Brick Customs

[MOC] UCS Jango Fett's Slave 1 - Instructions!

Hey guys!  This is an older creation of mine, but I just realized I hadn't yet posted it here.  This set takes inspiration, of course, from the official Boba Fett UCS, as well as from an old partially completed MOC by Flickr user Maelven

The set started after the official release of the UCS Boba Fett Slave 1.  I didn't like some of the transitions on the Official UCS, so I set about modifying the set.  My favorite set that I owned as a kid was the Jango Fett Slave 1 (7159), so naturally I had to have a Jango Fett color scheme.  A lot of the parts on the lower dish of the official set are not available in dark blue, so a redesign was required.  However, I also felt the official design was a bit blocky, so I hoped I could make some improvements along the way.

25401251646_5d0e801990_c.jpg

25131843460_cec0906ae8_c.jpg

25401293456_f76779571a_c.jpg

25059872579_e3b23284c8_c.jpg

25401285026_3769b2526c_c.jpg

Edited by Brick Customs

On 7/28/2017 at 7:43 AM, MovieMocs said:

I like it but it looks too similar to the UCS Boba fetts Slave 1...It's still a good moc.

My goal with this model wasn't to build something completely new.  I took the official UCS and did my best to improve upon it.  I ended up changing about 60% of the original design.  The main parts of the fuselage remain about the same (aside from color changes), but the entire lower "dish" as well as the fuselage around the cockpit and the "wheel wells" are all my own work.  

I guess you could say it's more of a MOC/Mod.  :P