GarryTheMinifig

[MOC] R75 "Weevil" High-Performance Racer

Here's the first MOC I've posted here, a futuristic six-wheeled race car totally not inspired by the cars from Blade Runner, at all. I don't know what makes you think that.

Okay, it kind of is. With that canopy piece, I had to do it. It was even going to have a hover feature involving the front wheel assemblies rotating around but I couldn't get it to work that well, hence the little pin/liftarm bits. I did decide to keep some of those parts in, though, because it created some neat angling and a sort of semi-functioning suspension. 

35759925260_9d8b02da2b_c.jpg

"Hey guys, it's Garry again with another Kirkslist find! Seller said it was a... uh, Model R75 race car. Never seen this kind before."

36149633895_06075acf5a_c.jpg

"Awfully cramped inside... but the upholstery doesn't smell like moldy bacon this time. Score!"

35759923290_44e9251e16_c.jpg

"Vroom vroom."

35343657023_6f32d517ab_c.jpg

"Nice, tail lights! I think that means it's street legal, right?"

35310327944_1f8e3512fe_c.jpg

"Woah, it can handle pretty rough terrain too. Neat." (Here's that suspension I was talking about.)

35759920790_664b712cd0_c.jpg

"Really low to the ground though... not so much going on in the undercarriage. I wonder where everything is?"

35759922350_e35bab8fbf_c.jpg

"Ah, here's the engine! Waaaiitaminute, I remember this, the seller said not to look directly into this part, something about the accelerated particl-"

36149632485_b4cdc11a12_c.jpg

Finally, here's an exploded view of the rear assembly, showing how it's offset.

35343664293_f9041569fc_z.jpg

No real explanation for this one beyond "jointed moving parts are fun and this is why I put them in every moc"

Check out the full gallery for more views and build details!

Congratulations on your first MOC post here on Eurobricks! And I love this creation! Its like an off road blade runner, and the color scheme is perfect I think. If you did it in black though, it would make a great Batmobile! And seriously, is it OK if I say that this model is totally official Lego set worthy?! Because it is! Thumbs up!

9 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Congratulations on your first MOC post here on Eurobricks! And I love this creation! Its like an off road blade runner, and the color scheme is perfect I think. If you did it in black though, it would make a great Batmobile! And seriously, is it OK if I say that this model is totally official Lego set worthy?! Because it is! Thumbs up!

Thanks! Funny you should mention that, the tumbler Batmobile was another not-so-subtle design inspiration.

This is my

32 minutes ago, GarryTheMinifig said:

Thanks! Funny you should mention that, the tumbler Batmobile was another not-so-subtle design inspiration.

This is my Tumbler moc. I build it to a UCS scale which is a bit bigger than minifig scale. You should build a UCS version of your "Weevil" or a Blade Runner :) That would be a cool moc.