dunamis

10191 Star Justice Review

Do yall know if we will be able to get more figure, with decals, on LDD, sothat we could have a huge "Star Justice" army. Also, if any other sets are released, please do not make another Admiral Giddens. We can't have two running around.

They should be available in LDD. Make a model, put on a sticker and you get the sheet. I'm pretty sure that's the drill.

There's always enough Giddens to go around.

Oh man, some guy selling Star Justice sets on eBay just got hosed. I imagine he bought the three sets at a Lego store and paid the full $99 price, but the sets he was selling on eBay went for $56, $60 and $86. I would have thought, probably like he did, that he would have made more than $99 because the set aren't widely available yet and people are anxious to get them. Maybe this just shows that those of us who want new Lego Space that badly are a small bunch and willing to wait. Even so, I regret not bidding, since I could have gotten a good deal, even with the $13 shipping. Of course, maybe this is a sign that the sets are over-priced at $99...

Edited by KDog

They should be available in LDD. Make a model, put on a sticker and you get the sheet. I'm pretty sure that's the drill.

There's always enough Giddens to go around.

does anyone knows, if the stickers are available already via Lego Factory?

I downloaded new LDD (v2.0) but it has no new elements used in Factory-Space line

Is it something wrong with my LDD, or the newest version hasn't been released yet?

does anyone knows, if the stickers are available already via Lego Factory?

I downloaded new LDD (v2.0) but it has no new elements used in Factory-Space line

Is it something wrong with my LDD, or the newest version hasn't been released yet?

maybe something wrong with your ldd? i dunno

I would disagree with those who are complaining about the price. A quick look at the LEGO site shows that it is priced similarly to Mars Mission kits.

I didn't have time to elaborate earlier so I'll do it now. Probably a month too late. But anyway...

First of all when I say the price is to steep, I mean for my finances. I'm not saying the sets aren't worth their price.

A$129.99 is just too much for me in one hit and it also costs another A$35.00 to ship it to Australia. So that's $154.99 in total. There are no LEGO Brand stores in my area, or anywhere in Australia as far as I'm aware, making shipping the only method of obtainment.

My other quandary is I don't understand why the sets cost US$99.99 in the USA which is A$104.99. Why I'm paying an extra A$25 for the same product when I'm already paying A$35 for the shipping? Are there hidden charges that are not already factored into the initial price?

If Star Justice was released as sets which I could buy individually then from a store, then I'd definitely consider buying them.

Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

... so I've just finished building my Star Justice set, and I'm ... not sure what to make of it. More detailed thoughts will follow, but I'd like to take a moment to complain: I'm missing two 2x2 white tiles and a 1x1 black round brick. :(

My other quandary is I don't understand why the sets cost US$99.99 in the USA which is A$104.99. Why I'm paying an extra A$25 for the same product when I'm already paying A$35 for the shipping? Are there hidden charges that are not already factored into the initial price?

Lego generally argues that the United States is a more competitive market, hence the lower prices than the rest of the world.

I come not to bury Giddens, but to praise him:

The colours are lovely. The assortment is perfectly fine - a land vehicle, small and medium fliers, and a small base. The panel stickers are great. And I have two Star Justice LDD MOCs coming my way.

...but I guess I'm just not thrilled with the parts selection (too many tiny indistinct pieces; I'm used to at least a few bigger parts) and what I term the 'inelegance' of some steps. It just feels un-LEGO to me to have steps with 14 of the same piece being used in it, a BURP covered in 1x1 slope tiles, and a 2x2 tile half-affixed (and as an academic, I'm willing to cite steps for all of these.) Maybe this is common in the AFOL building circles, but it was a bit of a culture shock to build it for myself. Also, the instructions skip a bunch of tiny steps and I was missing a tile! (yes, I contacted customer service, it's on the way. )