Sign in to follow this  
metalandi

Pictorial Review - Tower Raid & Dwarf's Mine Defender

indexed.gif

So here it is finally, my first ever review of a lego set..oh wait, it's actually 2 sets. So i don't really know how to do it right, but i'll try the best. (Sorry if some pictures are a litte bit dark, but i'm not really into photography and i got bad light here)

Let's Start with the Dwarf's Mine Defender:

Theme: Castle 2008

Set Name: Dwarf's Mine Defender

Number: 7040

Pieces: 86

Price:

Tks for these cool reviews metalandi !!

I love these orc sets !! I am so going to get these ;-)

I'm happy to see that scared face again (I love it really !!) and the use of that handculfs !! That new armour looks really cool

That tower is really nice and I wont mod it that much which os cool and the battle ram is freaking sweet !!

Tks again for sharing ;-)

*yoda*

Great review, pictures and all! Thanks for showing all the mechanisms of the tower, I didn't notice them from either the pics we had or the instructions--it didn't hit me that when you knock down the wall the second floor breaks. That is a genius idea.

This looks like a superb set, unfortunately my priority right now is the Troll Warship. Still, if that really is U.S. $80, I might skip it and go for this instead, which is only $20 US.

One note, though. I think there might not be a back cage on the second floor of the tower so that the mechanism can work. Did you try to see if the second floor ground still falls if you add it a fourth cage wall?

Also, you could just pretend that the tower is built against a mountainside. It would fit perfectly and add more defense to the Knights.

Great review! :-)

VK

Tks for those so much!! :'-) *y* Nice reviews!

I love that tower raid, and the defender, and will buy them both.

really don't add much to the set:

Oh, but they do. More pieces= higher price. ;-)

Thanks for these fantastic review.

It's the first time I take a good look at these sets.

There is a good chance I'll buy the Dwarf's Mine Defender, especially for that price.

This set didn't come with the new jail door piece? I'd have guessed it would have, since there is an orc in prison.

Nice review. I'm looking forward to picking up these sets.

Steve

Cheers for the reviews.

They're both nice sets, and I think I just may have to buy both. Or maybe I'll get two of the dwarf set? The figs in each are really cool as well. The dwarf, well, they're just cool anyway, but the troll with the golden helmet and armour, that's just *wub*

Thanks for the double review, I like the Dwarf catapult but the real deal is the Tower Raid set. I love that Siege Tower and love that new armour, can't wait to get it.

Thanks for the review!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Thanks metalandi! These are 2 great sets, I'm definately looking forward to seeing these in New Zealand stores! The collapsing floor/prisoner freeing mechanism on the tower is wonderful, a great touch. Some slight modifications, like, some walls, will make this perfect. And the Dwarf's Mine Defender is a sweet little set, with some neat minifigs. Thanks for the reviews! *y*

~Peace

Thanks for these great reviews! *sweet*

The dwarfs mine defender looks interesting, the figs though are *wub*

The only thing missing is a weapon for the dwarf and some shields

The battering ram and tower are awesome! 8-

Well, I don't think Orcs are that sturdy, seeing that they'd have to jump from the second level of the tower, I don't see survival as his chief objective! :-P Awesome review! I'm loving these sets more and more! The Tower Raid is DEFINITELY the best and the cheapest set there! >:-)

Oh, and Pirhana, it's not really a 'king', it's more like an officer. Remember, the Wizard rules these goblins!

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

*sweet* WOW!! Another excellent review! Haha, that tower does reminds me of KK II of Mistland Tower =x

Well, overall, i love these 2 sets very very much *sweet*

Thank you for the nice review.

Pity the tower is not designed better, but I still want to buy these 2 sets. If only there were 2 dwarves in the DMDefender.

I got myself today 3 Dwarf's Mine Defender and I have to say that sets does suck big time: the plastic rubber band doesn't do squat, and 3 wheels i really not enough.

I only built 2 of those and changed the front of it with 4 wheels and no plastic rubber band and I changed the 2x2 dark bley plate.

Its still looks good but the crappy rubber band system is really not well thought off.

Anyhow my Orc army is growing >:-)

*yoda*

Its still looks good but the crappy rubber band system is really not well thought off.

*yoda* i totally agreed with your comments. The rubber system is not effective at all. I bought 2 defenders recently and i found out that when the wheels move, the rubber just stuck there without rotating the blades at the front :-/ I have not really found a solution for mine yet. So far, i only took out the rubber band, placing the blades on the ground, removing of the red technic part on the left side. In this way, when the defender is moving on smooth ground, the blades will move too ;-)

Thanks for the great review. *y* The siege tower does look great. I'll have to look out for these sets.

Edited by zouave

Hello Eurobricks!

My first post :knight:

Yesterday i will buy this two sets!

I'm waiting for the packs!

Sorry but my English isn't good :sceptic:

Well you didn't say anything wrong yet undead army officer :thumbup:

I perfer using the Batle wheel to knock down the Tower's walls, not the seige tower :knight:

I perfer using the Batle wheel to knock down the Tower's walls, not the seige tower :knight:

I love all the siege machines the orcs have, they are certainly a much bigger threat than the skellies.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Yeah, the open towers are kinda funny, although they were also typical of (for instance) 90s pirate sets. The trolls' vehicles are cool though. They look evil. I can't wait to start collecting '08 Castle sets...(I didn't buy any Castle in '07, I only got one set for Xmas, so I'm catching up on the '07 stuff first before it's all sold out)

Now that this topic has been brought up again, I just want to say that the rubber band on my Dwarf Mine Defender actually works :sweet: