TheBeeze

(GBW- CP3) Filace - Uphill Battle

Filace CP3- Uphill Battle

Map Name: Studica
Grid: E4

The RON countries never did anything to try and thwart the COAC attempts to use the river leading into the Basin in Briolui leaving the gap wide open for an amphibious assault. Immediately after being dropped on the beach by the Plantasea Navy, the First Division of the Filace Marines stormed up the river banks to engage the fortified positions there.

36067025931_4defd5ccbc_c.jpg 

36066889711_661e62a54d_c.jpg

36034280462_8ce75a0032_c.jpg

They were met with fierce resistance from a company sized element of Various RON forces spread throughout a number of defensive positions already set up. 

36034279662_e55f46ac61_c.jpg 

36034281182_5890b6beb3_c.jpg

36034281592_2341c04b21_c.jpg

36066891611_d523e7f899_c.jpg

36066889041_f716f8017c_c.jpg 

Captain Beeze was extremely dissatisfied with their orders from command. Their task was to get mobile once the Marines had cleared the beach and start forward reconnaissance to find defensive positions further back from the beachhead to engage in a joint raid with the airborne. The only problem in the scenario was that the marines were taking a toll fighting up the hill and the Army Theater commander, Colonel Kilgore who was also inserted with some rangers during the marine assault, would not let Captain Beeze's team move until the Marine's cleared the beach often yelling "We ain't moving till its safe to surf this beach captain!"

36066890291_df0a1446e0_c.jpg

36066892111_fa69b97a37_c.jpg

As the Marines continued to fight on through constant artillery and rocket barrages slowly making headway, the Captain brought his team in to discuss their options. Reports flashed out over the Comm Net that stated a tunnel complex had been found in the side of the hill. Captain Beeze and his team made the decision to "Recon" the tunnels in hopes they might run into some bigger targets to call in the paratroopers.

36034280112_43c6b767f9_c.jpg 

36066891021_a7b98574ea_c.jpg

36034280832_5df34b8ca7_c.jpg

Very impressive build and background, which gives the  MOC a more real touch.

I love large builds. And I love scenes with many minifigures. Most I like the angles of photo shooting as they are giving a very realistic view

You’ve been awarded (9) points.

Judges’ comments…

Mix up the terrain (colors) a lil on the mountain, I think at this point the small details are what will hold some of us back from breaching the next score level. The vegetation is great, good looking all the way around! Soldiers look well equipped. What were these soldiers thinking; the enemy has the HIGHER GROUND!!! Some very ominous shadows going on in your build, wasn't quite sure what time of day this advance was taking place in. Maybe they were planned, maybe they were not.

Very nice job creating the massive hill with enemy positions. I am particularly fond of the trees with the wide canopies. Trees in general can be difficult to MOC, but these look particularly nice. The road crossing the top of the mountain is a nice addition to breakup what would otherwise be a simple field until the enemy positions. I will note that the soldiers are fantastic. Lovely job with the custom troops and creating unique designs for many of the soldiers. I will say that I am a little disappointed about the lack of colors used in the mountain. While brown is fine for the base, I’ve never seen a mountain that, save vegetation, is completely mono-color. Adding some rocks and boulders would greatly help address this issue. Finally, adding some destruction could help make the combat more convincing. You reference artillery and rocket barrages, but there are no craters, explosions, or destroyed trees.

Thanks for playing!