osakana

Osakana's Lego City

indexed.gif Layout

Hi everybody,

So finally I've found some time to update my city layout and take some photos. Gallery (when moderated). My city is in classic 80s/90s SYSTEM scale. Also I tried to incorporate other themes, as exoforce mecha. Here is a quick tour, I should take some better and more detailed pictures in a resoneably near future :-|

This is city plan:

_my-city-2008-iii.png

And here is the real thing:

pict3536-1000.jpg

City center - the round yellow office bulding (curretly occupied by ninjas), next to it is cinema (the blue-white bulding) and old castle. Next to castle is post-office corner:

pict3541-1000.jpg

Light house, part of harbour and market place:

pict3543-1000.jpg

Harbour with cargo train station:

pict3555-1000.jpg

From the right - pub, ice cream restaurant and bike shop:

pict3571-1000.jpg

Train/monorail station, corner hotel and some houses. You take a better look on market place in upper left corner:

pict3568-1000.jpg

Train station, with knight-bus-turn-passenger-train:

pict3557-1000.jpg

WIP/industrial part of town. Garage, police station, monorail stop and mecha factory:

pict3566-1000.jpg

Mecha factory, mobile minig unit, bionicle-can-silo:

pict3567-1000.jpg

You can also spot: hospital with medicopter, Aquariders submarine in docks, fire house, m-tron mobile communication center (to keep in touch with our boys in space) and other things:

pict3581-1000.jpg

Cool city you have there Osakana.

Where you get the idea of horses being lifted by crane in the port? Looks good, like cattle.

I like the way you successfully integrated the monorail - no easy feat I believe!

Where you get the idea of horses being lifted by crane in the port? Looks good, like cattle.

Well, it was just an accident. I was thinking about where should I put my polar bear, so I made a cage to transport it to the ZOO (I got no place or baseplates to make a proper ZOO, so it was only represented by this cage). But then I got this idea and replace the bear with the horse.

The monorail was a real pain first and I have to change the whole city concept to use it. The original monorail layout is not compatible with roadplates.

The other problem was incorporating train tracks into harbour. I got idea to elevate them to the level of harbour platforms.

Steamhorse! Steamhorse! :-P

Seriously though great city! :-) Good job at creating a very 90's atmosphere.

General Tarful

A very nice layout with many charming buildings in an interesting and colorful color scheme. I especially like that neat green and white and red pub

and that white and red and yellow corner house with the passage.... and, of course, your monorail. *sweet*

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that base plate that the lighthouse is standing on???

I don't recall seeing it anywhere... *wacko*

A fine town indeed, especially considering that it's basically 100% original. You've even got a mecha bay! :-D

Of course, the purple train is my favorite part. Now if only TLC would make one.... 8-| :-P

You've got a nice layout Osakana!

I like the way you have used some "lego pieces" like the can or the xpod box trans part! Very ingenious!

It seems that you have everything that a layout needs : trains, monorails, a port section, and some houses. I like the fact that you have made some part of your layout on an other level than the road (with the use of the dark rey baseplate) *y*

And I have one question about your layout map :where did you have find the coast guard baseplate for track designer?

indexed.gif Layout

This is city plan:

_my-city-2008-iii.png

How do you make plan designs of your cities? Do you use particular software? Do you have any road plate images I could possibly use for planning my own city?