Natman8000

One step closer

Ok, so as most of you know lego is going to be producing sets from the new star wars game- The force Unleashed. never before has lego made sets from a video game before. Im not saying lego is going to start making super mario and donkey kong, but what im saying is, is that more great sets can come from other games. not just star wars but say oh I dont know, tomb raider or somthing. I would like to hear opinions, ideas or just say my idea is just plain stupid.( not that id want you to though)

Well, TLC has enough license themes as it is. I can see them doing Star Wars since they already have a license. Plus, video games are hard to make in lego since they are mostly character based. Star wars has a lot of vehicles, but the Force Unleashed game revolves completely around the force. :-| I think the Rouge Shadow will be the only set from it. At least I hope so, the game looks :-X

On the contrary, I think the game looks amazing. And The Force Unleashed is a major event thingy; they have graphic novels and toys and LEGO and action figures and everything tied into it. So yeah, I reckon there'll be a couple more sets when the game is actually released in September.

TK

On the contrary, I think the game looks amazing. And The Force Unleashed is a major event thingy; they have graphic novels and toys and LEGO and action figures and everything tied into it. So yeah, I reckon there'll be a couple more sets when the game is actually released in September.

TK

I would think so too, but from the exclusive vid on my psp it looks like there's no vehicles. I didn't even see the rouge shadow! X-O

I wish the game was coming out on the PC. They're releasing it for just about every platform out there, including some pretty obscure ones, but not the PC. :-(

Ah... wouldn't it be a hoot if The Force Unleashed ties into the Live action series? I see mega potential if the storyline can deliver as good as KOTOR, of which I am highly doubious... the case being that I hold KOTOR I in such high esteem. But as to the crux of your initial post, I add my doubts to other games getting this treatment, unless those said games inspire their own movie. Case in point... Halo. But I also share the voiced concerns of the others with the number of open licenses Lego now has. Each time a Batman or Speed racer set gets sold... The parent license company then cuts into Lego's profit...

lego smash bros ON! i would love it if TLC did a theme on video games, but that would be alot of licensing. :-( i probablywont even buy the rouge shadow, let alone more force unleashed sets... *sad*

Well, I don't think they'll turn to other video game licenses, but I do think that if the set sells well, then future Star Wars games will get a set or two.

First of all let me say: KOTOR was/is and Force Unleashed will be AWESOME!

Unfortunately I dislike the rogue shadow set because it just looks like crap to me, sorry.

In general I think the idea of making sets from Star Wars games is a good idea, because models for good sets might come from every direction - not from Cinema/TV only.

I do not believe that there will be sets inspired by other video games - except Star Wars because TLC owns a licence already.

Furthermore TLC should stick to the themes it now works with because LEGO is just going to be overload if there are sets from 50 different themes.

Best Regards, Benny

I would think so too, but from the exclusive vid on my psp it looks like there's no vehicles. I didn't even see the rouge shadow! X-O

The Rogue Shadow was made from concept art itself!

Why should I care if there's no vehicles? I didn't expect, let alone want vehicles from TFU! IT'S ABOUT THE DAMN FORCE! IT'S NOT MADE FOR YOU TO ROLL AROUND IN SOME BIGASS TANK WHERE YOU JUST RUN OVER EVERYONE WHO GET'S IN YOUR WAY! That's Battlefront for your information, and that's perhaps a better suited game for where you're going.

I wish the game was coming out on the PC. They're releasing it for just about every platform out there, including some pretty obscure ones, but not the PC. :-(

Wow; if it's not coming to the PC... I'm going to have to go the Lucasarts and kill someone. *angry*

JK! That's right LA emplyees, I was kidding. You can stop hiding under the counter. *tongue*

true, true, true, KOTOR from what I have heard it was good.

KOTOR is definitely one of the greatest RPGs I've ever played, mainly because it's the only RPG I've ever played, but that's aside the point. *tongue*

TFU is not coming for the PC, I don't understand why but Lucas Arts does is with more games recently. That's just stupid I think - loads of people would buy it for the computer.

And TFU is not for Vehicles,very right you are *yoda* , but it's good for characters I believe.

Benny

My thoughts exactly! The game looks great and I hope for a PC version! (yes, I hate consoles). *vader*

Edited by Nikola Bathory

Did anyone catch the Spike TV Game preview... I would just like to state, for the record... and I am only guessing, Anakin has either a brother, or ... another son... They where dropping hints about who the two Jedi parents of the Secret Apprentice where, and the "S" letter got thrown out. I think the Force Unleashed is going to rewrite Star Wars Canon. Big time!

