It's quite amazing how similar these two models look despite being aesthetically and mechanically designed completely differently. The curves in this new black car are pretty darn impressive though and it is one of the prettiest cars that I've ever seen. Would like to see more of the gearbox and other mechanics as the video was pretty short. :hmpf_bad:

f8lALTE.jpg

Once again a finger-lickin good model :wub:. I love the way the springs reside between the wishbones. Much more compact than the Scorpion. And the drive train with a DNR and a 4 speed- sequential - with R bypassing the gearbox - raises the bar for any upcoming supercar.

Here is the video. I just read on facebook that Paul did say that he is doing a second video on covering just the mechanics in the model.

17 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Maybe wait for @Paul Boratko to post it next time, but thanks for showing.

13 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Agreed.

I would feel the same way if I hadn't read somewhere that Paul is not planning to post about this model here.

3 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I would feel the same way if I hadn't read somewhere that Paul is not planning to post about this model here.

If you can remember where that was posted I would love to see it.  I have no idea why Paul would not post it here..... it takes just about as much time to note somewhere that you are not posting it somewhere than to just post it anyways.  Paul likes to get right to the meat and potatoes (pictures, video, and little narrative/information) of a post, not like he is overly verbose with details.....

I was eventually going to make a thread here once I got my modular chassis design/internal mechanics video complete.. I'll just update this thread with that new vid once I get it edited together... No big deal..

22 hours ago, Meatman said:

Here is the video. I just read on facebook that Paul did say that he is doing a second video on covering just the mechanics in the model.

You are correct... Should be done before the weekend... :thumbup:

Paul, when you do your new vid of the chassis and stuff, could you also please take some detailed pics of the modules, gearbox, etc? I would like to try and replicate that chassis the best that I can. The button system has me intrigued.:grin:

Edited by Meatman

5 hours ago, Meatman said:

Paul, when you do your new vid of the chassis and stuff, could you also please take some detailed pics of the modules, gearbox, etc? I would like to try and replicate that chassis the best that I can. The button system has me intrigued.:grin:

Yes, I will take lots of pics of the entire chassis and probably post a link for them to bricksafe.. The chassis is basically broken down into 5 modules and I used multiple colored parts(all axles are the new colored ones) to help make it easy for anyone who wants to try and build it.. Coincidentally enough, someone on my youtube video posted that the "Underside was awful" and the "Color vomit ruins the whole moc" 

800x429.jpg

As you can see here, the entire moc is ruined by the underside color vomit..

800x505.jpg

Just goes to show that you cannot please everyone.. :wink:

Edited by Paul Boratko

some people will complain about anything.

Please ignore it - the rest of us love your work and the skill and effort involved in your MOCs is extraordinary!

Cool, thanks Paul. That will give me something to tinker with until the new sets get released. The color vomit comment is kind of bizarre because the underside actually looks more interesting with certain areas done in certain colors. I hate looking at undercarriage shots of model where the entire thing is black and you cannot see what is going on. When I think of color vomit, I think of multi colored liftarms being used and not necessarily pins or connectors. Your model looks more "color coded" so to speak than actual "color vomit". You also cannot see any of these colors from the underneath on the finished model, so I don't understand how these colors are taking away from the model's appearance. The person who made that youtube comment is actually a poster here at eurobricks. :tongue:

Edited by Meatman

22 minutes ago, Meatman said:

Your model looks more "color coded" so to speak than actual "color vomit". You also cannot see any of these colors from the underneath on the finished model, so I don't understand how these colors are taking away from the model's appearance.

Well at least someone gets it..  :wink:

I'll have the module pics and chassis video up by Saturday.. :thumbup::thumbup:

Looks amazing, I cannot wait to see more! :thumbup: I like the idea of color-coding the various functions, I have done that myself a couple of times. It's actually quite useful.

From what i can see until now - based on the short vid: probably the new bar for supercars - kudos! The BI will be a must buy for me...

Hi Paul,

11/10. Nothing to say but that this is great.

For the coloring of the axle i also build using those colored parts as on my last truck.

As i build with my son this is a pretty good way to visualized the functions and sort them into the model.

Do not mind about people writing things on YT without having take the time to think about what they say.

(I also had a that kind of comments).

Again: great, neat, job.

Awesome gearbox! As far as the bodywork is concerned, my only nitpick is that I would use another flex axle above front wheelarches to close the gap a bit. Otherwise it is perfect!

Few 'buts' about the mechanics though. Why typical, old as world, double wishbone suspension? And steering links longer than wishbones? And no ackermann steering?

On 7/17/2017 at 4:08 PM, Didumos69 said:

And the drive train with a DNR and a 4 speed- sequential - with R bypassing the gearbox - raises the bar for any upcoming supercar.

There have been a few supercars with this feature already. Jeroen Ottens' DB11 comes to mind. Unless you mean something different?

The car looks awesome, great job! 

1 hour ago, Appie said:

There have been a few supercars with this feature already. Jeroen Ottens' DB11 comes to mind. Unless you mean something different?

The car looks awesome, great job! 

Correct... :thumbup:  His car also has 4 more speeds... The only thing that is somewhat unique about this model's gearbox is the left/right push button system with the indicator dial... I also checked around to make sure the way the actual gearbox and center console shifter is designed is different than any other that I have seen so that it isn't just a rehash of someone Else's design...

800x638.jpg

3 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

Awesome gearbox! As far as the bodywork is concerned, my only nitpick is that I would use another flex axle above front wheelarches to close the gap a bit. Otherwise it is perfect!

Few 'buts' about the mechanics though. Why typical, old as world, double wishbone suspension? And steering links longer than wishbones? And no ackermann steering?

My main goal for this was trying to come up with a different way to use the shocks that were similar in both the front and back... The length of the links and gear rack just so happened to be a match for what I needed... Even though the links are longer than the wishbones, there isn't any movement by the hubs(when straight or when steered) when the suspension is compressed(this was my main concern when using them) and everything moves properly, so I went with what I felt was the best option... Since it is pretty easy to implement, 'll probably use an ackermann set up in a future build... :thumbup:

800x603.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

7 hours ago, Appie said:

You're right. I almost forgot about Jeroen's DB11. I think because it's of a level I still find hard to grasp :wink:.

6 hours ago, Paul Boratko said:

800x603.jpg

Are these tan pins in the upper wishbones of the front module 3/4 pins or 3L pins?

Just now, Didumos69 said:

You're right. I almost forgot about Jeroen's DB11. I think because it's of a level I still find hard to grasp :wink:.

Are these tan pins in the upper wishbones of the front module 3/4 pins or 3L pins?

I am going to assume that they are 3/4 pins. I don't think that it is possible for a 3L pin to fit into that steering arm without bending and damaging it.

Beautiful car! :wub: That HoG shifter is a very interesting, I may have to try that some time. Very excited for that video.

Just now, Meatman said:

I don't think that it is possible for a 3L pin to fit into that steering arm without bending and damaging it.

I do that all the time. It bends it, but I have never broken one, knock on wood. :wink: