HallBricks

Difference between Orange and Earth Orange

Hi! 

I'm not that familiar with other forums than Technic on Eurobricks, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm working on a small system model in Stud.io. I'm mostly into Technic and own barely any recent system parts at all, which is the reason I'm building virtually. There are certain details I want to build with orange parts, but all parts I want to use are not available in a single shade of orange. Some are available in regular orange, and some in Earth Orange. I don't own any Earth Orange parts, but in the computer it looks very similar to regular orange. To help me decide if Earth Orange is usable for this project I wonder if someone could share a picture with parts of both orange shades next to each other. 

Thank you in advance, 

/HallBricks

I have never heard of 'Earth Orange' before. As stud.io is a derivative of Bricklink, I presume the colour catalogs must be matched, so I went to Bricklink's colour guide (it's here) to see what the difference was.

It turns out 'regular' Orange has over 1300 parts in it, whilst Earth Orange only has around 35 - and they're all fairly special parts.
(The parts' main thumbnail image may not be in Earth Orange, but those are the only parts created in that colour. You have to be careful with the colour guide, at first I was looking at a list only with the 'Parts With Example Thumbnails In [Earth Orange]', and the total only came to 23. That was the wrong list.) 

I don't know what parts you are using that are in Earth Orange, but apparently only a few parts were ever created in it, and I can't see what you would want to use that hasn't been created in regular Orange.

Thank you for your answers! There are indeed many more parts available regular orange (I mean the color which is just called Orange) but the part I would like to use is Bar 4L 30374 which only seems to be available in Earth Orange and Dark orange. I really need to use some sort of bar piece in orange, preferably 3L or 4L but none of those are available in orange. Earth orange might not be the best alternative because of the rarity though. 

Hmm. Earth Orange Bar 4L starts at ~50p, whereas the same in Black is only ~1p (sorry for the currency, my Bricklink is set to GDP). Dark Orange is worse at ~75p, and it rapidly increases. 

@HallBricks I can't really help beyond here as I don't know what you're building, but is the scale of the model such that using a bar piece in Black, LBG or another common colour would ruin the looks? Could you add other Black/LBG details around, so all the e.g. hydraulic equipment is the same, different colour? Maybe a stripe or something might fit? Perhaps even (dare I say it) you could find a knock-off brand version in the right colour, if the model is only ever going to be on your own shelf? (I'll leave now, I've probably made enough enemies with that last sentence...)

@ColletArrow I'm working on a very small crane model. Literally the smallest scale you can achieve with Lego, and I wanted to use the bar for the crane boom so the color does matter. Even though the final model is going on my own shelf I want it to be Lego parts only. I'll hopefully figure something out. 

I didn't realize how rare this color was and thought someone could easily take a picture of it. 

Thank you for your help!

17 hours ago, HallBricks said:

I really need to use some sort of bar piece in orange, preferably 3L or 4L

If it doesn't need the stiffness of one of those bars, you could cut one of these to size.

1 hour ago, Gnac said:

If it doesn't need the stiffness of one of those bars, you could cut one of these to size.

Of course! I even have those...

Thank you very much, didn't think of that.