WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71019 LEGO Minifigures - LEGO Ninjago Movie Series

LEGO Minifigures - LEGO Ninjago Movie Series   

132 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire LEGO Ninjago Movie Series?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for LEGO Ninjago Movie Series?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 4 - No, I prefer both traditional and licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures

7 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

What does achieving 3 full sets of figures in a box mean in terms of what's rare and what isn't? Will we have to wait and see to find out what figures are harder to get than others?
Or does getting 3 full sets in a box mean that we should expect even distributions of most figures?

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

They will be evenly distributed at the start, as there is an equal number of each figure.  After people start picking out their favorites, the distribution will shift, and the most popular ones will be slightly more rare because of it.

Actually even if we have the equal distribution for boxes in wild, it will definitely shift. Like in Singapore, you can never find Vacation Batman in the wild. In fact, it is so popular until you hope for the shop to open a mint box for you to touch and feel. So I am very confident that N-POP Girl will be very hot among collectors. 

Great review! Looking forward to add another set to my collection.

Can I ask, if I buy a sealed box, will there be 3 sets of minifigures in one box of 60 minifigures?

Daniel.

Thanks for the review. 

Again I will explain that the poll doesn't work for those of us who are okay with a mix of themed, licensed and traditional series (question 4 basically needs a 4th optiin)

1 hour ago, Daniel-Technic said:

Can I ask, if I buy a sealed box, will there be 3 sets of minifigures in one box of 60 minifigures?

Yes, as long as the box is originally sealed by TLG. Make sure the original seal is intact. 

4 minutes ago, williejm said:

Thanks for the review. 

Again I will explain that the poll doesn't work for those of us who are okay with a mix of themed, licensed and traditional series (question 4 basically needs a 4th optiin)

Thanks. I have updated the poll for option 4. Hope is not too late. I knew I forgotten something. 

On 7/20/2017 at 11:59 AM, Robert8 said:

Agree

Those are my thoughts as well

The CMFs are supposed to be unique.... not the 2319287th version of a character. 

I understand there must be some cost savers, but here they took it to eleven. I expected to see more characters like the N-Pop Girl and the Sushi Chef

Is this really that unexpected, though? It would have been strange for the series NOT to have some version of the main characters. And while Kai, Wu, Garmadon, and the two Lloyds are very similar to versions that come in other sets, the LEGO Movie series had a similar situation with Hard Hat Emmet, Scribble Face Bad Cop, and President Business. Meanwhile, the Cole, Zane, Jay, Flashback Garmadon, Pajama Garmadon, and Misako figures are all very different from the versions of those characters that appear in other sets.

@Herisanmi, @Digger of Bricks, @lifeinplastic and @AmperZand. I have some free time and managed to do these 3 shots. I have updated the review. I am unable to meet all of the requests due to some constrains and this is the best I can do right now. Hope you guys enjoy these new images. 

Encounter with Angler Sea Monster
36109181525_2e3de42e53_o_d.jpg

My complete teddy bears collection
36067254166_604131e833_o_d.jpg

Feel good without our prop hairpieces
35975614581_4302e65650_o_d.jpg

54 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Is this really that unexpected, though? It would have been strange for the series NOT to have some version of the main characters. And while Kai, Wu, Garmadon, and the two Lloyds are very similar to versions that come in other sets, the LEGO Movie series had a similar situation with Hard Hat Emmet, Scribble Face Bad Cop, and President Business. Meanwhile, the Cole, Zane, Jay, Flashback Garmadon, Pajama Garmadon, and Misako figures are all very different from the versions of those characters that appear in other sets.

No, it is perfectly alright to have variants of the same characters in different outlook. A different facial expression or slight change of the torso of the same character, I am still alright with those CMFs feature. However, unless my eyes are deceiving me. I personally felt quite upset to see Lloyd and Garmadon in the very same upcoming LEGO Ninjago Movie sets and they are appearing in a few sets. It look exactly the same and I personally hope there are some variants somewhere on that actual set minifigures. 

Not sure about Garmadon, but Lloyd face is the same. The only exclusive part there is the 3x2 printed tile

2 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

My complete teddy bears collection
36067254166_604131e833_o_d.jpg

@WhiteFang Great teddy bear collection!!! Looking forward to having mine also in my desk!! N-Pop would be the star of the series...undoubtedly, her price will raise in the second market!!

Thanks for the hairpiece swap pic @WhiteFang!

I should say, that hairpiece of Cole's works quite well on Aladdin; and on a side note, that "Mer-Angler" also works rather nicely. :classic:

Series is neat, but I the only ones I really need to get my hands on are Wu, normal Garmadon, hooded Lloyd, the Batman tech, and a couple Sushi Chefs to upgrade Thrawn and Yularen's legs. :wub: Thanks for the review Whitefang!

