Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

Foyodran Tower, The Void Valley

Deep within the Rakarth mountains, where even Raavage's foul servants fear to go, lies a vast and forsaken land known as the Void Valley. Nothing inhabits this wicked realm in current times, but the Void Valley was once the site of an ancient and great power. All which remains of this dark kingdom is an edifice known only to a few as Foyodran Tower. Located in far within the Void Valley, Foyodran Tower rises above the surrounding lava lakes as an imposing artifact of an age long forgotten. Only a few know of Foyodran's existence, and even fewer know the dark and fearsome power which still resides in its corridors.

31528078933_19fce53de6_c.jpg

The last one known to make this journey was Senurhem Nogad, leader of the Covenant of Nocturnus and ally of the Black Spire. He sought the tower's dark powers as an aid to crush the rising Resistance. He was never seen again. Some suggest Foyodran Tower betrayed Senurhem and that the evil powers within consumed his body and spirit. Others say Raavage, fearing a dark power greater than his own, appeared before Senurhem and cast him into the fiery pits of Void Valley.

31962032450_b62f2beb51_c.jpg

One thing is certain, however: the evil and terrible magic which lurks in Foyodran was never unlocked, much to the benefit of the Free People of Nocturnus. After setbacks forced the Black Spire to relinquish its control over much of the Rakarths, the Void Valley is now firmly in Resistance hands. Its entrance has since been sealed up in hopes that whatever dark power lies within will never be released.

31961794390_1e8e731e6d_c.jpg

31961783100_057fc1afae_c.jpg

32188609382_60228cb6bf_c.jpg

32338884095_9c42381c34_c.jpg

------------------------------------------

Hello! Geez, here we are, another build from months ago, just now posted here.  I hoped to fit this somehow into Chapter V, but other, more daunting priorities kept my attention elsewhere and I pretty much missed the entire challenge. Nevertheless, here it is my friends. Better late than never, I suppose!

I actually had this thing together for more than a year before I was able to get any decent pictures of it. We Nocturnians are plagued by the difficulty in photographing black, and Foyodran Tower was a particular challenge. As the months wore on, I developed an intense hate for this build. It's just so ugly. I took it to several LUG displays, secretly praying I would drop it or some other disaster would befall it. But Foyodran's luck held out and it survived each trip (though, of the 12,000 orange neon bits in there, I'd say at least a thousand are scattered around convention centers in Arkansas and in various vehicles). I couldn't have been more excited to get these few pictures and finally destroy this evil and monstrous creation for good. Though, to be completely fair to this MOC, it truly looked much better in real life. These photos really don't do justice to the scale and design. But all things, good and evil, must come to an end. Like sands through the hourglass, Foyodran too has passed through time and into another realm (well, back into the proper plastic containers, anyways).

Thanks for looking y'all!

Edited by MassEditor

Well, that's the end of him:laugh:

A neat and extraordinary build, ME!  My favorite parts would have to be the gem on top and the carved rock staircase, but the rounded shape of the tower is nicely done as well :thumbup:  I get the feeling that I have no idea how large or small this build actually is, though - I think it's the huge SNOTted grey rockwork that makes the calculation difficult.  

I read you about the deep dislike and distaste that often grows for builds that spend too long on the desk and the joy in destroying them! :grin: (though I've never had one quite this ugly :laugh: - just kidding - or that long [a month or so half completed and bugging my name to finish the interior or something that I'm not inspired for is plenty of time for me to dislike one :grin:])  Thankfully it's never taken me quite that long to get good pics of a build, but yours certainly did turn out impressively in the end for such a tough color to photograph!

Really cool build, ME! Though the black tower is really cool, the best part of this build for me is the landscaping. My jaw drops at the notion of 12.000 neon oranges (and even 11.000 is a lot :wink:), but what completely blows my mind is the rockwork. Your rocks are always top-of-the-bill, but this time you have outdone yourself sir. :drool:

Looks very creepy and totally cool! I wouldnt want to be there which pretty much says everything. :D

I really like the tower itself and the landscaping at its base, but the diving board is all sorts of weird.  Pretty awesome example of what you can do with all of three colors.

Great Lord of the Rings (movies) feel to this. Would be right at home in Mordor.

As always, brilliant work. It may not be the greatist, and I feel a second tower on top would improve it. However still very cool and I love the landscaping.

Wow... wow.... Amazing one Patrick, the black vines there work amazingly well with the atmosphere... Great layered rockwork too... :wub: :wub:

Very dark and gloomy place..no wonder nothing lives there with all that lava around.

This looks really good. A lot like the demonic world in TES IV: Oblivion, with all its thorns, dead trees, lava and black rock. Very atmospheric. Lovely MOC! :classic:

How big is this thing? It doesn't look like it should be that large (I think that is because it lacks minifigs for scale), but a rough count of your base indicates it is on four 48x48 baseplates... Impressive build, and I can sympathize with the back photography issue after one of my Chal. V Cat. C builds. I love the use of all of those horns to decorate the walls. And your twisted trees are fantastic!

You've made black look amazing :wub: Creepily cool architecture style, and the massive lava pool and rock slab are incredible :thumbup: