languages

Member Titles - Questions and Answers

I am still fairly new to EB, only having been active for about a year now, and I often see members with tags. You know, those little, colorful icons underneath peoples profile pictures? Well, I've been fortunte enough to earn 1 myself already, but I was wondering, how do I earn more? Is there an index of contests that will allow you to earn a tag?

A second question I have is about the "titles" (not sure if that's the correct name for it) underneath certain people's profile pictures. I've seen it for new members as well as old and I was wondering how those are given out? Does something just stand out to an admin who then gives a user a "title"?

Hello MKJoshA, tags are usually given out after you joined a contest or participated in some sort of event. Titles are given by the staff upon special recognition. Basically if they think you're funny, active, or did something that brought you to their attention, they'll give you a special little title (usually funny) under your avatar. But asking for a title is pretty much like guaranteeing you won't get one, staff likes to hand them out by surprise, and to those who accept them but don't really ask for them. Hope this helped.

Tags are awarded for things like being great at MOCing (the MOCexpert tag), the old timers tag, being active in certain sub-fora (like the Star Wars theme tag) and contests.

Titles are given out at the whim of the staff, and range from acknowledging achievements, to teasing about misspelling, and all sorts of other things. Mines from ZC after a discussion about the geography of Historica, where I backed up kabel. There's a pinned topic in the Community forum with past titles of members, worth checking out.

I am still fairly new to EB, only having been active for about a year now, and I often see members with tags. You know, those little, colorful icons underneath peoples profile pictures? Well, I've been fortunte enough to earn 1 myself already, but I was wondering, how do I earn more? Is there an index of contests that will allow you to earn a tag?

A second question I have is about the "titles" (not sure if that's the correct name for it) underneath certain people's profile pictures. I've seen it for new members as well as old and I was wondering how those are given out? Does something just stand out to an admin who then gives a user a "title"?

Regarding tags, please see the pinned thread here. Titles are discussed in the thread which was immediately below this one in the board index ... until I merged it.

Please read carefully before asking!

Sorry about that! I looked around but I didn't see anything. Don't know how I missed it :cry_sad: Thank you to everyone who answered me though! I really appreciate the response!

Okay, so titles are given out by staff, okay. I wish I had a title but I suppose I'm not that important! :snicker:

Okay, so titles are given out by staff, okay. I wish I had a title but I suppose I'm not that important! :snicker:

gallery_8966_241_1060.png What is the short caption under a member’s avatar?

Just like tags, personalised titles are awarded to chosen members for noteworthy contributions. Please don’t ask for one, they are given at Staff’s discretion.

gallery_8966_241_1060.png What is the short caption under a member’s avatar?

Just like tags, personalised titles are awarded to chosen members for noteworthy contributions. Please don’t ask for one, they are given at Staff’s discretion.

I know, lego, I'm just saying that I wish I had one heheheheheh... :wacko:

I know, lego, I'm just saying that I wish I had one heheheheheh... :wacko:

Now you have one :laugh:

Ooo, if it works for Behemoth, can I be a copycat and ask very nicely for a title, can I, can I? *puppy dog eyes*

... Wait, am I a dog or a cat?

I like your title, lego3364. :)

Thanks, I got it from asking what was a member title. :grin:

Thanks, I got it from asking what was a member title. :grin:

Hmm... I found this thread because it showed up in new content / not read. Not looking for a title at the moment, slowly backing up... LOL

I was wondering if anybody could please tell me how to write a member title. I don't know if i have to be in a certain group (I'm a Citizen right now), or if i have to do something on my profile, or something else. Thank you for your help.

Member titles are awarded to you for certain occasions. Mine is well... just funny. :blush:

I was wondering if anybody could please tell me how to write a member title. I don't know if i have to be in a certain group (I'm a Citizen right now), or if i have to do something on my profile, or something else. Thank you for your help.

There is a thread about this just a few lines down. I will merge this with that. Please do check the forum before posting, or use the search function, thank you.

Essentially, you cannot write titles, they are given out only by Mods and Admins, at their discretion, and asking for one usually fails.

There is a thread about this just a few lines down. I will merge this with that. Please do check the forum before posting, or use the search function, thank you.

Essentially, you cannot write titles, they are given out only by Mods and Admins, at their discretion, and asking for one usually fails.

Thank you for the help.

Don't know if this is bumping so if, oops

What does 'converses with adverbs' mean?

Don't know if this is bumping so if, oops

What does 'converses with adverbs' mean?

its from your thread "Talking to much" the word "much" being an adverb and the phrase "talking to" is defined as conversing. :laugh:

Ooo, if it works for Behemoth, can I be a copycat and ask very nicely for a title, can I, can I? *puppy dog eyes*

... Wait, am I a dog or a cat?

NO..... Wait I can't give them out it is up to the mods

you should be able to get a technic tag like the starwars one

Edited by 9v system