May I present to you, my take on a  car from the legendary 1980's Group-C racing series.

Cars from that series were known for producing literally tons of down force through under body diffusers that accelerated the air underneath the car and vented it through two large openings in the back.

The resulting low-pressure area underneath the entire car paired with aggressive splitters and light weight of the vehicle resulted in cornering speeds of up to 3-4 g's. Engine power in excess of 1000 bhp accelerated those cars to speeds up to 245 mp/h or 405 km/h. 

With my build, which consists of approx 1500 parts, I tried to visually capture the extreme speed and raw power of those cars. I hope you like it! :classic:

Hopde3Q.jpg

0C0N3IM.jpg

EWQzbAk.jpg

L3dVb5m.jpg

CEQuX36.jpg

zj6Kyhp.jpg

Edited by GiantAmbushBeetle

Yep. That's spectacular. Definitely some Sauber C9 in the shaping. Nice job on those tricky nose slopes (and integrating steering!), that wing is lovely, and I'm impressed how well that windscreen integrates.

5 hours ago, prototyp said:

Yep. That's spectacular. Definitely some Sauber C9 in the shaping. Nice job on those tricky nose slopes (and integrating steering!), that wing is lovely, and I'm impressed how well that windscreen integrates.

Thanks guys!  I'm happy with how the cockpit turned out, though I secretly wish the window was two studs wider.. :sweet:

On 7/27/2017 at 0:54 PM, GiantAmbushBeetle said:

With my build, which consists of approx 1500 parts, I tried to visually capture the extreme speed and raw power of those cars. I hope you like it! :classic:

You really did capture it, I love the model, very visually appealing.