Sign in to follow this  
darkrebellion

Quality or Quantity

Hi, I always hear that many people like that TLC give us sets with loads of minifigs something that is cool but where is the quality (I refer with quality as not too many figs but new ones and more detailed ones). So my question is: What do you prefer quality or quantity?

Sorry but what is "TLC" ?

the Lego group.

hmm, I think that I want more munch older minifigs, because those new minifigs aren't so great than olds.

so, more badder minifigs than less better minifigs.

The LEGO Company

This is a fair question. Would we rather have lots of minifigs (the MTT) or less but also less common minifgs (Jedi Starfighter/Hyperdrive)?

I think it's a balance. Some of each is fine. Lots of unique figures just devalues it. Just look at the popularity and discussion on the HRB in light of K-3PO

for minifigs? id have to say...it depends. if you are a hard core collector, quality, like one of each minifig. if you like displaying and playing with your figs, definatly quality.

Obviously, any LSW collector or just a LSW fan would want quality. They want to see all the characters put in; there's so many to do and in an average LSW fan's mind, sitting on the same old same old would not be profitable. There're quite a few opinions(positive and negative) regarding the new Clone Wars line; some think the figs shouldn't be animated, some thing otherwise, some think 'I don't care; it's brand new minifigs and brand new molds!' like myself.

I prefer quality simply because maybe that one unique minifig in that fifty dollar set is worth the whole set, seeing what else you're getting. Quality isn't just minifigs, it's the whole set too. *sweet*

Obviously, any LSW collector or just a LSW fan would want quality. They want to see all the characters put in; there's so many to do and in an average LSW fan's mind, sitting on the same old same old would not be profitable. There're quite a few opinions(positive and negative) regarding the new Clone Wars line; some think the figs shouldn't be animated, some thing otherwise, some think 'I don't care; it's brand new minifigs and brand new molds!' like myself.

I prefer quality simply because maybe that one unique minifig in that fifty dollar set is worth the whole set, seeing what else you're getting. Quality isn't just minifigs, it's the whole set too. *sweet*

I believe trooperdavinfelth is totally correct in this post regarding the quality aspect.

And it is very true, too, that LSW fans and collectors would love to see every character from the Star Wars Universe produced by TLC.

But one should not forget the army builders and the beauty of a detailed and atmospheric (correct word?) battlefield. If it should not be a battlefield but a normal life scene the builder might need a load of minifigs as well.

So that's why I think quantity should be an aspect of TLCs production as well - and it is, just look at the great minifig packs - everybody loves a diorama with all the minifigs it takes.

And Troopers rule anyway!! *vader*

Best regards, Benny