Cjd223

(MOC) - Cavegod's UCS Sandcrawler

Finally, an official addition to your Collection is here!  After years of requests and tweaks to the model, Cavegod's Sandcrawler is officially ready to be released to the public!  The MOC itself contains 12,110 parts, and its manual is 645 pages long.  The MOC is built to minifigure scale, and does a job in capturing the sheer size of the vehicle in a way that no Lego set ever has (Or likely will) ever done.

Lots of interest has been generated for this MOC, and Cavegod and I are really glad to make its release to the community!  Looking forward to seeing all of the improved collections and Tatooine MOCs.  If you would like to build this MOC, we are happy to share it with you in exchange for $60.  Included is the pdf instruction manual, an xml part list, LDD files, and any help you need throughout the process of making the MOCFor more information please PM me or contact me at chrdvorak@hotmail.com

A rebrickable page with a parts list is available here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-13289/cjd_223/cavegod-ucs-sandcrawler

Here are some pictures of the MOC and of the pdf manual:

25617180257_5955ec4fe2_h_d.jpg

26617277258_b0e8cdf8dc_h_d.jpg

25617180337_cae0aaf80f_h_d.jpg

25617180417_2aa5036abd_h_d.jpg

Edited by Cjd223

I’ve seen the actual build several times now, the last time being yesterday and it’s massive, as well as being fantastically detailed and accurate. If anyone is wondering just how big a 12,000 part Sandcrawler is, it’s this big (and even this doesn’t really do it justice!) I did an exhibition with Cavegod recently and managed to capture a rare photo of the man himself in the wild...:laugh:

Photo%2024-11-2017,%2011%2035%2009.jpg?r

There are quite a few photos in Cavegod's flickr gallery of the progress and build of this model here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/42956921@N08/albums/72157625950384473

As for more photos of the interior, we are planning on more coverage of the model to come in the future.

I can say that the interior features a cockpit interior as well as a two-level interior behind the door.  In total the interior of the model runs at about 2-3k pieces in my estimation

-Christian

Edited by Cjd223

If you want to motorize the sand crawler you are going to need a bunch of Pf parts I’ll compile a list.

This sandcrawler is just a stunning creation!  Motorizing it would be a dream come true.  Any idea, Cavegod, of when the list for motorizing it will be ready?

What a masterful creation this will be.

6 XL motors

1 SM motor

3 x receivers

10 led light cables

3 short extentions

6 long extentions

3 battery boxes

for the tracks yes but the 3 motors in the body should be easy enough, the led lights could require a small amount of dissasembly

For the motor concern: I included the motors for the tracks and interior in the instructions based upon their difficulty to access once fully built. 

Just need to see a size-comparison photo with the new UCS Millenium Falcon... That is massive! Incredible build. :thumbup: Would love to see a video, if possible.

I bet Bricklink will sell out of brown parts in a week. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Just need to see a size-comparison photo with the new UCS Millenium Falcon... That is massive! Incredible build. :thumbup: Would love to see a video, if possible.

I bet Bricklink will sell out of brown parts in a week. :laugh:

A video you say?  Only time will tell :wink:

-Christian

On 3-3-2018 at 9:36 AM, cavegod said:

<video>

Nice!

10.000/12.000 pcs ordered:)))

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote videos

7 hours ago, muhkuh said:

Nice!

What did it set up back?

8 hours ago, muhkuh said:

Nice!

Can you tell the approx. amount you have spent so far?

Also can anybody tell me how useful the set 75059 is for rare parts etc. 

Thank you ;)