nebraska

MOC: Lego U-Boat

indexed.gif

I've been working on my Type VII C U-Boat (Minifig scale) and I think I have enough done to share with you guys.

1204836295_SPLASH.jpg

Take a look:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/50351

Edit by Rufus: I've taken the liberty of deeplinking some of your photos of your amazing finished MOC here. It's too good to be confined to a link!

5581093458_a4fbdb869f_z.jpg

5581081786_fb8e0d33cb_z.jpg

5580491107_c293a58452_z.jpg

4761497080_1a6f6a4f4b_z.jpg

4760856917_696a08daf1_z.jpg

4761497080_1a6f6a4f4b_z.jpg

4761480248_d7feaa7c36_z.jpg

5422704726_a0c98933e9_z.jpg

5422687204_267d5d22fb_z.jpg

5421995743_63b57cc3ce_z.jpg

5422573620_9964a95dba_z.jpg

See them all here

Edited by Rufus

This is really great. Thanks for sharing, Nebraska!

In the future, please post all military MOCs in the Other Themes forum, thanks. I'll move this one over there... :-)

nebraska, may I ask for further details/photos on the blue+brown boat I can see on the left of this photo?

1206050623_DISPLAY.jpg

I'm trying to find out as much as I can about hull building techniques before I start putting bricks together this summer on my Belafonte project. Or if anyone else knows anything else about it, could they post further details?

Also, I'm leaning towards using the hose-as-railing technique seen here and elsewhere, but does anyone know if such pieces are available in white?

That's one stunning U-Boat! :oh:

nebraska, may I ask for further details/photos on the blue+brown boat I can see on the left of this photo?

I believe it's this;

10152-0000-XX-12-1.jpg

Uh, wow! It's a lot bigger than I expected from the teaser pic! That is really massive, great job! :thumbup:

~Peace

That is really stunning nebraska, it is huge! And I love it! :wub: I cant wait to see it finished, keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Hmmm, I would just love to see someone walking round town with that. :tongue:

Great job on the U-boat its amaing how many details you've thrown into the conning tower I also like the tanks on the sides made out of the bottom of the City airplane (I think thats where they come from, am I right?). I'm sure your Maersk cargo ship will be in major trouble once this sub is complete :oh3: . Hope to see some updates soon :classic: .

It's been awhile since I updated the post but I am requesting some help here. Hopefully some great builders will have an idea. I need a new prop! The lego 'boat' prop is too small, the larger 3 finger prop is too thin and looks horrible. Does anyone know if any other company (gasp!) makes a decent prop that's about the size of a mini fig? I'm considering using a couple of props off a model boat until Lego specifically designs something for my u-boat! :tongue:

I've been busy with family stuff but with fall aproaching; i've done quite a bit of work to the boat. The new pictures have the deck removed and i've been working on the interior. The control room will actually have the dive plane controls work the dive planes. I'll hook them up to a motor and when you look inside you will actually see the dive plane control wheel spinning as the dive planes lower or raise.

The saddle tanks will be longer once my shipment gets in sometime this week (thank you lego for making the dark grey!!)

But if anyone has any ideas about the prop - please give me a shout.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/149765

Yes! Now Harry Potter can battle Voldemort on the high seas! :tongue:

This is a great rendition though, everything looks historically accurate. :thumbup:

Wow, that is a great creation already, blows my old one straight out of the water. :cry_happy:

It does look like the buoyancy tanks on the side are a little short, i think they should run up a bit further to the bow.

Here is a good picture of a real one, where you can see that the tanks run to just under the first vents:

8%20U-995%20type%20V11C%20at%20German%20Navy%20Memorial.jpg

Wow, that is a great creation already, blows my old one straight out of the water. :cry_happy:

It does look like the buoyancy tanks on the side are a little short, i think they should run up a bit further to the bow.

Here is a good picture of a real one, where you can see that the tanks run to just under the first vents:

8%20U-995%20type%20V11C%20at%20German%20Navy%20Memorial.jpg

I agree 100% on the tanks and my order just came in!! They were just expanded last night :)

I would LOVE to visit the U-995 (the above picture). I have the CD of the 'tour' for her; which is very useful when building the boat except I don't think the colors are acurate on the interior. The U-505 in Chicago actually tore away paint to find the bottom layer; sent it in for scientific analysis to find the perfect shade for all their valves, walls, etc. etc. Of course, the u-505 doesn't allow pictures/video on the interior so I try to go by memory until my bro finds the pictures we took about 30 years ago when they allowed photos!

Still scouring the web looking for the perfect prop....

Here is my 'perfect prop'. Lego needs to make me one exactly like this. 1 1/2" diameter should equal about 5.1' diameter in minifig scale! I'll use them until Lego can hook a brother up.

Edited by nebraska

Wow, I love all the detail and work you've put into this U-boat! Its truly stunning how much you managed to do just with tower, but when you move to the whole vessel its truly mind blowing! excellent work, and keep bricking :thumbup:

Edited by Fires-storm

Almost done with the interior. I need to add a few things to the forward torpedo room; which in the end will be more of diorama but just added some 'clean' shots of the room. I'll hopefully have the electrical motor/aft torpedo room done within the next few weeks and start sealing it up and finishing the exterior. I'm planning on bringing it to Brickworld 2011 as I have other obligations this year.

here is the folder that has the most recent updates...

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/113475

Edited by nebraska

I like it! It's good to have the Kriegsmarines ready to back up my upcoming Division! :thumbup: