Hey fellow LEGO fans, may I present to you my latest creation! :classic:

As the title says, this is a (fantasy / my own interpretation) version of a Group-6 race car from the mid to late 70's. I had a ton of fun building it as I never used so many smooth round bricks in a single model before. :sweet:

It consist of approx 760 parts, it has functional steering, its low-drag aerodynamic design is very realistic, it has a removable rear bodywork and a fully modeled cockpit. 

I hope you like it! 

qKj7Zek.jpg

dEXCSmS.jpg

xaJBFcT.jpg

ZJiQi7q.jpg

kl9rMfB.jpg

SZN3Hbd.jpg

KV3qbXV.jpg

Edited by GiantAmbushBeetle

Looks really cool. Wonderfully nicely curved, clean and neat build - it just looks so right :classic: The engine looks very good as well. Simple but perfectly catching the look. Great job!:thumbup:

P.S. I just saw this is your first post. Welcome to Eurobricks. Quite a way to introduce oneself!

Edited by Littleworlds

17 minutes ago, Littleworlds said:

Looks really cool. Wonderfully nicely curved, clean and neat build - it just looks so right :classic: The engine looks very good as well. Simple but perfectly catching the look. Great job!:thumbup:

P.S. I just saw this is your first post. Welcome to Eurobricks. Quite a way to introduce oneself!

Thank you!

Yes its a little...pragmatic. :wink: I have lots of experience with SNOT but when I designed this car I simply did not encounter a situation that demanded extensive use of ''advanced'' building techniques.

I hope this is not a drawback , I like to think that some models can be rather simple yet at the same time attractive. Like some people. :laugh: :wink:

Edited by GiantAmbushBeetle

Just now, GiantAmbushBeetle said:

Thank you!

Yes its a little...pragmatic. :wink: I have lots of experience with SNOT but when I designed this car I simply did not encounter a situation that demanded extensive use of ''advanced'' building techniques.

I hope this is not a drawback , I like to think that some models can be rather simple yet at the same time attractive. Like some people. :laugh: :wink:

I find its totally appropriate actually. If you can make it look good with basic building technique, there is no need to over-engineer it :wink: Just like there are still pretty conventional creator sets around, that still look completely fine as they are.

This is great! Fits the spirit of what you were going for and the final result is the right kind of curvy, which we all know can be tough. Nice work. 

10 hours ago, SirBlake said:

This is great! Fits the spirit of what you were going for and the final result is the right kind of curvy, which we all know can be tough. Nice work. 

Thanks! Yeah I like curves! :wink:

Beautiful shaping and a(nother) great build. It's very tidy and looks quite solid, yet has very nice flowing curves. That rear structure transitioning from brick-built to Technic system beams is a good trick.