Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Whitefang Evolved

After 3 years of good and faithful services, I was getting tired of my Whitefang. But I discovered I was very attached to that little space dragon, and couldn't just get rid of it... So I planned an upgrade, completely changing the size and techniques of the body, and correcting every bits that bothered me since the initial creation...

Thanks to Aaron aka Nuju Metru for his useful thoughts and advice!

35218615553_9cf6301081_c.jpg

35639550820_bc97537782_c.jpg

35189322694_21689dc540_c.jpg

35639568490_4259fdd994_c.jpg

35189275714_d3419b7644_c.jpg

I looked at the original (Which I'd never seen) and this one is even better than the first one! Nice work Bob!

I read the first sentence as you were getting tired of our faithful mod whitefang, though. :tongue:

What a spectacular beast! Very organic and dynamic. It looks a bit like a cross between a dragon, Giger's alien and a stormtrooper. Has definitely style!

My upsized MOC, featuring me! :tongue: 

Nice work, Bob. I enjoy it very much. It does look like a cross breed between a dragon and serpent.  

WhiteFang, I didn't know  you're a Pokemon!

Great MOC @Bob De Quatre  - I always prefer the brick-built heads on all dragons.

Thanks guys :blush:

On 19/07/2017 at 10:20 PM, Venunder said:

Very awesome build. :thumbup:

Is it articulated or does it have to remain in this pose?

It's a fixed position. making it articulated would require more space, and would be a nightmare to stabilise. The neck and tail  are articulated but on ly on one axle as I used two ball joint, and I use them to help with the balance.

On 19/07/2017 at 11:15 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

I looked at the original (Which I'd never seen) and this one is even better than the first one! Nice work Bob!

I read the first sentence as you were getting tired of our faithful mod whitefang, though. :tongue:

There's no way I'd get tired of Whitefang! Both of them :sweet:

*huh* I remember being amazed at the first one... But this one takes it way beyond the next level! Incredible build! :thumbup:

Only minor issue I see with it is that the main body seems a bit too wide... Especially with the narrow/thin neck leading to the head.

Excellent work Bob: your natural flair for organic design never fails to instil awe, bewilderment and uncontrollable envy in other spaceship builders :laugh:.

Looks really cool! The curvature is beautiful. :wub:
If I remember correctly, we tried making instructions for an earlier version right? 

EDIT: yes, indeed. Was able to find the files. Well, I guess the attempt died in silence. :laugh:

Thanks guys :blush:

On 22/07/2017 at 10:14 PM, Evolved Turtle said:

The techniques on the head are remarkable!

The head is heavily based on Aaron Newman's work. So all credits go to him :wink:

On 23/07/2017 at 9:08 AM, legolijntje said:

Looks really cool! The curvature is beautiful. :wub:
If I remember correctly, we tried making instructions for an earlier version right? 

EDIT: yes, indeed. Was able to find the files. Well, I guess the attempt died in silence. :laugh:

Yep, I remember that attempt :laugh:

Maybe I'll try to do some instructions for this one...