johnny or Indy?

Indy or johnny?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Indy or johnny?

• Indy!
    • johnny!
    • don't like either
    • hmm can't decide...

Johnny definitely ! The Adventurer theme is full of playable and cheap sets. Indy sets are very nice but far too expensive. Johnny can go everywhere but Indy is restricted by licence. No chance to see Indy in Jurrassic Park ! :-D

Edited by daoudbazaar

Can I have the question clarified? I like Indy more as he is less of a rip-off, but I like Johnny more as a theme as it has more flexibility in potential sets... 8-|

Can I have the question clarified? I like Indy more as he is less of a rip-off, but I like Johnny more as a theme as it has more flexibility in potential sets... 8-|

vote for the i can't decide option.. *y*

vote for the i can't decide option.. *y*

Done. :'-( I didn't want to do that, but you're the boss.

I voted for Johny.... )

The Adventurers line provided us with more playability, in my opinion, than Indy does now....

Indy sets are "conflict-based" and in adventurers line it was not that obvious. Plus, in Indy, we are much "restricted" by the frames of the film, and Johny was open for any fantasy.... (I do understand that many of you may say that we can also imagine some new Indy adventures, but given some specific film moments in the sets, that doesn't work for me.... Don't know why.... *sweet* )

I voted for Johny.... )

The Adventurers line provided us with more playability, in my opinion, than Indy does now....

Indy sets are "conflict-based" and in adventurers line it was not that obvious. Plus, in Indy, we are much "restricted" by the frames of the film, and Johny was open for any fantasy.... (I do understand that many of you may say that we can also imagine some new Indy adventures, but given some specific film moments in the sets, that doesn't work for me.... Don't know why.... *sweet* )

I agree with pretty much everything The Penguin just said, Indy sets just aren't as great, nor as fun as the Adventurers.

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Indy. They gave us what was thouht impossible: flesh ( *wub* ) nazis and later on also soviets.

I like johhny too, but he's... yellow :-X ( :-D )

TT

Same reason as me?

Yea, Indy will be a great line and one of the best liscenses but johnny was a legend! so many good memories, not to mention they were cheaper than Indy but i really like what TLG have done with the Indy line!

Ooohh! This is a toughie.

I like Johnny as it their was no story line, so your imagination could roam free, also Johnny travelled to many places so we got sets based in China and architectural designs we hadn't really seen before. But indy sets are limited to the movies. Then again, we do get Nazi figs!! :-D

I voted for Johnny on the basis of variety. A lot more could be done with him, as stated earlier. Indy feels limited. Yes, they could take the "Expanded Universe" angle with him, as Star Wars does, but it would really feel cheap to me.

Interesting to note that I'm the 5th vote for Johnny, and each and every one of us posted to the thread to show our support, whereas some of the Indy people just voted and never commented. Clearly, Johnny appeals to those of us who can't shut uplike to participate in conversations.

In a weird way, that makes a point I considered while voting. Johnny offered a "do it yourself" adventure within a large framework. Indy offers a "recreate the movie" situation. I prefer the more creative approach.

That said, I'll buy all of the Indy sets. I like the theme, I will support and enjoy the theme. I'm glad to get them, since it really wasn't a matter of Johnny or Indy, it was Indy or nothing.

Indy. I always viewed Johnny Thunder as a poor man's Indy anyhow. Now that we've got the real deal, I have no use for Johnny and company (the female minifig heads in that line were great though).

While I enjoy both themes, I prefer Johnny more. Indy offers a bunch of great pieces and sets but it won't last forever. I was playing with Johnny before I even heard Indiana Jones.

Even if the box says "Indy", i still read it as "Johnny". Haven't really seen the movies, justwant the sets for the vehis (good military vehis) and ruins (the foresty reigon outside of albrickuerque has some ruins in it) :D

Johnny any day.

The first ever lego set I got was Johnny.

The latest Set I got was Indy the truck and Motorcycle chase.

But Johnny is a Classic lego Icon, and his made more sets.

You gotta admit his brilliant for 11 year old theme man!!

Figwise I would have to say Indy, love his whole outfit! *wub*

Setwise it really doesn't matter, I collected the Adventurer sets, because I always loved adventure and treasure hunting.

Today I collect Indiana Jones for the same reasons *sweet*

p

I prefer Indy, like some other people said, I always saw Jonny Thunder as a rip off Indy... >:-)

By the way... He's only called Jonny Thunder in the Orient Expedition sets, I think his name was Tom Grant in the Egyptian and Jungle sets 8-| . Then again... I could be wrong X-D

Edited by Inertia

Are we talking just the figure or the Indy/Adventurer lines?

I'm going to assume you mean figures.

I think Indy is a great figure. Well designed, lots of accessories (hat and pouch). He captures the Indy essence very well. The only down side is the fleshtones.

Johnny is a great figure too. He kind of a copy of Indy (which is a negative) but with lots of differences (facial hair, different hat).

Personally, I think I prefer JT. He's the hero of my stories. The star of a great line. An all around great figure. And yellow.

That's not to say I don't like Indy though.

I've got them both on my desk at work.

Steve