AFOL SF

Instructions To Build ALL 30 Models Of The Lego Hobby Train (10183)

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm not so much as worried about the instructions....just curious to get a detailed view of the models that were created. I'm new to Lego Trains, but I've always had a fascination with trains since I was a child. I actually just received the Lego Hobby Train a few minutes ago. I wrote Lego about possibly bringing back the My Own Train series, but they said it would be up to their design team to make that choice.

I'm actually looking for some really good flat car instructions if you guys know where I might find them....free of course. :)

As far as instructions go the best site I know is Railbricks. I'm not sure about flat cars but at a guess I'd say you'd be likely to find an American styled one there. For official instructions I like to use Peeron.

Most of the train community don't make instructions as such, but will often show tricky techniques off in their photo sets on flickr and brickshelf. You get pretty good at reverse engineering from photos after a while. There are a few exceptions; do a search for Ben on brickshelf, most of his train folders include ldraw files which you can use to recreate the model.

Hi folx!

I am searching for the building instructions of the 30 alternative models of set 10183. Is there anybody out there? Need more than link to LEGO! its no more there!

Please give me some inspiration!

:-) grynber09

Hi folx!

I am searching for the building instructions of the 30 alternative models of set 10183. Is there anybody out there? Need more than link to LEGO! its no more there!

Please give me some inspiration!

:-) grynber09

There's a large thread about this roughly halfway down the second page here. Read that and you should find the links you need.

There's a large thread about this roughly halfway down the second page here. Read that and you should find the links you need.

Not know nothing! How can I go to page you mean? Totally new I am! Sorrry!

Your topic has been merged here.

You're right! :'-)

I've uploaded all instructions to my account.

Have fun!

Jeb!

Am a bit late, but thanx for these pdfs!

10183 is still having fans like me,

may I can put the new train power function motors an stuff in!

Somebody just tried?

Listening! grynber09

Jeb!

Am a bit late, but thanx for these pdfs!

10183 is still having fans like me,

may I can put the new train power function motors an stuff in!

Somebody just tried?

Listening! grynber09

Some are easy. Here's my (slightly modified) Hobby Train 5 with PF added:

5220689611_cb468744df_b.jpg

5220689403_b3f6066198_b.jpg

No 22 looks like it should be okay too but others will be more of a challenge.

Using Holodoc's PDFs (a shocking example of how bad LDD printed instructions were!), the original LDD models and a lot of patience, I've produced updated versions that work correctly in Lego Digital Designer 4. Hopefully this might help anyone else who still likes playing with this awesome set!

Details, including minor errors, can be found in the Official Sets thread at http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226&view=findpost&p=911742

Using Holodoc's PDFs (a shocking example of how bad LDD printed instructions were!), the original LDD models and a lot of patience, I've produced updated versions that work correctly in Lego Digital Designer 4. Hopefully this might help anyone else who still likes playing with this awesome set!

Details, including minor errors, can be found in the Official Sets thread at http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226&view=findpost&p=911742

Great work, Andy. Those PDFs are truly horrible and it can't have been easy to see where the parts that LDD objected to were supposed to go.

You've got a few errors in the numbering in the first six entries but it's sorted out by number 7.

Jonathan

Edited by Snapshot

Great work, Andy. Those PDFs are truly horrible and it can't have been easy to see where the parts that LDD objected to were supposed to go.

You've got a few errors in the numbering in the first six entries but it's sorted out by number 7.

Thankfully I only had to use them to work out which bricks were missing as LDD did a reasonable job of the import on the whole. I genuinely don't think it would be possible to build some of the models from that PDF alone, the old LDD HTML instructions bordered on useless. They're a lot better, though not perfect, in LDD4 and I'll certainly be making myself a new bunch just in case the process needs repeating when LDD5 comes along! :laugh:

Good spot on my wonky numbering, now fixed.

Edited by AndyC

Thanks for the great job AndyC.

I have copies of the pdf files but they jusssst don't do the job (although they were better then nothing).

Bel

Thank you all so much for this forum thread. I have just today 26th August 2011 bought a new Lego Hobby Train (10183) set for my daughter (and me too :classic: ) and would not have been able to go ahead and build all 30 train models without the instructions you have all provided on here.

I have my old 1970 blue track and have recently purchased a lot more.

Looking forward to getting going and adding Lego Power functions to the trains too.

All the best

Philip

Thank you for pointing that out, Brickster!

I have changed the link and it should work now. The new link is http://cid-c55c2a3e1.....ons 10183.zip. For safety reasons, the file is protected by a password, which you can find on my profile page under "Interests". This is to ensure that my files are not put anywhere but here at Eurobricks.

I hope this is alright with admins and moderators?

NOTE: Please see updated mirror site below.

i got the file but cant locate your profile page for the password.

Edited by dbocock10

Bit late to join the party, but anyone still have all the PDF files for the 30 models?

That would be much apreciated.

Does any one have any alternatives too this set that are not listed on the box. I am planning to get this set in the future from a friend and want to build more also has anyone tried to make a snow plow with this set. Thanks!

Replying to an old topic with a different question is not really appreciated. Please start a new thread with your question.

Thx for all contribuitors but really those lxf files are not working anymore in any of the 3d lego viewers.....does exist a link with working lxf? thx !