WesternOutlaw

I Hear the Train a Comin'

A chilling breeze blows into Eurobricks Train Tech followed by a few dry (tan) tumbleweeds. :pir-look:

A ghostly train has arrived at the depot to let a figure dressed in black step off.

Looks like there's been a few changes around these parts.

It's been a long time since I've seen that specific ghost train, a very long time indeed. Wellcome back!

Good to see you back. Although I wasn't here properly when you were last, I have been well aware of your absence.
Also, tumbleweed isn't a new thing here; it can be very quiet sometimes :laugh:.

Thank you ALL for the nice "welcome back".  I'm still acquainting myself with the forums and some folks I don't remember.  It has been around 5 years since I've visited, 7 since Train Tech was established.  It's great to read your comments - they make me smile. :classic:

I tip my black hat to the moderators for keeping EB #1 (esp. Train Tech and Town); as well as you guys that frequent the forum.  EB has always been about the great community of members like you.

Hope no one minds if I share some thoughts from time-to-time.  Haven't done any LEGO Train building in a VERY LONG time.  My train engine is a bit rusty... :wink:  

EDIT: I think this is where I last left off (have to add at least one):

15690751794_94f53ae927_o.jpg

A very warm welcome back - I missed your comments, forum moderation, organizing skills, ideas, so many things!

That makes my day.

No - no one minds what so ever. In contrast.

Warmly,
Thorsten 

20 hours ago, Toastie said:

A very warm welcome back - I missed your comments, forum moderation, organizing skills, ideas, so many things!

Thanks much T!

Welcome back TheBrickster WesternOutlaw! I'm not that active on the forum anymore, occasionally visit it, but I liked reading your articles and I hope more will come. I was known as Richie back then, but changed my username as well (and thinking about changing it again).

On 7/23/2017 at 11:42 AM, Rijkjavik said:

Welcome back TheBrickster WesternOutlaw! 

Thanks - I think a few have used the "Brickster" name since, so thought WO might be a little more fitting. I've also been using this name for my military images.

On 7/23/2017 at 11:21 PM, Man with a hat said:

There's a surprise. Good to see you back. And please share your thoughts.

Thanks man!

3 hours ago, Hobbes said:

*tipping hat*

*slight nod*

Hobbes, my old friend.  Good to see you still around.  

Hi @WesternOutlaw! I read that you said you do opinion pieces, and I just want to say that those are the kind of posts I just love. :sweet:

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

On ‎26‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 11:54 AM, Hobbes said:

*tipping hat*

*slight nod*

@Hobbes

You know, learning a foreign language is one thing. Living with and in it is another. Your reply is so warm and welcoming. That phrase is maybe well known to so many people out there - it was not to me. I like to use it when things like this happen.

Thank you very much! This forum is so much more than presenting LEGO ideas!

All the best,

Thorsten.

Edited by Toastie

On 7/26/2017 at 6:18 AM, LegoMonorailFan said:

I read that you said you do opinion pieces, and I just want to say that those are the kind of posts I just love. :sweet:

Thanks!

On 7/28/2017 at 8:20 AM, Electricsteam said:

Welcome back man!  Its been quite a long time hasn't it ? :tongue:

Thanks ES - it has!

On 7/28/2017 at 3:05 PM, Toastie said:

This forum is so much more than presenting LEGO ideas!

Absolutely, Thorsten. you've got that right on!

On 7/28/2017 at 11:09 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This forum is a pool of lego friends! :classic:

Well said - it's a great place with a lot of warm, positive and creative energy.