Sign in to follow this  
The Maestro

Waldred the War Master

35059747273_b849d92e36_c.jpg

From a young age Waldred had an unhealthy interested in war. But now as his days grow short, he retires from his years of advising and training to live peacefully in a small tower.

This has been busy gathering dust while I am rushing to finish my other Brick show mocs (not to mention a very, very large moc (Hype!)) I am very proud of this, to me the stone work is good, landscaping great and the Tudor/roof better. The roof was the most challenging part, but thanks to 40+ angled plates I was fine :P Credit for most, if not all techniques go to of course @Legonardo , who gave me the inspiration for this build a couple years ago at CBS (yup this thing has been floating around for two years).

This and the rest of my mocs were on display at the Christchurch Brick Show last weekend, It was great seeing the public's opinion and they seemed to love the "Rapunzel" tower. Hope you enjoy and C&C needed.

Edited by The Maestro

Nicely done!  The Tudor and stone work are definitely great, and the roof is very well done too! :thumbup:  I'm not quite certain about the mix of olive and sand green in the landscape - that combination almost always looks a tad odd to me - but I really like the pathway; that technique works very nicely there, much better than as a wall, IMHO. :classic:  Keep it up! 

Very nice build here Maestro, neat angles on the roof and great stonework!  The dead vines trailing up the tower are a nice touch! :thumbup: 

Awesome build TM! There's so much to love here: the excellent colourscheme (though I think normal green wouldn't hurt :wink:), all the war-restants scattered about (the dummy, the swords, his wand,...) and of course the roofs :drool: I can only imagine how all these angles come together, but you actually built it! Gorgeous :wub:

Oh, before I forget: a special thumbs-up for the weather vane on top of the tower! :thumbup:

Really amazing tower build. I can never imagine how to go about building this kind of snot work with the different angles and rough texture finish. The Tudor bits and roof are great and the vines are lovely. Was it little whips used for that?

Excellent tower build! I agree with Garmadon that the sand and olive greens don't work the best together, but the rest of the build is great.

I don't know how you made so many layers of the tower slanted in different directions but it looks amazing.

I love the roof, TM! Definitely the highlight for me. The mixing of the two greens is a bit off-putting, as others have said, but I think it is more the arrangement (it almost looks striped in the picture) than the actual combining of the two. On a walk the other day I saw two greens very similar to these mixed, with thick olive moss topped by a few scattered patches of lichen or something like that, so it is at least natural to combine them. Another nice LD-style build from you!

Red and dark red make such a pretty roof :wub: The timber portions up top are incorporated nicely, and I like the addition of the small tree on the right :thumbup:

That path technique fits really well here, I'm gonna have to try it out at some point! :thumbup: Fabulous stonework and roofing as well, must have been quite the task to get them all aligned correctly. The vines on the tower were a great addition as well :classic:

The path with the helmets is cool :) Also the roundish shape of the tower is excellent. Great work Maestro! :wub: