Shadows

"A Pirate's Life!" Contest - Discussion Thread

Yes it may. There is no physical size restriction of the creation, only for the baseplate itself. That's simply to keep someone from building a small set with a huge plate that LEGO would never do.

Oh good, i was worried i'd have to make a real stubby ship :-P

RULES ADJUSTED TO ADD CUSTOM SAILS

Awesome!

I don't like TLG's sails very much.

*Insert afraid looking emoticon here*

:'-(

;-)

P

I may sound like a terrible newb/noob (whatever spelling you prefer) asking this but what do you mean with the words burps and lurps? *wacko*

n00b... :-P

As Staudie pointed out, those terms stand for big ugly rock piece and little ugly rock piece.

6082.1069470478.jpg and 6083.1069470489.jpg

sorry, i just want to check, should it be more like a playset or a MOC? thanks

More like a playset. What we're hoping for is the kind of thing that LEGO would release themselves, and they love the play features.

Time for this newbie to step into the ring and show you all just what a Pirate set really is! X-D

Pirate Batbrick Away! >:-)

All animals are allowed, even dragons. Yes, I know it would make no sense to include a dragon, and you will be ridiculed horribly for it, but it's allowed. *wacko*

Therefore, horses, parrots, monkeys, sharks, octopi, and all other LEGO animals are allowed, within the specified limits. Don't forget, animal accessories count extra, so a saddle adds another piece.

Ok, thanks. I've just finished my impulse entry, and should have it posted later tonight :-)

Harr this be a fine contest indeed! *sweet*

I'll see if there still be pieces in me hold yaargh! *Runs off, trips over a deckstone and gets head stuck in a bucket*

Harr this be a fine contest indeed! *sweet*

I'll see if there still be pieces in me hold yaargh! *Runs off, trips over a deckstone and gets head stuck in a bucket*

Aye, that be a good idea for an Impulse set, Captain Green Bucket! :-D

So all the ropes on a ship together count as one piece? Or does every string count as one piece seperately?

Assuming you don't go insane with it and rig up something massive, one piece. If I see this being abused, I'll reconsider, so be good everybody ;-)

Fantastic idea for a contest. I just started building my entry. Hey is the prize pirate lego, soldier lego, armada lego, guard lego or islander lego?

I think with a prize like that, we'll get some very good entries- a lot of them too! Good work!

Regards, Captain Zuloo :-D

Hmm. I think I'll participate in this one! Or not. Ah, well, why not. I will try to build something today or tomorrow. The ideas are sailing through my head. =)

Hey is the prize pirate lego, soldier lego, armada lego, guard lego or islander lego?

Yes, it is pirate lego, soldier lego, armada lego, guard lego, or islander lego. Could even be more than one of those. :-D

Good luck on your entry!

Great entry Duke! Nice and original, and I like the build your ship idea!

Although I would strongly advise you to take a picture with better lightning for voting. If one could hardly see what they are voting on, I think they won't.. 8-|

Great entry Duke! Nice and original, and I like the build your ship idea!

Although I would strongly advise you to take a picture with better lightning for voting. If one could hardly see what they are voting on, I think they won't.. 8-|

Lighting, lightNing is something completely else though arguably more or less in the same category :-D

I just got me a wonderful idea for an impulse entry!

I do worry about that.. the 3rd picture is lighter but it's a bit unclear. I think my camera is pretty good but I always struggle with getting the right balance of lighting and focus etc :/

I do worry about that.. the 3rd picture is lighter but it's a bit unclear. I think my camera is pretty good but I always struggle with getting the right balance of lighting and focus etc :/

Perhaps try taking a picture outside if you have a garden or balcony?

I've just added my impulse entry, hope you like it!

Great work Duke (who isn't my brother :-$ )

Lighting, lightNing is something completely else though arguably more or less in the same category :-D

I just got me a wonderful idea for an impulse entry!

I hope it's not captain green bucket getting struck by lightning! :-D

P

Ok i've used a lighter picture. Can't get a new one today as it's too dark for natural light now. Tell me if you think it's ok.

And why are you so sure I did not mean lightNning?? Doofus.. |-/ :-D

Some lightning bolts would definitly spice the MOC up AND they would provide lighting!:-P

And why are you so sure I did not mean lightNning?? Doofus.. |-/ :-D

Some lightning bolts would definitly spice the MOC on AND they would provide lighting!:-P

Reason for reply: definitly => correction: definitely

PS: who's the bigger doofus now? X-D

Sorry, I don't speak Hairy Shark.... *wacko*

BTW: I was talking to the edit reason thing, not to you X-D

Knot evrie-won haz greight spellin skilz. :-P

Jus cuz yer uh pour spellor, dun't maik ya uh doofus.

P

Knot evrie-won haz greight spellin skilz. :-P

Jus cuz yer uh pour spellor, dun't maik ya uh doofus.

P

I had to read that three times before I knew what it said :-D