Sign in to follow this  
darkrebellion

The worst problems in your collection

Hi I open this topic to know the worst problems in the collection of anyone that want to post them and with this solutions on the problems of everyone.

In my collection my worst problem is all the dust.

How I take it out without hours of cleaning sets?

Dust is a pain, but one slightly quicker way is to vacuum. Now don't be going a grabbing the dyson and running it over the Hoth Base just yet - if you can get one of those tiny battery vacuums for cleaning a computer keyboard, they can be quite effective. The suction is pretty weak/non-existent, but if you poke around the bricks, the dust dislodges with the brush and it gets sucked up. I got one as a Christmas Present a few years ago and thought it was competely useless until I discovered this alternative use! *y*

This kind of thing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-Mini-Notebook-Ke...1QQcmdZViewItem

but they have gone all USB since I got mine, so you would have to get an extension or drag the lego to the PC/laptop to the lego!

EDIT: I do not endorse the above ebayer - it was the first one I found on a search......

Edited by superpabz

Cat hair >:-( It gets everywhere, especially in the bottoms of bins. It all collects up, and its a certain pain when sorting too :-/

Space to display. I have a small display of minifigs, and most of the rest completely covers my girlfriend's bed. :-$ It's just waiting there until I get a real place to display, then it'll be all *wub* . :-D I don't know where the hell I'm going to put any future sets, I really have run out of space. *wacko*

For me it is not having enough room to store my Lego collection and not having enough finds to purchase more Lego! Oh and perhaps this could be moved to the general Lego forum as it is not strictly about SW? 8-|

Space and dust.

I replace display sets from time to time and dedust older sets with feather duster and q-tips. It's really pesky...

very young nieces ... they necessitate all Lego displayed on shelves at under adult waist height to be removed and put in the spare room whilst they're here!

Undesirable Number One: Dust,

I usually spend about four or five days cleaning my entire collection!! It's something I love to do as long as I do it once I'm back home during the semester's holidays, but actually I would like to spend my time in arraging them better than cleaning dust....

Desirable Number One: Space,

My room isn't quite small but my lego collection is too big now, so I have to keep-in-box at least one complete theme by every semester I arrange my collection in scenarios.

Other thing that actually bothers me but I actually enjoy doing too is handling sets that should be "floating", like SW, Dragons, Airplanes, Harry on his broom, etc etc...I do this with nylon, so if there's someone who actually has a better idea about this, well, I listen.

Cheers from Mexico!

this doesnt really have to be about SW, does it? 8-| its about LEGO though, so...

anyways, space. i broke some of my older sets (long ago) and i still dont have enough room. i have SW sets completly covering my dresser, and 2 shelves of my bookcase. all other sets are in my rec room, or broken in a box :-P

Hi!

all three: dust, lack of space and (my) hair... :-/

Indeed. Make that rabbit hair, though.

Anyhow - storing stuff in glass cabinets helps alleviating two outta three (take a guess which ones ;-) ).

Most likely, it's not having enough. I had many Star Wars sets in my collection, but most are going to my cousin. All in all my last purchase was Christmas- a set I wanted from 2 years ago. The Tie Advanced, it's still intact and will hopefully always be. Buying a 360 was awesome, but reaped my money. I was into Warhammer, but I quit out of frustration due to money and re-joined Lego. Now, I want to start saving up for University or something big, so I'm buying all the huge Lego sets I want now. A couple of days is my birthday, and I get paid my monthly 40$. I can basically get anything.

So all in all, it's the durability and not having enough to make a prominent display. I can't decide on what else to get.

Edited by sdpirate

Cat hair >:-( It gets everywhere, especially in the bottoms of bins. It all collects up, and its a certain pain when sorting too :-/

:-| Oh, I know! (For me it's dog hair, the cats are outdoor ;-) ) Ocassionaly I find *alien* Blood in my legos... 8-