17 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

@Herisanmi, @Digger of Bricks, @lifeinplastic and @AmperZand. I have some free time and managed to do these 3 shots. I have updated the review...

Encounter with Angler Sea Monster

Thank you so much for taking a picture of the Angler Sea Monster! :thumbup: I was just throwing an idea out there and not expecting that anyone would do it, let alone photograph it. Fangy, you're the best! 

Hhmmmmm... I'm just not really impressed at all. Maybe if I saw the movie but I probably won't. This will most likely be the first time I don't collect an entire series. If CMF Series 18 is as good as its sounding I'll just put the money I would've spent into those. WhiteFang- as always, great review. Thanks!

I didn't read through the entire review, so my apologies if this has already been covered, but I picked up a sealed box of these at the San Diego Comic Con this weekend and sorted them today. Each row contained a complete set of 20 figures. I'm not sure if Lego packs all of their boxes the same way, but if they do and you want one complete set, all you'd need to do is pull one row from a newly-opened box and there you'd go!

- MJ

Is is just me or are some of the prints of lackluster quality? It's especially noticeable on some of the characters who bare their teeth grinning. The white print looks incomplete.

I believe what the Shark General has is not a milkshake or smoothie but a Bubble Tea (which would fit with the Asian theme of NinjaGo and with the bubble design on the cup)

3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I believe what the Shark General has is not a milkshake or smoothie but a Bubble Tea (which would fit with the Asian theme of NinjaGo and with the bubble design on the cup)

If is truly bubble tea, that will be amazing. It's a very popular drink in this part of the world. :sweet: 

3 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

If is truly bubble tea, that will be amazing. It's a very popular drink in this part of the world. :sweet: 

I thought it is bubble tea (not sure what other generic beverage it could be other than bubble tea since it is "bubbly")... and that is the reason why I bought that minifigure. :tongue:

Anyone been able to find these at TRU? I found a listing on the website earlier but that looks to have vanished, and when I went to the store they couldn't even find these in their systems.

On August 1, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Cinderbike said:

Anyone been able to find these at TRU? I found a listing on the website earlier but that looks to have vanished, and when I went to the store they couldn't even find these in their systems.

I went by on a whim during lunch and inquired about these but the guy didn't know or check their system. I didn't even know they're already out. Still two boxes of series 16 though :grin: 

Lego store got two boxes in and it turned out to be one of the most entertaining minifigure searches ever. There were a couple of moms there with their kids and it turned into a team effort of passing off the figs everyone was looking for. 

Kid: "nah this is just another old guy with corn flakes" :laugh:

Mom: "seems nobody wants the rock and roll guys"

Didn't get them all as priority should go to the kids and these will be around for a while but almost half the set:

36237120661_970f2f036e_b.jpg

Hi white fang. These are not available in my area yet, but I was wondering if the top part of the Lloyd's ninja mask works with the previous ninja face mask/neckerchief, also if that neckerchief works with the Lloyd green hoodie. Could you possibly post pictures of those? The colors don't have to match, of course. :)

I just found and opened the bags of 2 of my 3 most favourite Ninjago minifigures. I have the impression the quality of this series isn't optimal. The joints feel looser compared to other minifigures and the painting doesn't look so good. It's a bit of a let down, especially when they cost so much. I was expecting premium quality.

Edited by Wesley D

On 11.8.2017 at 8:17 PM, Wesley D said:

I have the impression the quality of this series isn't optimal. The joints feel looser compared to other minifigures and the painting doesn't look so good. It's a bit of a let down, especially when they cost so much. I was expecting premium quality.

I had the same impression when buying my first bag of the Ninjago movie series the day before yesterday. One bag costs 3.79 - 3.99 € depending on shop here in Germany, which is really quite expensive for a single minfig. Anyway. I took a random bag, and it turned out to be Jay Walker, which I'm not really interested in. The printing is relatively basic (no back printing, just a few black lines on the legs), but okay. However, the legs are already a little loose, I guess it will become worse over time (at least this was what happened to e.g. my samurais from CMF Series 3 and Sensei Wu from the 2255 spinner set although I don't "play" with them). I had hoped these quality issues had been solved, but it seems they go with poorer quality again. It's going to be interesting to see whether the bootleg brands turn out to deliver better minifigs... the first minifigs of this series have already been copied.

Leaving this aside, does anyone already have some bump codes? So far they have worked well for me (I have read that others failed, maybe it's due to having different codes for different countries/continents?), and I always feel a little stupid when touching those bags ;) And this time, there are even more minifigs and only three of each type within one of these boxes as far as I understood, so I would really prefer working with codes ;) I would be interested in Lloyd Garmadon, Ghetto Blaster Cole, Gong & Guitar Rocker, N-Pop Girl, and maybe Misako. Thanks for any help!