The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 3rd Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 4th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 5th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 6th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 7th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 8th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 9th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 10th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 11th Chapter (Ye be here)

33569010493_6d4ca30e5e_z.jpg

(Build by Captain Braunsfeld)

Captain Cookie continued:

"After resurfacing, our highwayman, the Red Fandango, headed back to his crew in a gloomy mood."

35971547276_4e46ab4c5d_z.jpg

"It seemed to him that all the monkeys on the whole island were laughing at him.  And, as a matter of fact, they were."   

35842127092_a04544e23f_z.jpg

"So the Red Fandango was near an island?" Lady de Summers put in.

"Oh, yes," Captain Cookie returned.  "He had just landed from the Sparkle in a little dinghy to search for the treasure.  You will remember that according to the maps, the wreck of the 8 Provinces was to be found in an island's cove."

35971565366_2f8770d299_z.jpg

"The look on his face immediately told his companions of his lack of success - though of course, he hadn't been foolish enough to let them know all the particulars.  He was no Trelawney - not he!

"This, naturally, cast his mates down into the dregs too.  Well, at least it cast his first mate Wilkes into the sulks - Jim was always happy in any situation as long as he didn't have to row, and he had done the job on the voyage out..."

35173389524_5a75a62106_z.jpg

"They set out to return to the ship, but already the Red Fandango was thinking of what his next move would have to be."

35623654740_7372947832_z.jpg

To be continued...

Another build for Captain Braunsfeld's storyline, and another rowboat from me!  Those are really remarkably fun to build! :grin:

One more overview shot (without the boat):

35202129263_e34eb23dc8_z.jpg

And now the story is back over to Captain B!

Enjoy, C&C are welcome! :classic:

Excellent build! My favorite parts are the colorful flowering undergrowth on the island and the great wave effect you've created in the water. This is one of my favorite water builds I've seen. And of course, the boat. I'm going to have to try my hand at some brick-built rowboats; you've done a wonderful job here. :thumbup:

Great build Garmadon, goes well with your last colorful one!  The rowboat looks really good too, cool to see more variations! :thumbup: 

I've been enjoying the storyline, and your rowboat does look good.  Plus who doesn't love monkeys!

Not a criticism, but a question: why did you go with grey for the spit of land?  It looks a a bunch of vegetation growing out of the rock, so it had me curious why you went that route.

Lovely island - excellent approach to water, looks fantastic (kind of carribean)!

And you have created a fine custom boat too.

We should do a series: Eslandola's finest rowing boats :pir-laugh:

Me to take over then - chapter 12 seems to be a good number.

As nearly all of the above have said, I really like that brick-built small boat and the sea using trans clear plates above colored ones. It is definitely the most life-like technique used so far! And needless to say that the beach is classically beautiful as always :wink: 

Hahaha, wrong spot, how disappointing.:pir_laugh2:

The water is very well built, so as the island on a corner of the scene, I like also the palm trees leaning to one side.

Thanks all! :classic:

On 7/19/2017 at 11:41 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Excellent build! My favorite parts are the colorful flowering undergrowth on the island and the great wave effect you've created in the water. This is one of my favorite water builds I've seen. And of course, the boat. I'm going to have to try my hand at some brick-built rowboats; you've done a wonderful job here. :thumbup:

That's definitely one of my favorite techniques too!  It's a great way to use all of TLG's new awesome blue shades, and I don't think I've ever regretted getting all those trans-clear bricks! :laugh: :pir-laugh:  You should! - there really a lot of fun! :pir-sweet:

On 7/19/2017 at 3:15 PM, Professor Thaum said:

This small part of island is really beautyfull... I like the brickbuilt row boat too

Thanks Professor! :classic:

On 7/19/2017 at 4:08 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great build Garmadon, goes well with your last colorful one!  The rowboat looks really good too, cool to see more variations! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai!  And I've still got a list of about half a dozen other rowboats to try my hand at sometime or other! :pir-grin:

23 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

I've been enjoying the storyline, and your rowboat does look good.  Plus who doesn't love monkeys!

Not a criticism, but a question: why did you go with grey for the spit of land?  It looks a a bunch of vegetation growing out of the rock, so it had me curious why you went that route.

Ha, ha, thanks Kwatchi!  A good question - it is actually dark tan, though :grin:  I still do agree that it seems like it'd be rather tough soil for such luscious vegetation, and I probably should have gone with my original idea of including some light tan sand up higher away from the water, and maybe some green under the jungle-ish part.  In the end I didn't do that pretty much just because of how tiny the island was to start with :pir-grin:

22 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

As nearly all of the above have said, I really like that brick-built small boat and the sea using trans clear plates above colored ones. It is definitely the most life-like technique used so far! And needless to say that the beach is classically beautiful as always :wink: 

Thanks blackdeathgr!  It's hard to go wrong with a bunch of green and a handful of colorful parts for a jungle! :pir-laugh:  (And a bunch of animals... :laugh:)

18 hours ago, RocketSeason said:

Love the secret tree monkey.  Missed that detail when I looked at this for the first time.

"shhh... secret tree monkey..."

Ha, ha - it took a while to find a place where it wouldn't be constantly falling down!  Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Hahaha, wrong spot, how disappointing.:pir_laugh2:

The water is very well built, so as the island on a corner of the scene, I like also the palm trees leaning to one side.

Thanks Bodi, glad you like it! :pir-sweet: