Hi everybody.

As I was into the shop this midday I saw this set:

4lFjPo.jpg

This makes me think, even if it is a star wars figure, that this pretty girl needs a bike. A BIG bike...just like Lara Croft....

So I decided to build something different this time. And here is the result of this evening build:

it is the first sketch of what the model will be, as usual.

About everything is to be compacted and redesign, but this give a good idea of what is incoming.

Tomorrow I will by the SW figure st to match the scale of both of them. All the ergonomic aspect of the bike will be calibrate based on the TLC figure

JOOZnL.jpg

I let my imagination do this evening, Motoguzzi inspiration mixed with old BMW/Harley frame....All is in the mix.

I am pretty happy with what I came out. This give me the base and  a vision for the next of the build:

The main ideas are: A fully detailed enormous engine fitted into a lightweight frame and all terrain wheels.

At this point I do not have any idea if I will realize back suspension or not for this model. maybe just a suspension for the Saddle ?

It will have a gearbox, already sketched and installed. The sequential lever is still a question actually. I think to due to it's size, it must be realized here.

sCMFaX.jpg

ifxAd0.jpg

I do think that this model will take me a lot of time to finished. It is a quiet unusual theme for me. But I like the challenge that it represent for me.

Any comment or advice are welcome.

To be continued...

Edited by steph77

Cool idea, for a first sketch as you call it the shape is captured very well. I am very interested to see how the gearbox works out.

The shape is great, a 4 speed gearbox is a first for me in a motorcycle so that'll be interesting.

It is a bit late for me, but shouldn't the pistons move against each other in a boxer motor?

13 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

The shape is great, a 4 speed gearbox is a first for me in a motorcycle so that'll be interesting.

It is a bit late for me, but shouldn't the pistons move against each other in a boxer motor?

I think your are right on this. I search a good proportion to the engine and this is not easy due to e.g. the proportions of the figure.

I am still not working on the mechanical part of the project actually but still trying to find one good badass design for it.

Here is what it looks like actually. I think the engine design has to be more massive. and I need to find quickly now a solution for the gearbox lever...

a0EZoh.jpg

Ok. It's done.

Here is my Sergeant 's bike:

esTtoe.jpg

I finally managed all the function i would insiside. There are some dissapointments at the end, we will see that under conclusion.
First the design: a good badass design based on a massive engine, a lightweight frame and a functional 4 speeds sequential gearbox

dw3nJl.jpg

You can see on the previous picture the sequential mechanics. It is only able to pass the speeds in up, not down. This is a compromise i had to do to keep the design as light as i wanted.

Two large exhaust pipes are place and the ergonomy is based on our Sergeant :)

From the upper view you can clearly see the space i reserved for her

Hzef5S.jpg

The saddle is finished. I used as much Brown pièces i could ( i didn't have that much parts in this color) to match with the figure's color sheme

w1PdIE.jpg

I cleanup the engine 's design and you can see on the picture below the lever for the gearbox at left foot. The axle pass to the right side of the bike where a second lever is connected to a string going to the rear part of the engine.

7cXkri.jpg

The string you can see it at the background of the picture. It makes one transversal axle rotate. The lever at the opposite is connected to a system that make rotate the red worm gear and do not make it rotate when going back to initial position. This implement one 90° rotation per step to the classical 4 speeds gearbox. The whole system use only one string (i know it would be better in black)

And,...wait...isn't it our sergeant  i see there?

cfio7X.jpg

oww

Fp8wKA.jpg

Ok sorry sorry sorry....

View from the top i try to add as much 'volume' i can in the all build

K2XBqI.jpg

The back view is still weird . Need a proper mudgard i think...

Aywgjs.jpg

Conclusion: a set to display. Not to play with.

Why?

I make one major error when designing this Moc. After let it to my son who played with it some issues happened. The main frame is NOT sturdy enough.

I better had to build it based on liftarm, NOT withe simple connectors. As the design is better that way i didn't thought that the figure had to be installed  and remove from the bike. This has for consequence the bike's structure is stressed a lot and ,sadly, parts come out particulary on the rear assembly.

Whatever this was fun to build and the display is still good looking as it.

@+

Wow! Your latest changes are a really great improvement. The coolest Lego motorcycle I have ever seen!

Please don't ruin this fantastic optic using liftarms for the frame. Playability is not the most important thing of motorcycles - unless you manage to include RC ...

Greetings

Leonard Goldstein

Thanks!

We build forwards this afternoon with my son. The problem with this Moc is that it is in the in between of two different worlds.

On one hand we have the universe of technic Mocs. And on the other hand we have the Lego action figure's world.

As we where speaking about that my son asked me, for once, to go further on the action figure's road.

So we do. the question we asked together were: where do the sergeant leave is gun on? what happened when no more fuel?

At these question we pass our time to add some details like a cooling system, finishing on the boxer engine, a trap for the fuel tank and a rear mudguard who is also a kind of storage.

Here is the result. we hope you will like it:

Main view. Add the 40th year anniversary, rear view mirrors, an asymmetric cooling system. on this picture you also can see the treatment of the back part of the model

83kZBG.jpg

Here we have improved the rear mudguard. we build it in gray to contrast with the main frame and keep a clear view of how it it's structurally build.

AW50Nl.jpg

we also improved lighting and the footrests. We also add a trap for refueling.

l0xs7p.jpgCvooHF.jpg

Closer view of the back part. Lots of place to fix stuffs...BTW we also fix properly the engine's exhausts...

bNHSS6.jpg

We also find a black spring and cleanup the design of the gearbox selector. We also solved the issue with connector solidity at the back adding 1/2 liftarm in the traction zone

a6LsVX.jpg

Detail of the radiator...

m4BVYT.jpg

From the other side, the cooling system is connected to the engine..

NneRx2.jpg

Ok, here it is for today.

Do not hesitate to tell us what you think about that build :classic:

Again: this is really coooooool! I like all the new details :thumbup:

I've been browsing through the official Lego motorcycle sets in the meantime - but none of that list comes close to yours.

Greetings

Leonard Goldstein

work still continue on this project.

I wasn't satisfied with some issues and decided to modifie the model to merge the technic spirit to the Lego figure's one.

Here is the result. They are: new exhaust design, new gearbox setup, new footrest. The engine as been decreased of 2 studs wide each side.

Next to that I completely reinforce discreetly the frame and got this design:

YddquV.jpg

I modified the stands with a discreet 12T gear to deploy it

krlrDI.jpg

The new exhaust is much more realistic I found, and only placed in one side to keep an assymetric design allowing a good seeing n the mechanical part of the gearbox's selector.

6nHSxE.jpg

and sorry for the picture's quality :wacko:

MzGvYb.jpg

Wel, what do you think guys of these mods?