Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

Why are supervillains so dumb?

If you've seen the movie "The Incredibles," then you know what "monologuing" is -- the tendency for supervillains to explain their whole evil scheme to the hero. Who knows what psychological issues drive villains to do this, but it sure makes for a handy expository device for writers.

The latest chapter of my Lego superhero comic, The Unlikely Society, is posted and ready for your reading enjoyment. Anemone manages to get one of the evil aliens monologuing. Their horrible plot is revealed, and the fate of the entire world is at stake!!

Thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think!!

-Joebot

www.unlikelysociety.com

Another marvelous chapter of this intriguing and thrilling story.... thank you! *y*

Although I have to say that the evil schemes of your bad boys look quite familiar to me....

Didn

Another great comic Joebot, I loved the first line "wakey wakey eggs and bakey!" I cracked up! X-D

Have you painted the "smart ones" hair blue on the second and third page or is it just the lighting? It seems purple in some pics but then blue in others.

Plus where did you get those heads for the alien boy band picture, I know the cute one (is that right?) has the harry potter troll head but what about the others?

Hope to see the next one very soon! ;-)

Another great comic Joebot, I loved the first line "wakey wakey eggs and bakey!" I cracked up! X-D

Have you painted the "smart ones" hair blue on the second and third page or is it just the lighting? It seems purple in some pics but then blue in others.

Plus where did you get those heads for the alien boy band picture, I know the cute one (is that right?) has the harry potter troll head but what about the others?

Hope to see the next one very soon! ;-)

Thanks, I use that "wakey-wakey" line to wake up my kids every morning, and they hate it. I think I got it from the movie "Kill Bill."

No, it's the purple hair. It's just odd lighting that makes it look bluish.

The alien heads are from the old Aquazone theme, specifically the Stingrays sub-theme. I always thought they were surprisingly weird and creepy for TLC. They work great as aliens.

The NEXT one?!?! Yeesht! I spent a couple of hours yesterday building some background "sets" for the next chapter, but it'll be a couple of weeks. I'm proud of myself that I've churned out the last three chapters on something resembling a monthly schedule. X-D

"Thank you for pointing out my inadequacies."

X-D Hilarious! Looking forward to the next one! *y*

~Peace

Hey Joebot ! Excellent episode as always ! I'm so glad you managed to make this new one so soon. Now the story seem to go on smoothly. Excellent episode, the best so far in the actual storyline IMO, maybe because it is one of the longest. Great vilain secret cave !

Warning! Spoilers!!

Excellent Joebot! The story's really starting to take shape. I love the throwback to the old series. I never would've guessed the mysterious man was in fact Mister Fister! :-D :-D :-D I have to admit I didn't like the characters at first, most likely because they weren't the old Unlikely Society and I missed those characters. I loved the Monocromancer and Hue Man. The fourth M constantly cracked me up. And what better enemy is there to fight than marshmallow Peeps? :-D :-D :-D :-D Ah, the good old days. But, they're gone. My point is I'm enjoying the rapport between your new characters. I've finally learned to accept them and the dialog is pretty funny. Not only are they unlikely super heroes, they're unlikely friends and to see them try to get to the end of a conversation, let a lone solve a problem, is very funny. This episode felt like you caught a stride again. I said this last time, but the exposition is clearly out of the way and your fun and humorous story-telling is coming through again.

So, keep up the great work! I hope I haven't over-analyzed it. It's always great fun and very entertaining so thanks for putting all of the hard work into it. It's greatly appreciated! *sweet* *y*

Warning! Spoilers!!

Excellent Joebot! The story's really starting to take shape. I love the throwback to the old series. I never would've guessed the mysterious man was in fact Mister Fister! :-D :-D :-D I have to admit I didn't like the characters at first, most likely because they weren't the old Unlikely Society and I missed those characters. I loved the Monocromancer and Hue Man. The fourth M constantly cracked me up. And what better enemy is there to fight than marshmallow Peeps? :-D :-D :-D :-D Ah, the good old days. But, they're gone. My point is I'm enjoying the rapport between your new characters. I've finally learned to accept them and the dialog is pretty funny. Not only are they unlikely super heroes, they're unlikely friends and to see them try to get to the end of a conversation, let a lone solve a problem, is very funny. This episode felt like you caught a stride again. I said this last time, but the exposition is clearly out of the way and your fun and humorous story-telling is coming through again.

So, keep up the great work! I hope I haven't over-analyzed it. It's always great fun and very entertaining so thanks for putting all of the hard work into it. It's greatly appreciated! *sweet* *y*

Thanks, Hinckley! I really appreciate that.

I sometimes miss the old characters too, particularly Monochromancer and Hue Man. But Fourth M? Not so much. I got so bored writing her dialogue. I had a bookmark to a website with a list of business buzzwords, and I would pull from that. It got really hard to not get repetitive.

I'm glad the new characters are starting to grow on you. The are for me too! They're getting clearer and better defined in my mind, which makes the writing a lot easier. Some famous author (I forget who) once said, "There's no such thing as writer's block. Writer's block is simply not knowing your characters well enough." There's a lot of truth in that.

Only three chapters left in the N-Vasion story arc, so things are building to a head. I've been doing a lot of building for the next chapter, and I'm waiting on a big Bricklink order. Here's a little teaser for you fanboys -- I had to order two of these parts. Make of that what you will!!

I see you posted a new comic too, Hinckley. I gotta go check that out!!

I'm glad the new characters are starting to grow on you. The are for me too! They're getting clearer and better defined in my mind, which makes the writing a lot easier. Some famous author (I forget who) once said, "There's no such thing as writer's block. Writer's block is simply not knowing your characters well enough." There's a lot of truth in that.

Thanks for sharing that quote! It's set me off in a new direction for getting my next story project off of the ground. It also gives me new ways to get past those hurdles I mistakingly refer to as "writer's block." I can't wait to see the rest of your current story arc! :-)

Thanks for sharing that quote! It's set me off in a new direction for getting my next story project off of the ground. It also gives me new ways to get past those hurdles I mistakingly refer to as "writer's block." I can't wait to see the rest of your current story arc! :-)

Very cool, I'm glad it helped! I just wish I could remember who said it. It might have been Stephen King in his book "On Writing." That's a terrific book by the way. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to write for a living.

I've started writing the next story arc, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. All the introductory crap is out of the way, so I can cut loose and just have Mr. Fister punch stuff for six pages.