so many people liked my little scene.

All the entries were great and I picked up a few techniques I'll be using in my own foresty type MOCs in future :classic:

Thanks also to Hinckley for being such a benevolent and wise Elflands contest runner. Hopefully the serial killer of Histeria Lane hasn't run amok whilst your attention has been diverted :tongue:

svelte_corps congrats! :sweet: I am sure your MOC had recieved well-deserved votes!

Will be looking forward to your foresty type MOCs. I am interested in such MOC and hope I am able to learn some from you :blush:

Congratulations svelte-corps! Yours was a great moc and truly deserved to win. Thanks Graynar and the mystery other who voted for me, greatly appreciated. Though I did awful in the votes I'm still happy with my entry, I wouldn't change it :classic:

Hmm, it seems I forgot to vote... :blush:

Congratulations svelte_corps, I loved your entry - the lifting water is very nice, and the details great :wub:

Thanks to those who voted for me too, and to Hinckley for the fun contest :sweet:

What was the prize?

It's this:

elf_prize.jpg

And it's on it's way to your house, svelte_corps. Please let me know when it makes it.