Sign in to follow this  
WetWired

Camo Tumbler - Complete

theaterindex.gif

So I finished the camo tumbler today, painted the last of the brown pattern on it. I'm not very happy with the end result, the brown edges are quite rough and a bit messy to be honest. The brown is a bit darker than it should be too, but it was the only colour I could get

I was going to post some threads of constant updates as I worked on it but I figured it would ruin the surprise of the final result.

I had a hard time getting the photos to look consistent as every time I took a photo it was a different colour and darkness. Anywhere here it is.

CamoTumbler_01.jpg

CamoTumbler_02.jpg

CamoTumbler_03.jpg

CamoTumbler_04.jpg

CamoTumbler_05.jpg

"Batman Begins" Bruce Wayne

CamoTumbler_06.jpg

Before the brown pattern was painted on.

Woah! X-O *y*

That's one fantastic MOC! It's better than I thought it would be. I can't do this to my beloved bricks, but how you did is great. Very nice details and paint job! Really, great.

oops I name the topic wrong, it was supposed to say "Camo Tumbler - Complete" how do I change it? I can't seem to edit it

Because in batman begins bruce wayne has brown hair

I'll have to wait til next weekend, but I'll get some better photos in the daylight outside and hopefully I'll get more consistent colours in the photos and the brown won't look so dark.

Words cannot describe how awesome this thing is. You know, the plain black one is cool, but the fatigue patterns just take this thing to a whole new level! *wub*

Kudos! *sweet*

This looks perfect. *wub* I don't understand why you aren't happy. I'd make this right now if I had the pieces. Ya know... I'd love picture 1, 2 and/or 3 in wallpaper size.... 8-|

oops I name the topic wrong, it was supposed to say "Camo Tumbler - Complete" how do I change it? I can't seem to edit it

You can't, but I can! ;-)

This is beautiful! *wub* The colors look great on this, you did awesome! *y*

*wub*

I think it looks great! *sweet*

If most of it could be achieved with natural parts and the rest through decals, I'd try to make one myself but at least I can admire yours. It really is a shame that some of those 2x3 and 2x4 wings aren't available in brown normally, or I think it could almost be done...

Camo Tumbler On! *y*

This is great! IMO, better than your black one, puts the spotlight on the wheels a bit more. Very good. *y*

mando_helmet_2.png

Awesome stuff, you should be very proud, I'm sure these would go down a storm on Ebay. Get building and selling. :'-)

They both look great.

Awesome!

The only thing that's "fuzzy" to me is the silver rims.

Why ride a camouflaged tumbler and have shiny 25" Falken rims?

KimT

It looks very nice, a cool idea and really well done! *y*

Great work *y* .

That brown must have taken a long time to paint, especially as it's co-ordinated. *wub*

What paint do you use by the way, and does it chip or rub off?

-Benk

Brilliant work there Wetwired, I love it. The paint job is fantastic and there are some nice improvements over the previous Tumbler *y*

I really need to make one of these when I get the parts...

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

What paint do you use by the way, and does it chip or rub off?

I used vinyl dye which is supposed to dye the plastic but it still seems like it chips off on the studs when you join the pieces together (not big deal really cause you can't see it anyway)

Brilliant work there Wetwired, I love it. The paint job is fantastic and there are some nice improvements over the previous Tumbler *y*

There's been no changes, just colour changes, the only thing I did add was a bit more support to hold in a certain piece, and it's not visible.

There is absolutely nothing to be disappointed about... that is one awesome MOC! I like how dark the brown is, and the pattern is really cool. Nice work! *sweet*

-Ryan

Very nice!

Just like the original. *y*

Fantastic job, WetWired *wub* !

I loved the black one (sorry, I forgot to comment on it :-$ ), and I love this one too.

I only wish TLC would do something like this X-O

LuxorV

It looks so awesome! That's wicked, you've done a really great job here! The MOC itself is great, as I said in the thread with the black version, but with this new colour scheme it just looks wicked! *y*

~Peace

I agree with you, the brown colour is a bit too dark and gives a messy look to the MOC... *wacko*

Anyway, it's a fantastic construction, so don't be so disappointed! Great job! *wink*