MovieMocs

My Lego Display and Storage [Post yours here]

If anyone has been following my forum posts then you know that I don't make my mocs symmetrical because I don't have enough parts too. I make one side how I want to and then either don't make the other side or just very plain. This is extremely frustrating but I've learned to deal with it. I really want to see the size and layout of peoples Lego setups and displays so I can get inspired and maybe others too. Here's what my display and setup looks like:

35751032400_bc0b6aa0e3_b.jpg

35974216212_f550bc064e_b.jpg

35751030440_53bef0d5f6_b.jpg

35974220392_d0b3c70d64_b.jpg

35974221672_6f2e9eb6e8_b.jpg

35751041680_01eccbd2c3_b.jpg

35974225092_458ace182c_b.jpg

35974219002_c9c3ec63b1_b.jpg

If you haven't noticed, those beads are stored in an ice cube container...that's how desperate I am :)

Edited by MovieMocs

Ice cube containers are actually not a bad idea.  They seem useful, especially for very small parts such as those.  I have seen people use tool boxes, even fishing tackle boxes for storing Lego.  As long as you have a way of finding the part you are looking for, it cannot be bad.  I am very limited in space, so it is only possible to have a MOC or two out and some of my favorite sets at any given time.  

True. My Lego area is in my bedroom so again I don't have too much space but as you can see from the pics the only other thing besides Lego in my bedroom is my bed :)

The ice-cube tray is an excellent idea for segregating smaller parts. Many people use drawer systems, which have the advantage of stacking up the parts so you use less desk space, and the parts are all within easier reach. Have a look here: 

Thanks :) I just recently got 25 tic tac boxes from a friend for free so now I'm starting to color sort my parts as well as sort by piece. My Lego collection has grown recently because I just had 4 big Brickowl Hauls so now I need bins for all my new parts :) I like the tic tac boxes because if I'm lucky and plan it right I can color coordinate the parts with the color of the box :)  I was going to buy those good drawers but there too expensive for me :( I'm so desperate for space, as you can see, some of my bigger bins have a cardboard separator so I can have 2 smaller bins.

Edited by MovieMocs