Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, does that vehicle of Killer Frost's remind anyone of that 2008 Mr. Freeze buggy? :wacko:

You know, I can see it. 

5 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I understand that Lego doesn't make yellow hips anymore, but it's a shame Reverse Flash is going to be bright orange instead of yellow. 

I'm looking at the close-up pics, and though I can't guarantee which yellow he uses, it's a very accurate yellow for his costume.

Lex's mech is pretty interesting, I might get that one. Krypto looks nice too, but the rest of the set doesn't interest me.

I really like these figures, especially Reverse Flash and Krypto. I also love those power blast pieces.

Can't wait to get these.

Edited by PickleManDan

22 hours ago, latenightguy said:

@J4ck My Juniors comment is more so directed towards Killer Frost's vehicle, which I find to be rather lacking, whereas Cyborg's helicopter is better than some builds. Of all of the builds, I feel as if Lex Luthor's mech is the most substantial build of the wave, while 76098's are weaker and at a higher price than 76096 to be less desirable. Alas, I am just hoping for a wave where the builds are worthy and not dependent on the minifigures.

I agree with what you said about the set with Lex in and the set with Cyborg in. Killer Frost's car is juniors worthy ish, I agree but hey I like what they did with the engine!

Also, quick question do the Ice Power Blasts and Fire Power Blasts actually shoot?

Edited by J4ck

Something about the power canister thing spread across the sets is really appealing to me. Reminds me of some Action themes of the past, like Pharaoh's Quest or the first Ninjago waves with the Golden Weapons.

These sets really have grown on me.

-I like Lex's mech a lot more than the 2012 one, and the minifigs in that set are pretty great as well. Finally a Cheetah and Firestorm, along with all new variants of Lex, WW, and Bats which were unexpected but much welcome.

-Despite the clunky title, the Cyborg helicopter set is decent. Not a huge fan of Killer Frost's car (it does look Juniors-esque), but Cyborg's helicopter looks good. I like the all silver Cyborg, new Flash is again unexpected but great. As a big DC CW fan, getting Reverse Flash and Killer Frost is awesome. I will probably replace Killer Frost's hair with Storm's though.

-The Lobo set continues the tradition of solid $20 Super Heroes sets. I still can't believe we're actually getting an official Lego Lobo. His bike is pretty nice for a $20 set. Loving Krypto, I assumed when I read the leaks that it would be a reuse of the DC Super Hero Girls mold. Genius reuse of Scooby-Doo. As for Superman, I really wish that we would finally get the New 52 look from Lego Batman 3. Seems weird that everyone else got their in-game versions in the 2015 wave except him.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Also, quick question do the Ice Power Blasts and Fire Power Blasts actually shoot?

I don't think so, in the clear images we have, it looks like the pieces just sit on top of the minifigure hand like a stud. I feel like the descriptions would mention if they actually shoot, since all they say is that they're included for customization.

The lack of leg printing is definitely a disappointment, especially with all the progress it feels like Lego has made with leg deco. I understand trying to hit a certain price point by excluding it (maybe they feel those set prices are sweet spots for DC (non-Batman or Lego Batman movie-themed items), but these feel like massive missed opportunities. Another Flash without dual-molded legs? A new Reverse Flash without dual-molded legs? Also, why do another Luthor mech and an irrelevant Cyborg copter/Frost car instead of other iconic items from the DC universe? 

5 minutes ago, RobLego said:

Also, why do another Luthor mech and an irrelevant Cyborg copter/Frost car instead of other iconic items from the DC universe? 

Its LEGO. Aimed towards kids, not the adults who want vehicles and such from the DC mythos

I feel like I'm going crazy, that's a new mold for krypto right? I'm looking at my Scooby and it seems very different.

Question, does anyone know what that small red 1 by 2 piece is in the bottom left corner of this set image?

35791359461_f895eba208.jpg

Question, does anyone know what that small red 1 by 2 piece is in the bottom left corner of this set image?

It's to attach the flames to Firestorms feet.

It's a new piece intended to attach 'effect parts' to characters' feet, but it looks like it'll have a TON of other uses in building.

BRGaiae.jpg

Just now, LegoTFGuy said:

It's a new piece intended to attach 'effect parts' to characters' feet, but it looks like it'll have a TON of other uses in building.

So, wait a minute, am I looking at a dual sided studded plate here?! :oh3:

Edit: Never mind, it's just a one by two plate with rounded edges.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, wait a minute, am I looking at a dual sided studded plate here?! :oh3:

Sadly I think the fire bits just attach via bars through open studs.

Edited by LegoTFGuy

1 hour ago, InnerRayg said:

I feel like I'm going crazy, that's a new mold for krypto right? I'm looking at my Scooby and it seems very different.

Yes Krypto is an entirely new mold:thumbup:

Krypto does not use a recolored version of Scooby--they are in fact very different both in overall shape and pose.