You mean Sidious' mentor created to of Anakin's sort?! WOW now that would be awesome. But don't you think some sort of equal who's not limited in his force powers because of missing body parts would easily overthrow Vader?

Rather a son it might be :yoda:

Vaders_SON :tongue:

You mean Sidious' mentor created to of Anakin's sort?! WOW now that would be awesome. But don't you think some sort of equal who's not limited in his force powers because of missing body parts would easily overthrow Vader?

Rather a son it might be :yoda:

Vaders_SON :tongue:

Hmmm... Interest hypothesis. I did not consider the Darth Plagueis the Wise tangent exclusively, I was thinking that Shmi may have had another son possibly before Ani who was lost. And no, I don't think he would be able to overthrow Vader, because in the game, all of the Characters have the over the top force powers. Vader would always be at an advantage because he is the "chosen one". As to missing body parts... the exaggeration of the arms is unnecessary in order to preform force feats. It's merely a channel. But yes, it may be a son... It's just a matter of age then, because we know that there are still Jedi to hunt down, Vader may be new "to the machine", and he was also deeply in love with Padme even before he was married to her. Only time will tell, but I sure am suspicious when that game was supposed to be out now, and has been pushed back until after CW come out.

Sure missing bodyparts do not limit one's connection to the force. But Vader can't perform things like force-lightning due to his missing hands and he can't fight with his lightsaber the same way hey could before he was forced to wear his armored suit unfortunately.

Benny

Sure missing bodyparts do not limit one's connection to the force. But Vader can't perform things like force-lightning due to his missing hands and he can't fight with his lightsaber the same way hey could before he was forced to wear his armored suit unfortunately.

Benny

Can I ask, politely, where do you get this information?

Of course you can - but what do you mean exactly? That he can't do force lightning?

I believe I've read it somewhere and I think I've also read/heard that Palp's a bit angry because his *new and more powerful apprentice* has lost some of his powers in his fight with obi-wan

EDIT: I just found a wikipedia article that mentions Vader's limitation. I know wiki is not the best sort but my basic information about this is not from there and I use it only as one reference. Look it up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_lightning

Best regards, Benny

PS: Come on, he's my dad and he never used it on me when I stole some of his cookies - I bet he can't do it :tongue:

Edited by Vaders_son

I dont think they are or should produce mor Force Unleashed sets. I think the Rouge Shadow was just to promote it and raise excitement, but i honestly can't see an entire line of sets. They just wouldnt sell.

EDIT: 500th post. I've made my passage into knighthood.

Edited by darthperson8

I don't think they are or should produce more Force Unleashed sets. I think the Rouge Shadow was just to promote it and raise excitement, but i honestly can't see an entire line of sets. They just wouldn't sell.

EDIT: 500th post. I've made my passage into knighthood.

Well then, congratulations, Knight :thumbup: . But, if I may, why would you not want Lego to make any other sets from The Force Unleashed if...

1). None of us have any idea what new vehicles may be contained in the game?

2). None of us knows truly the coolness factor of said characters in the game?

3). None of us know the effect TFU may have on the canonocity of Star Wars

4). And I concede, this should have be number 1, but for dramatic liberties( :blush: )... No one has even really played and beaten the friggen thing :tongue: (outside the designers who may be adding or deleting things as we make our posts!)

Now, I mean not to pick on you, but I ask, politely, why would you then make a post like the one you did then?

Vader_son: Tis truly an unbiased argument you make, and I therefore concede your correctness, albeit trepidaciously seeing as is the vast vacuum of intellectual integrity, which is a wiki :wink: . Well played, son.

I agree kinda with darthperson8, i doubt TLC will produce more sets, but from what i've seen from previews there seems to be quite alot of sets that can be made, theres a mutant rancor, shaak ti (spelling?) the jedi with tonfa style lightsabers, bunch of variant stormtroopers,

None of us know the effect TFU may have on the canonocity of Star Wars

from wookiepedia:

"All these characters are going into the continuity, they’ll all be canon, and they’re all part of the Star Wars galaxy. So I can imagine that there will be other follow-ups with those characters. We’re already starting to toss around ideas about the next storyline and how some of these characters can resurface and have major roles in a sequel."

―Haden Blackman

Edited by simonjedi

I agree kinda with darthperson8, i doubt TLC will produce more sets, but from what i've seen from previews there seems to be quite alot of sets that can be made, theres a mutant rancor, shaak ti (spelling?) the jedi with tonfa style lightsabers, bunch of variant stormtroopers,

Hmmmm... lego might make more sets of Force Unleased...... the game could have a lot of new sets or no more.